1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback for Rajendora/Sewing Box Designs

Dec 7, 2012

1. ^_^ I'm not sure what goes here, but here's my thread. O_o

2. Kind person, fast and safe shipping! I'm so glad to meet you! :) Thank you for pretty little girl and Merry christmas! :D

3. I commisioned rajendora for a kimono and hakama set with haori and a couple of silk obies ....for my idealian 72 boy ...
      I must say that i thought by her pictures she would be a good seamstress but she is far beyond my expectations on the quality of her work.
      Its beautiful...fine lines and delicate seams..all pieces are perfect ....definatly not an amature.
      Communication was quick and pleasent even though im sure i was a pain giving the correct measurements..
      Shipping was fast too.
      I will certainly commision rajendora again.
      Aaaaa+++++

4. Originally came to her 'feeling' for people to possibly do a YOSD commission for me of a 1700's style boy's/men's outfit. Turns out not only did I find someone willing to take a stab at it, she was thrilled to do this project, and turned out to be very interested in historical clothing and cultures.. even researching sewing methods from the era. Needless to say, top notch pick for a seamstress dedicated to historical accuracy - and general accuracy/attentiveness to design for that matter. It was honestly my first time commissioning someone to make me anything but artwork, but I've got to say, I've never felt SO much like I was having a CUSTOM item made... down to the very stitches, she was making sure I was getting what I wanted out of the commission. Over the course of the project she keeps track of her progress via her blog, including photos - very exciting. She also has a good sense of things 'feeling' right even though they are in scale... in other words her work doesn't have the 'doll clothing' feeling to them, it looks like people clothing, and it looks believable, and amazing. Over the course of the project there was a lot of tweaking to the design and I got the impression mine wasn't the easiest commission. In the end, everything came together amazing. I'm currently waiting on my little package, and will update this post when it arrives.

5. (I did not realise I couldn't edit that post later on, so I'm quoting it... hoping this isn't doing anything wrong)

I received my outfit in the mail about a week ago and was very exited to see the results. The outfit was nice and neat in it's package, and looked phenominal in person. My favorite part about how this comission turned out was how well scaled the stitches were, and the little beads she used as buttons.
      I wanted to comment on how the design changed from start to finish... I was stubborn during the making of this outfit - I reeaaally wanted these Montee's on the vest of the outfit as the buttons.. real WORKING buttons, against satin. She was honest, and told me how easily using montee's on such a tiny satin outfit that I'll be buttoning and unbuttoning would fray the fabric more easily over time than little beads. It wasn't until the last minute that I okayed taking the montee's off and using tiny beads for ALL the buttons on this outfit. Mainly, it was me getting it into my head that the Montee's had tiny, pointy little pokers holding the gems in place, just begging to snag on the satin. My inexperience there was what made me so stubborn. So, although Raj was never pushy about using beads, (the montee's stayed on the outfit until almost the final day because of me insisting) her advice was good from the beginning. Switching to beads was a good decision in the end. What I'm pointing out is that she kept the montee's because it was my preference, and even though it seemed like a bad idea for the sake of the outfit lasting. lol. My preference, even though I changed my mind eventually, took precedence. She's willing to do what YOU want her to do with the comission despite things like that. BUT I would trust her judgement. Really, it made sense. Rajendora wants the customer to be happy with the product long after it leaves her hands, and her advice about the fraying that eventually lead to a tiny design change MATTERED.

The embroidery on the outfit was intentionally simple, and in the begining of the planning, we kicked around a few ideas... silk ribbon embroidery, brazillian embroidery... ended up just with embroidery thread, since it was a YOSD comission and it scaled best. Her knowing about 1700's embroidery trends just impressed me. I pretty much asked her to take an embroidery design and change the flowers in it into yellow carnations, and use diverse colors. The embroidery must have been challenging to do, being so tiny as it is. There's a high level of detail in the stitching not only in the embroidered flower designs all over the outfit, but around the button holes and so on. He has some gold trim around his (working!) buttons, and he's looking fancy as anything.

