1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Spiritdoll 1/2 girls and boys Discussion

May 26, 2013

1. #1 nancy_schroeder_ca, May 26, 2013
      Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    2. I'm loving the body but I kind of wish the head was bigger..
      Perhaps I'm just used to my Volks girls' big noggins!XD

3. We do get used to the larger heads on dolls, but I also like the dolls with more realistic proportions. You can make the head look a bit bigger with a fluffy wig!

4. I asked on their guest board if they would be releasing a blank head photo of Gardenia's head, and they wrote back and said to watch their website for one. :)
      I think she's lovely, I actually like this one much better than the Alice -- is it just me or is Gardenia's head a little bigger than Alice's? Maybe it's just the wig, but hope we can tell better with a blank shot. In any case I'm pretty smitten, it's the nose I think, but in their bright and dreamy photos it's really hard to see how much of the eye sculpt detail is in the mold and how much of it is in the faceup so I'm really looking forward to seeing the blank shot. If all goes well with some sales and some other things, I want to bring home a Gardenia sometime this fall/winter. There's a balance and delicacy to Spirit Doll's 1/2 girls that there just isn't with the Lusions, as much as I love my Eugenie.
      the only thing that bugs me is the non-jointed torso. On the other hand the price is much nicer than Dollmore's ;).

5. Great! I was going to ask for a blank picture, but I never got around to it. Alice is much prettier blank than she is with the company faceup, at least in my opinion. I like the shape of the Spirit Doll torso. I haven't played with her enough yet to know how well she poses.

6. Soooo.... pretty much... DITTO on everything Lirin said.

I also asked a few questions on Spirit Doll's guest board - and thought I should post the answers here for others to see. I asked if Gardenia could be ordered in Tan skin, if I could order the Elegance (SDGirl) sized 'Ivy' outfit set made 1/2 sized, and if they could post some photos of the Gardenia head on the nude body, so we could see the proportions a little bit better.

Here's what they had to say:
      Pretty good news, I'd say. Although, I don't think my wallet sees it that way - ;) - Looks like it's time to start saving up! :D

7. Eeeep! Thanks for posting that - I hadn't noticed that announcement! Looks like it runs until the end of June - which pushes my 'need to order by' date forward by quite a bit. Darn you, Spirit Doll!

I just posted a few more questions on their Guest Board, but probably won't hear back until after the weekend. I asked them if they plan to make a jointed torso for the 1/2 Dolce body, if they'll release photos of the blank head on the nude body before the Anniversary Event is over, and if they would consider a slightly longer layaway for an order for Gardenia plus some clothing/accessories. We shall see....

EDIT: Just got a reply - that was fast:

8. Excellent! Hopefully, they'll post some photos of the head on the body without any wig or outfit - so we can get a better idea of proportions. But so far, so good!

9. I never, ever, wanted a doll this size, but for some reason Gardenia is haunting. Does anyone actually have owner photos of her?

10. Gardenia was only released a few days ago, so there aren't any owner photos of her yet. I've seen one person's owner photos of the Limited 1/2 Alice - which is on the same body as Gardenia - but none of Gardenia herself.

11. Awwww.... I just looked at my message on Spirit's Q&A board, and the answer to my question about seeing photos of the Gardenia head on the nude body has been edited:
      While the circumference of the head is the same as Alice's - it still seems like the Gardenia head looks a little more proportional to the body. Perhaps the jaw is wider? Hmmmm....

12. Wow!? Really? I guess I hardly ever go to Spiritdoll's site....

13. I have Alice and I am hoping to get some better pictures to compare to Gardenia.

This is a picture of Alice with Lusion. She is leaning back so it may be making her head look smaller. I'll replace the picture when I get a better one.
      [​IMG]

#16 nancy_schroeder_ca, Jun 2, 2013
      Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
    14. Thank you for sharing Nancy!
      I'd love to see more pictures when you have the time!^^

15. Yes, Thanks Nancy! I second that request for more photos - pretty please? :)

16. Thanks for posting the links to those great photos! My poor Alice is still blank! I did get her out of her hiding place place today!