Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: WITHdoll Mini Discussion Part 4

Regarding the height: Taren is 45,3cm tall (or there ish depending how the head is positioned) and without a head the body is exactly 40cm tall. So yeah, the boys are 45cm tall and girls a few cm shorter. But if they wear their armour heels or shoes/booties/pumps they get about as tall as the boys barefoot.

Soenatte, Juwel's head is a pretty regular 7-8", I'd say. It's just huge compared to most of the girls who have a 6" head.

And CannibalLollypop already linked this, but there's normal and rose white together here.
    Last edited by Yenna; 06-28-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Etsy shop | Withdoll FAQ/blog

Quote Originally Posted by $avage View Post
    Tintokura they didn't replied yet?I've got a reply this morning, try to drop to WithDoll and enquire on their Q&A board sometimes is the fastes way to get in touch with every BJD companies as mials get caught in spam folders at time.
    I posted on theire Q&A board on monday aswell to be on the safe side and today when i checked they had just skipped it... Hopefully that means theyre looking in to it before giving me an answer. I go by the name tinegrey on companie sites...
    Dolls: Ipos. Kantie. Luceficre. Calyo (DOD) Leonard (Hybrid) Ibo Lele (pipos) Rugarin (WD) Chai, Chuddles (Luts ZDF)
    Waiting for: Shoes...

Uhmm i know sometimes they did the same with me about shipping fee, this means that WithDoll need to ask more info to somoene among the staff before give you a reply which i really really hope it will be shortly, just an advice please be firm and tell them that you know that knee part is weak, i already said about it but to reiterate doesn't hurt...

*HAPPYDANCE* Nana is shipped!! 15 weeks later, but I don't care. I'm going to assume it was a mix between grey resin, lots of orders and unfavourable weather for faceups. Now it's just down to stalking the tracking site and waiting. ;P And a slight worry about unfavourable head size differences between her and Qu'ess (Juwel) >_< But on the other hand he was first accompanied by a Resinsoul Mei and her head looked ridiculous next to his. Could have been because his features are more delicate than Mei's though... *rambles* Sorry... off to the tracking site!!! *scampers off* ^_^
    At home: Datura and Ragwort (3 5*Batboys with Quintus and Batboy heads) Qu'ess Taletreader (WITHdoll Juwel Darkranger) Jack (Iplehouse Arvid) Sin (Iplehouse Stella) Dr. Lucas Crowe (Leeke Mihael) Willow (Iplehouse Luna) Barnaby (Dikadoll Bobby) Rosalie (Dollmore Zaoll Dreaming Luv/Supia hybrid), Abigail (Soom MD Keny), (WITHdoll Nana), (WITHdoll Cynthia)

yay! Bortbytiting please take lots of pictures when she arrives

Finally got an answer I can now finally breathe and know that my girl is going to be ok again.
    Dolls: Ipos. Kantie. Luceficre. Calyo (DOD) Leonard (Hybrid) Ibo Lele (pipos) Rugarin (WD) Chai, Chuddles (Luts ZDF)
    Waiting for: Shoes...

Congrats on the shipping notice, Bortbyting! Please post photos of her once she arrives~

Tintokurai, I'm glad to hear that you received a reply from Withdoll and will get a new part for your girl! They seemed to have a lot of messages to sort out this week thanks to the event, so perhaps that's why they've been a bit slow in answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowy View Post
    Totally understand that. You might see a mold, think 'hey, he's perfect <3 <3 <3' and when he arrives and you put him with your group, he just... doesn't fit. ^^°
    Yeah, exactly. In those cases it's better to let go and keep looking. Also, it might give someone else a chance to get the doll that they always wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Soenatte View Post
    @Mizya: I definitely feel your pain... I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to shells for my characters as well; this was the reason my kid delf had to go and also that my Mai's character was changed. At first Shai and myself wanted to get Nei and Mai for a different pair of twins and although the expressions suited them fairly well (one is perky but shy, the other bold but sleepy/languid) the actual sculpts (both head as well as body) were quite off from the childish, bubbly image they were meant to have, yet we still really wanted the dolls and it all fell into place when we considered them for a different pair... For me everything just kind of happened on its own from then on, their wigs and eyes will be ordered early in August and there are already clothes I want to get for my boy... which is rare for me as I usually tend to be massively uninspired as far as fashion goes.