The last thing I wanted to mention for sure was the issue we had with the pants. Well, I actually think it's an issue with the doll. Heavon forbid that my doll have legs of completely equal circumference. ...We realised, upon my receiving the outfit that the pants were like... A single stitch too tight on one leg calf. Just loose enough to get them on his body with a bit of tugging, they looked fine once they were on. Trying to rough the pants back off the doll was another story. I told Rajendora, and she offered to remake the pants; ...Not modify the ones I had already: she offered to make me a whole second pair, no extra charge. She said, "just send me the fabric". The second pair has a few modifications: slightly wider leg holes at the bottom, has an elastic waistband as opposed to a snap closure (we agreed that the vest would hang better against his tiny body without the snap bulking up the pelvis), and lastly, it has THREE buttons instead of two... (although the elastic band is the main thing keeping his pants on, I love me some 'working' buttons!) ...Lastly, she threw in some extra goodies for my doll: a free extra neck tie (slightly thinner than the one I comissioned as part of the outfit, and of a different material!) and a free handkerchief. I was impressed at 'free remake of pants' so this all blew me away. Some people might take this sort of service for granted, but the truth is, she did not have to do all this for me. I'd already paid her. She wanted my comission to be perfect for me, and I'm really, really happy with it. It's really a shining example of her work, and of YOSD sized clothes in general. It makes me proud to look at 'company' clothes in this size and style, knowing the outfit I OWN is more historically accurate, and is visibly of finer craftsmanship. Great work!

6. I bought two ready-to-wear dresses from Rajendora. Her description of the items was entirely accurate, and the dresses fit my 60cm girls very well. Her sewing for the BJDs is extremely professional and the details are beautiful. Careful packaging of items. Superfast shipping, and communication was excellent. Thank you so much!!

Linda S.
      galatia9

7. I commisioned a wedding dress from rajendora and it is beautiful...quality workmanship....details are superb...its amazing..
      All communication was quick and very friendly...she is a very tallented seamstress and i will certainly commision her again .
      A+++++

8. I commissioned a Sherlock Holmes (BBC version) coat from Rajendora/Sewing Box Designs, and was treated to very professional... everything! Great communication all the way through, excellent work, willing to take payments... just all around awesome to work with! I was always kept up to date with progress reports and photos, and shipping was fast and excellent! And the finished product looks and fits great!
      I am now commissioning more clothes from her. :) Couldn't be happier!

[​IMG]
      Sherlock - Supia Joshua by aernath, on Flickr

9. I commissioned two pants and a pair of briefs for my Idealian boy from Raj, and I'm absolutely thrilled!
      For the pants I sent her photos of two pants designed by Rick Owens in the hope she could create something similar - and my hopes were far surpassed. She wasn't satisfied until she had figured out all the details and the cut. She made working pockets, added all the details and stitching and what not. Even the fly of the undies works! XD She's a really, really awesome seamstress. And not only that, I was always kept up to date on the progress, communication was great and super friendly, she shipped when she promised she would, and even put up with all the paperwork needed for German customs like a pro. :D When I need something special for one of my dolls I'll be sure to ask Rajendora again. <3

10. I commissioned a school outfit from Puella Magi Madoka Magica for my Yo-SD from Raj.

Everything went wonderfully - she was prompt about communication and updates, and the sewing work is out of this world. I am so impressed by her service - I'm looking forward to commissioning more things from her.

Thank you for everything, Raj, the outfit is amazing!

11. Here's a photo of my girl in the outfit:

[​IMG]

Amazing work! :D

12. I commisioned a kimono and tabi socks for my dolls and again rajendora did a beautiful job...excelent seams...tiny and perfect for the small clothes that dolls wear.
      She is a very talented seamstress and if you make it clear what you want you will never be disapointed in the quality of workmanship she puts into an outfit...beautiful.
      I will certainly commision rajendora for future projects...my dolls love her
      i just need to think of a third commision project now

13. I commissioned some casual clothing for my doll from Rajendora (two t-shirts, a pair of jeans, a pair of sweats, and a nice button-down shirt). Raj is a joy to work with! I sent images of what I wanted each piece to look like along with my doll's measurements/tape tailor's form, and she did not disappoint! Everything fits exactly as I wanted, and everything seems very well constructed, and not only that, everything was very affordable! She sent me updates every step of the way, was always in communication, and provided progress pictures as much as she could white fighting with a fidgety connection and technology that doesn't like to work properly and was always in communication with me. I can't express how pleased I am, and I would love to work with her again sometime. :cheer