1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Batchix Mini Machina 29cm Discussion Part 1

Feb 4, 2013

1. The mod's decided these wee robot gals are on-topic so I'm starting a discussion thread!

Link to Batchix's website: http://batchix.g36.net/

Eta and Delta are human/robot girls with curvy attitudes designed by Batchix. They were originally released in Teal and White back in August. The current preorder is for White or Blue.

[​IMG]
      Blue08 by batchix, on Flickr

Here are the spec's per the website:
      - Height: 29cm
      - Head: 5.5 inches
      - Eyes: 14mm

I love the design of these dolls. But I can foresee some interesting accessorizing issues arising from such a unique robot/human hybrid body. I've seen a few gallery threads around the forums, and invite anyone who has one of these dolls to join the discussion and share your experience with these dolls.

Personally, I waited too long on the first pre-order, and they sold out. But then I was glad I did - I love the blue resin! I ordered a Mini Machina Delta today in Blue Resin and did a quick draft of a potential color scheme/styling.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43753221@N03/8442609464/in/photostream

I probably will switch the eye and hair color - make the eyes the most vibrant part. I'm so excited!

.......Mod Notes....

Batchix Mini Machina 29cm Discussion Part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?561072

2. I'm so glad that the mini-Machina are now on-topic so we can gush about how gorgeous these girls are. I managed to get white Delta, and I'm absolutely in love with her. The joint engineering is remarkable, posing her is a delight. I'm also excited that Batchix has opened another pre-order -- the BJD world needs more adorable robotgirls!

@skyealloway: Here is Delta's profile and 3/4 view:

[​IMG]

More photos:
      Full body profile.
      I love how she sits!
      More examples of her posing here and here

ETA: In case anyone was wondering, she is wearing 14mm eyes.

3. Oh, I'm so glad to see the mods decided they were on-topic!

I have a Delta in teal. Her name is Squeak. I'm still trying to decide on colors and everything, though at one point I was leaning towards hot pink, but the eyes I had were the wrong size :(. But she's just so freaking adorable. One of my friends also got an Eta in teal. We're having a meet next week, so I'm hoping to get pictures of them together.

[​IMG]

4. Oh wow the blue lines really seem to glow! Did you use glitter? she seems sparkly

5. I used a pearl white as a base. I really was not expecting that much shimmer but I am very pleased with it.

6. It's not he best picture, but here are my Delta (named Lizzy) and Eta (Paula).
      [​IMG]
      mini machinas by muizenstaartje, on Flickr
      They are so much fun to pose.

If I had known there would be a blue version available, I would have waited and got one in stead of these too. My Machina Alpha is blue too, so they would have looked great together. Now I have to make due with these two girls (Oh, the horror ;) ).

7. Awww, look at them so cute. Did you have a hard time restringing them? I could not for the life of me get my girls hands back on to her original string. It was almost like it was to short.

8. They were strung really tight, but I took them apart and restrung them the day they arrived. I was a bit worried that the tension would damage the dolls, but the elastic loosened up after a few days.

9. There were some getting used to before I could get them to make complicated poses, but they do pose well. There are some things they can't do well and other things that they do very well. They are quite sturdy so the pose in the picture above was very stable.

I've made a video a while ago about about the two that I have. It shows some of the poses I can make them do.
      [video=youtube_share;rbQRRNIXiTY]http://youtu.be/rbQRRNIXiTY[/video]

10. Ah! I hadn't realized these little ones were on topic now. How nice. I have an Eta.
      She is a grumpy little tea bot named Babel. ^_^

[​IMG]

11. EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I didnt know these girls are on topic! Here's my teal (which is more mint green to me) Delta, Mac:

[​IMG]
      mac001 by kittywolf13, on Flickr

She's waiting on a blue Eta to be her sister named Elna

12. A big group photo would be so much fun! ^__^
      Otomo looks really cute in that wig.

Congrats, Bailey. ^_^

Here is another picture of Babel. I really need to paint her! ^.^"
      [​IMG]

13. Okay, so you can't see their faces, my picture taking skills are not that great and all the face shots are terrible, but my Delta Squeak is on the left and my friend's Eta is on the right.

[​IMG]

Also, dollti Tinman :D

14. Ooh, I LOVE that wig on Otomo! Where did you get it from, and what size is it? :D

15. I just discovered these too! I ordered a blue Delta and I can't wait!
      Hey everyone, what are your plans for your girls? This is the mockup I've done for mine:
      [​IMG]

16. Wow so happy to see everyone's lil robots, and to be able to share my girl, Fanny, who I think is the cutest thing ever. Pretty sure she needs a sister.
      [​IMG]
      Fanny wishes it were spring by stellamaris61, on Flickr

17. Anadine: lovely mockup i also have one of mine but it is still in process and things can change but here is it

[​IMG]
      DeltaBlue jpg by mystearika, on Flickr

Stella Maris: sweet girl you have <3 smart to have the wig beneath the helmet

i can not wait to the next batch arrives, and the hopefully following mini bot spam XD

18. This is just something i did for fun when i purchased my Eta, Elna.... Mac is wondering where her sister is... which actually is still a valid question. LOL

[​IMG]
      MacnElnafunny by kittywolf13, on Flickr

Oh and thanks for the comments guys on Mac! :D