1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Ringdoll's Frankenstein 2013 Edition and Bride of Frankenstein

May 13, 2013

1. Hello DoA!
      This weekend I had the great pleasure to meet the amazing people of Ringdoll at PNW BJD Expo. They had a beautiful setup of some of their dolls, but the main attraction was the anticipating 2013 edition
      of their Frankenstein and his Bride. I took some images and wanted to share them with you all.

:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/esmeipersona/sets/72157633473425949/

2. OuO they are so pretty!!

I had a giggle-fit about the baby. It's so amazing!

I am most definitely getting a Frankenstein! I'm debating on a fully blushed doll, or get him blank and blush him myself. I think it'd be an amazing and fun journey to blush him myself.

3. LOL, I yelped when they removed the stomach lid and took out the fetus. It was a tad disturbing and yet freakishly awesome.
      If you do the blushing yourself, you have to spam this thread with pictures. :) His mechanical leg and arm seems like it will be a fun and aggressive challenge.

4. I will for sure! I was wondering if the baby came out...he/she looked ready to come out...if you know what I mean! xD

I built my own costume armor, and worked with resin props, including an AVP helmet. I would love to try fully custom painting a bjd. I have all the things needed, except MSC and masks. I'm pretty handy with a brush when I have the inspiration, too. (studying in art and design lol)

It would be a pleasure to make him truly unique. At least to me. :P I already have eyes, and started planning him. xD I even picked a name for him! :D

5. Thanks for taking the amazing photos! I love the bride's face but her cuts are a little too realistic for me, I think. She's awfully pretty, though!!!

I got the original Frankenstein during his first release. I prefer him to the new one, but I like the hatch on the new one's chest a lot. Like I wish I could just have that chestplate for my doll so he could have an additional accessory. XD The new Frankenstein is like a deep sea diver or something. haha I like him. ^^ Frankie 2.0. I wish they'd changed his outfit, though. That's kind of lame to use the same one.

6. I was saying that today too, about his outfit. :I Maybe they don't have a new one yet. o.o'

To be fair, though, I don't like his outfit at all. xD I'd make my own clothes for him, anyways. :P

7. Eep, a little too gruesome for me, I certainly was not expecting to see the fetus o.o Love the shoes!

8. XpHoBiaX: The fetus can be removed from the Bride's belly and even it has some impressive details. I can't wait to see what you can do with him. I didn't ask if the outfits they were wearing is the final product, I should have
      and am kicking myself. I got too excited just seeing the dolls in person.

Fin Raziel: Thank you. I wanted to share the images with Ringdoll fans. I'm jealous you have the original Frankenstein. I missed out on his sale and he became my "grail doll". The 2013 Frankenstein edition comes with two heads (the picture above which is the same as the original Frank and the newer head) and he'll come with two left arms (a plain one and the mechanical looking one in the photo). His mask is removable as well as the tubes and the hatch on his chest opens and you can see his heart. I was told he's a little bigger than the original Frankenstein doll.

9. whitemouthgag
      Oh wow! That is cool! It makes me chuckle though...Frisky Frankie. *snerk*I would have been just as excited, and probably forget all the questions I wanted to ask...or forget the answers! LOL
      That is pretty cool that he will have those options...I dunno if I like his mechanical leg or not. O.o I wonder if I can ask for a normal leg... >__>
      I shouldn't be so picky. >___< I should be happy Ringdoll put out Frankenstein again, and that I can actually get him this time! The extra head would be neat to customize... xD

Most definitely will be getting him blank...and probably fiddle-fart with whatever comes with him. xD I like modding. Never did it dolly scale before...but it'll be interesting!

10. "Fiddle Fart" I spit out my drink when I read that. LOL
      I was deeply doubting the look of the Frankenstein when I saw the teaser pictures on Ringdoll's site. The left arm really put me off, that is until I saw him in person. :)

11. xD My prop building friend dropped that phrase about a week ago...it is now in my vocab too. xD I still laugh everytime I hear it/say it.
      That was how I was, Didn't like the arm...teaser pics really did not do Frankie justice. They put me off a little, and I almost decided to forget about getting one. But now that you got to see him and share your thoughts and photos, I am satisfied and will be looking forward to ordering him.

My other SD, Nicky...may not be too happy about that though. :I He's wanting me to get his cousin...or better yet, his fiance. lol

It's going to be interesting how their little "lives" will pan out.

12. Oh wow they are wonderfull!! Always wanted a frankie of ringdoll but will never get the money on time ;/
      I think I would go for the first edition of frankenstein tho.
      The girl looks tempting tho and the detail of that unborn child in her is just wonderfull! creepy and sensative but great

13. i really cant wait for that new Frankenstein to come out. I'm so excited.

Edit: also... any word on whether or not he'll be offered in normal skin as well?

14. The bride and baby freaks me out but Frankie is INCREDIBLE!

15. I didn't ask them, I should have. I assumed the doll would come in one color only like the Zombie doll, but don't quote me. :)

16. I had asked Jenny about resin. She said only grey skin.

However, I did see a white skin, normal skin, and what appeared to be a tan skin original Frankenstein through a google/bing search.

It's still early, but I hope they make it an option. I really would like a white resin Frankie. >u<'

17. :o A white skinned Frankie..... that would rock!

18. These may have been heavily blushed...and the "white" resin link may just be the lighting. (i'm sorry if the links aren't allowed...??)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7243/7248933398_84c834c4e3.jpg

http://mobscene100.c.blog.so-net.ne.jp/_images/blog/_0ce/mobscene100/m_frankenstein_up.jpg?c=a0

and the "white" one
      http://s915.photobucket.com/user/Tsukasa_DoA/media/Meet/DP6_2_RD_Frank3.jpg.html

I think these are users here on DOA too. :) Not 100% sure.

I think blushing Frankie a lighter skin tone will be in order! LOL! It gives me a good reason to go hunting for my airbrushes!! xD

19. Yep, those are just regular Frankensteins, not special resin. He was only released in gray. The doll in the first photo just has some heavy blushing. Ringdoll blushed a lot of the dolls bronze. Mine didn't get it too bad, but I saw someone else's on DoA that was freaking orange with the bronzer they used! The second photo is someone's homemade blushing job; that definitely didn't come from Ringdoll. And the 'white' doll is just the effect of bright lighting. They're all the gray resin.

Whitemouthgag, how much bigger is the new Frankie supposed to be? The original was 72cm.

20. Awwers...oh well! I think I will have fun blushing my doll, either way. I don't really want a Ganguro Frankenstein.... as much fun and hilarious that might be.... no.o.o''