And a sidequestion... is Juwell's head 'really' that off? o-o I'm quite used to 7-8 MSD heads, is all...
    Yeah, it's definitely not easy being a perfectionist. >.<;; For some characters of mine I have gone through even three different shells to finally find the right one. It can be a very long process, ahah. I hope that everything works out well with your twins! ^^

Well, I don't think I would mind it so much, if my Angela's head wasn't so tiny (everything was fine until she came along lol). x'D Here are some comparison photos of Juwel & Fenrir with Angela. With wigs it's not as glaringly obvious, but... it does bother me a little - especially now that the newer boys all seem to have smaller heads. .__.; Also, lately I've moved onto collecting 40cm+ dolls with an 6~7inch head size (I have Narins & Naraes and plan to buy a MiniSup girl and a Limho boy in the future) in general, so that's why the 7~8inch heads are starting to feel kinda big to me.

@Mizya: Thank you for the comparison photos! It's really interesting to see the size difference between an older boy head and Angela. I don't think the difference is too bad, though... In reality men often have bigger heads than women who are smaller than them.

Anyway, I'm looking very forward you Limhwa Mono, if you'll really get one! Angela und Mono look very fine in comparison:
    (And even better if the Mono hasn't yellowed as much as mine. )
    Room mates:
    • Mimi Noelle (Souldoll Harang), Simon Vincent (Limhwa Limho Mono), Lina (MNF Chloe), Seyreene/Reene (Withdoll Angela), Heath (MNF Siean Elf), Hauke (Souldoll Vito Lester)
    • Solveig (Limhwa To You Sara), Lotta (PukiPuki Flora), Sammakko (Soom Toad)

Reika, I do realise that in real life people have varying physical features and in no way did I mean that the difference in head sizes is a huge problem. If there are Withdoll fans/owners who aren't bothered by the size difference, it's perfectly fine and I'm happy for them. It's just that I would prefer if Juwel had a slightly smaller head, because then he would look better with Angela in my eyes. So, it's only a matter of personal preference.

Yeah, Limho Mono has been on my wishlist for several years and I definitely plan to get one at some point. He'd be from a different storyline than my Withdolls so I wouldn't be photographing them together, though. My Withdolls are from my fantasy storyline, and the rest of my 40cm+ dolls are regular humans. Well, I do have a Cream White Aiden head (that I plan to hybrid with a Soulkid double jointed boy body because Withdoll's body is too muscular for his character) and Brown Tan Cynthia also on my wishlist... they would be exceptions and join my human crew when/if I end up getting them. ^^

Mizya, I understand. Of course it's also a matter of personal taste! =)
    Room mates:
    • Mimi Noelle (Souldoll Harang), Simon Vincent (Limhwa Limho Mono), Lina (MNF Chloe), Seyreene/Reene (Withdoll Angela), Heath (MNF Siean Elf), Hauke (Souldoll Vito Lester)
    • Solveig (Limhwa To You Sara), Lotta (PukiPuki Flora), Sammakko (Soom Toad)

Doomed from being Soomed mizunotsubasa's Avatar
    I can't remember if Soom head fits on Withdoll's body can anyone confirm if they fit and look ok
    Waiting on : MDF ANNETTE {GWENDOLEN}
    DA:TUMBLR:LJ: Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by mizunotsubasa View Post
    I can't remember if Soom head fits on Withdoll's body can anyone confirm if they fit and look ok
    Are you looking for the male or female bodies? I have two Withdoll girls and there's a Soom Goss at home. I can do a headswap if you'd like.

