1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Latidoll Black Line Discussion

Sep 10, 2012

1. No chatter for the Black line yet? Well maybe in the Red thread but I think this new aesthetic is different enough to warrant it's own thread.

Limited Edition Largo

Nude body pics.

Measurements:
      height- 66.2cm
      head girth- 23cm(9")
      chest girth- 27cm
      waist girth- 20.5cm
      hip girth- 26.5cm
      neck girth- 11.5cm
      Shoulders Width- 11cm
      Arms length- 20cm(11.5)
      waist~knee- 23cm
      waist~the heel- 44cm
      Forearm length- 9.5cm
      Wrist girth- 7cm
      Thigh girth- 15.5cm
      Ankle girth- 8.5cm
      Foot length- 8cm

I've got to admit Largo is super handsome but not at all what I was expecting. Can't wait to see owner pics of him though. Especially comparisons to other boys of this size, Super Gem and SID maybe?

2. It is a diferent size than the Lati Red. It is 66.2 cm where the boys in Lati Red are 63 cm. Lati said that they are only going to do limited of this size. I wanted the Lati Red as a girl.

3. I got sooooooo attracted to him and placed an order for him when the sale started>A<

4. Haha, same here, rhapsodies. It's the fastest I've ever made a decision to just go for it and buy a doll, so now that the detailed body measurements and photos are posted, I'm just sighing with relief that there isn't any previously unseen part of the body design that I don't like. XD;;

Honestly, I was really blindsided by this release. I'd never ordered or owned anything from Latidoll before, and I mostly associated the company name with its smaller-sized lines of dolls. I never even knew there was a Black line in the works to take the place of the Red line. And then BAM! News post announcing Largo's release, and I was head-over-heels as soon as I saw the pictures.

5. So did anyone order the wings with him? That's what I really love about Largo.

Actually, I'm a little disappointed in him. In his original preview art he had 4 wings. But he only has two... dang. :P

He also looks a little more... girly/baby-faced than I expected him to. For once I actually like the more closed-eyed head on a doll (gives him a more serious expression).

Also, did anyone notice that the first ten people to order Largo get a free Mystic head? Anyone qualify for that?

6. @KittyFields: I like the wings in terms of design and color, but didn't order them because I would've preferred a larger wingspan for them (which admittedly would be more difficult to ship and to display, so probably a practical decision on Latidoll's part).

As for the free Mystic head, I ordered pretty quickly (thank goodness for birthday savings), but I don't know if I got in fast enough to be one of the first ten. I sure hope so, since I couldn't decide between which head I liked better, the regular or Mystic sculpt. ... Do you suppose it would be too naggy to email Lati to ask if we made it into the first ten? XD;;

7. His face and the wings are gorgeous, but I'm kind if disappointed that the body is single-jointed, and only has the lower hip-joint.

8. I can see where you're coming from, Kymera. I like the overall appearance of the body, but if it turns out to be too limited in posing ability or not tall enough for my liking, I may attempt a hybrid. Luckily, it would seem that Largo has a pretty good-sized neck circumference at 11.5cm, so he might work well on a taller body.

9. The single hip joint for the torso wasn't a big surprise to me, but the single jointing in the arms and legs felt like a big departure for some reason.

I know its not, strictly speaking. But I felt they did a really good job with the jointing in the Red Line, so it could only get better in a larger size.

10. He's the first SD and the first male doll I've fallen in love with :D
      Very highly considering buying him.

11. His face reminds me a lot of some of Soom's releases, as well as the general idea of only selling the new Black Line as limited 'fantasy' sets. I like him, but some how I feel like the old Red-line faces had more character. It will be intresteting to see more from this line (if they follow through with it - sometimes Lati seems to have big plans that they don't always continue?)

12. Aha ! I thought the same too! XD I thought it was another release of some tinies again.And immediately I went OMG who is this hottie?! I had never expected Lati to release boys of this size XD
      Yet at the same time I was pretty worried about the head size....I've never seen a lati red before but I did hear from some that it has a 60cm tall body but 8inch head >___<
      I only collect 65cm ranged boys so my doll wardrobe has nothing for a smaller head..I did panic awhile for this impulse buy ^^;

Anyway :D did you order both heads?

13. @rhapsodies: Most of my group is in the 65cm or taller category as well, so I hope I will have at least a few things that would fit Largo, haha. I only ordered the absolute basic set with no extra options (the wings and costume are really cool, but I don't think I would be able to find much use for them after admiring them once or twice, haha), so I didn't order the Mystic head either. However, if my order ends up not being among the first 10 to qualify for a free Mystic head, I'm seriously considering modifying my order to include one. I've decided to ask Lati in their Q&A about whether they plan to notify the individuals who made the first 10 orders. I hope they don't think I'm being impatient or overly expectant, or anything like that! I just want to know whether I'll potentially need to add anything to my order or not. XD;

How about you, what did you order with your Largo?

14. Ahh I see O: I ordered everything except the head :3 decided to try my luck to see if i'll be one of the lucky ten ^_^

15. I was kind of disappointed to see single jointing. I so loved the red lines posing and hoped this line would continue that. But he is still tempting :)

16. I'm really interested in this release, but does anyone know what head comes with the blue tribal paint on it? It shows the Mystic head without it, and what looks to be the OE head both with and without it. If someone could help clear this up I would be grateful!

17. The option descriptions don't specify anything, but if I had to guess, I'd say the default faceup options for both heads would probably be without the blue-green markings -- in which case, if you want the markings to be included, it'd probably be a good idea to specify that in a message to Latidoll when you place your order. Alternatively, you could also ask them about this in the Q&A section right now, and see if they respond.

18. Just an update, I asked Latidoll and they responded about the blue tribal markings for those who are curious:

"No, we put that blue marks only for the pictures and real Largo will not have
      those marks."

I don't know if I am happy about this or not. I thought the blue marks were really unique and added to his look, but at the same time I was worried I might get tired of it. Anyways, there you have it ^_^

19. Thanks for sharing this info with us, AmberLeigh. I have a tidbit of info to report back as well, which is that Latidoll responded to my Q&A inquiry by stating that yes, they will be notifying the first ten people who ordered Largo to let them know about their free Mystic head. Lati didn't specify when they would be sending out these notifications, so I guess the only thing we can do in the meantime is sit tight and stay hopeful!

20. No problem, thanks for updating with your info as well meili-melee. I'm pretty sure I'm too late to recieve the free Mystic head, as I just placed my order today. I ordered everything except for the shoes, Ceremonial outfit and body blushing. I can do the blushing myself and don't really have a need for the other clothing items. I'm surprised there isn't more buzz about him on here, he's incredibly gorgeous!