1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

DIM Tom Hiddleston Discussion Thread

Feb 15, 2013

1. I am not sure if it's wrong to open this up, but I know there are an awful lot of owners for the sculpt and a lot of people who will still want to discuss the sculpt after they get it in and such-- so.. here I suppose :V

2. Yay! Hiddles thread. If this is okay with the moderators, it'll be a lot of fun to have a place where Tom owners can talk about this awesome sculpt.

In case you are thinking of buying a Tom Hiddleston head and you weren't around for the threads where we talked about this, here's what I've heard works:

Wig size: 8/9
      Resin color: Comes in Normal Pink (Close to Resinsoul normal skin) or a paper white color.
      Eye size: 14 or smaller? I've heard of people using as small as an 11mm eye.

If I'm wrong, correct me, I don't want to mislead anybody.

I haven't done any experimentation with my doll yet, so I just know what people have told me. I'm going to try to match my head with a Doll Family A 3rd generation 62 CM body. I'll let you know how that looks and whether it works when I receive my body and its head. :)

Meanwhile, here's some eye candy. This is my pinterest of projects/clothing I've found that are related to Tom. :D

http://pinterest.com/rwilli94/minimee-loki/

3. The Tom heads match with Dream of Doll too-- it's pretty close-- DOT for a slightly bobbly head and DOI for a more muscular tall version-- both will have to be sanded where the head is abit because the head at the front wont fit well otherwise.

4. I got the FantasyDoll 69cm body for my Tom, Felix. Here's headless Felix wearing a sweater I made him today :)

[​IMG]
      Felix's Sweater by jessicakrouse, on Flickr

Also I got Felix 13mm Eyeco eyes in Emerald Gold. They're sooo pretty! :D

5. I'm not very creative, for me the hobby is getting stuff together to create the look I want, but I want to try and make the shawl Loki is wearing in Stuttgart. So, printable fabric and stuff. This Loki thing is getting me to contemplate craft! XD

6. I feel you there Stella~ I want to make the armour really bad out of the foam-- someone put a tutorial up somewhere, but yeah.. it comes out brilliant.

7. I'm going for a Spiritdoll Proud body I think, not sure how the resin matches up though... it doesn't help that I'm not sure which head I'll be using for Loki ^^; the WS is a lot whiter than I imagined, so looks like I'm back to researching matches!

8. I've got a bbb/rs for one of mine on the way-- and one is on my DoT body, but I have to sand either the neck hole or the neck itself, but I am unsure as which I should sand

9. I got my DiMbody some days ago andIloveit ~
      Heaaad.. Come hooome.. :3

10. <3 Soon I'm sure Hanne! x)

11. Hmmm... I'd probably sand the head, just because if it goes wrong it'd be more visible on the neck and harder to correct I imagine. BUT I've never had to do it before, so I don't know ^^;

12. Oh yay, a discussion thread. O:

After doing a mock-up of a face-up on a picture of a blank head last night, I'm fairly certain my Tom head is going to be Lady Loki. Or just an evil sorceress if I decide not to make her into a character doll.

I think this was the tutorial for the craft foam armor you were talking about Count. It would probably be more useful in this thread than the other anyway. XD

http://entropyhouse.com/penwiper/costumes/helmsdeep.html

13. I can't wait to see how your doll turns out!

I may try that craft foam project myself, it looks like fun.

Is anybody going to attempt that helmet of his? Got any tips for the rest of us?

14. I hope she tuns out good. XD

I'm going to attempt Lady Lokis head piece and probably his helmet. I have no tips though, because I'm sitting here wondering just how I'm going to accomplish that myself. :P

I'd also like her body to have some curves. Something akin to this, I think:

[​IMG]

I'm trying to get her a WS ResinSoul female body now, since its about all my budget will allow for. So, it's going to take some mod work on the body as well. Which is alright because I'd been wanting to try my hand at body modding and reshaping for awhile now anyway. Lady is going to be quite the project, I think. @A@

What did you plan on doing with yours, MadScientist...?

15. I'm going to mostly try to find things for him that look like things Tom has worn in photos, but I might also try to do some Loki stuff. I'm a beginner, so nothing too drastic.

16. Oh look a discussion thread! Creepy Tom's currently off with gabriel getting a faceup and I am eagerly awaiting photos of him. In the end I went with black hair for him since I really think Tom looks best with it.

The normal skin is probably the pinkest normal skin I've ever seen. Next to my Volks body it looks neon pink. I'm still waffling over what body I really want since proportions are a big deal for me. Resin match I can probably deal with, but proportions, man. Though the DoI body working size wise is promising because I do like the long, lean look of them.

I actually use 16mm Zouks for my head. They're a little large, iris wise, but still fit in the eye well perfectly fine. I actually like them because they're a little more stylized at that size and the colour is absolutely perfect.

[​IMG]

ImpmonsTrueTamer - I'm currently working on assembling my own Lady Loki doll. His look is so distinct and I freakin' love his lack of eyebrows. He's gonna be the same sculpt as my Sif and I'd originally thought about making them just share a body because that's how it plays out in the comic, but Loki does manage to make Sif's boobs look bigger and nicer, so he's getting a bigger bust.

17. Wow! Lovely!! I will probably also be tempted into a Lady Loki-- I just have to find the right body, really.

18. @MadScientist - Awesome. He'll be quite stylish. XD

@Kim - Ooooh, what are you doing with creepy Tom? O: Oh yes, she works the no eyebrow thing well. I was surprised to see how well the Tom head would look with it. Nice, making them share a body. XD

@TheCount - There can never be too many Lady Lokis!

If found nice head piece references, if anyone wants them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...i_tytorial_by_jojoska-d55jz76_zps1e98aec1.jpg

[​IMG]

19. That's a really nicely made head piece! Creepy Tom is supposed to be black haired Tom since I personally think he looks best with black hair, but we'll see how I feel about him once I've seen him all painted up. At this rate, I might end up with 4 different iterations of Loki in doll form - the hilarity of which is that Loki isn't even my favourite, he's number two on my list of loves. His name comes from the fact that I when I first got the head, I just kept giggling over how creepy it was and it stuck.

20. Kim - Four versions? That sounds amazing. :3 Especially since Loki does like to multiply himself from time to time. heh