Edit:
    Forgot I took pics like this before.
    Soom Goss on WD V.Rachel body.
    Last edited by Koma; 06-30-2013 at 02:53 PM.
    Home: BBB Apollo | ID Teno | WD V.Rachel | RD Carlos | MD Mu | MD Owen | WD LE Angela | ND Rogebell | AS Ishyllia D | Mystic Kids Miri | Dika AAAAA
    Layaway:
    Waiting: Soom FCE '14 Chalco/Quartz

Tintokurai i'm very very happy for you, please keep me posted about replacement part of your girl!
    Bortbytiting finally, congrats on your shipping notice!
    Reika love so much your trisome!

Doomed from being Soomed mizunotsubasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Koma View Post
    Are you looking for the male or female bodies? I have two Withdoll girls and there's a Soom Goss at home. I can do a headswap if you'd like.

Edit:
    Forgot I took pics like this before.
    Soom Goss on WD V.Rachel body.
    thanks Koma; the neck seem to long for me, how does the body proportion look to the dead. I was thinking to put my Soom Dune head on a mature body.
    Last edited by mizunotsubasa; 06-30-2013 at 07:55 PM.
    Waiting on : MDF ANNETTE {GWENDOLEN}
    DA:TUMBLR:LJ: Flickr

Congrats Bortbyting! Please post many pics of her when you get her! I hope she will get to you really fast

Tintorukai congrats! I'm so happy for you!

Reika I love your dolls! A Narae can go really nice with Withdoll girls!

Mizya I understand, those are personal preference, and as they say "there are as many tastes as colours" so it is OK.
    BTW I saw your Angela's picture on the WD blog and I was so amazed!!! She is so gorgeous!
    At Home: Coco (Withdoll Basic Rachel), Cookie (Withdoll Donny, 16cm)

Blog
    | Etsy | Commissions Store

Well, finally I contac them last friday and sent me this message:

We are sorry for delay.
    Your order will be shipped in this week.
    We are sorry once again.
    Thank you.

And guess what? my Kyle in rosy brown is shipped today! OMG I'm very excited and very happy!

Ohhh this is great paxita, i'm very very happy for you!
    Congrats also to you Bortbyting 15 weeks of waiting seems a huge time of waiting, please spam pics when your Nana will arrive!

that's wonderful paxita~ <3 can't wait to see him
    and likewise congrats Bortbyting! I know what long wait times feel like... //sobs at own signature/ I don't know how I do it but I always seem to pick the companies with the longest turn-around times in history DX; in the end it's all worth it, though!

And I placed mine and Shai's order officially just a little while ago! x3; now the waiting game begins once again!
    Last edited by Soenatte; 07-02-2013 at 12:48 AM.
    flickrtumblrdeviantartfeedback
    Nowe ~ C ~ Finn ~ Ary ~ Mephy ~ Selvans ~ Nii ~ Hugh ~ Irie ~ Lavi
    Cas ~ Lys ~ Ja'far ~ Kei ~ Nero ~ Hyorin ~ Cal ~ Nin ~ Shuu ~ Rin
    Nagito ~ Volks FCS F20 boy
    ~ saving: DC Austin

Guys seems that by 4th of July will be a restock of Dante, Angela, Fenrir and Cathy scaredcrow, also 7 Cynthia will be avilable, seems that WithDoll had cleared some shopiing cart of orders never payed, so everyone that would like a chance to grab some of these dolls be sure to browse company web site by 4th

That timing is so delightful! xD; I'd so like to get a Fenrir but I just spent all my money on Mai ;;v;; ohwell~ I'm very excited about getting him anyway.
    flickrtumblrdeviantartfeedback
    Nowe ~ C ~ Finn ~ Ary ~ Mephy ~ Selvans ~ Nii ~ Hugh ~ Irie ~ Lavi
    Cas ~ Lys ~ Ja'far ~ Kei ~ Nero ~ Hyorin ~ Cal ~ Nin ~ Shuu ~ Rin
    Nagito ~ Volks FCS F20 boy
    ~ saving: DC Austin

Congrats paxita! Hope he gets to you fast!

Soenatte congrats!
    At Home: Coco (Withdoll Basic Rachel), Cookie (Withdoll Donny, 16cm)

Blog
    | Etsy | Commissions Store