1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Pipos Anthros Minuet and Hopen

May 8, 2012

1. I know there is a thred for the msd humans, but I wanted to start one for the anthros :)

I am just so excited!!!!!!! Wooooo hooo!!!!!!!
      I think I want to try to get a limited, and then in a few months get a blank gift Minuet so I can do a faceup on her myself. I contacted Pipos about layaway on the limiteds and they said it was available and that they corrected the listings and it is available.

Soooooo... Anyone else here in serious trouble with the new releases? :D

...mod note...

Company website: http://piposland.com/index.php

2. If only I didn't have two layaways going at the moment ;-; I want a Minuet with built-in ears, not magnetic... I hope they release another version of her with normal ears!

3. I think I actually preferred the magnetic ears! LOL!!! I love the comparision photo of these compared to the other PIpos sizes in the manuals. Very cool.
      And I have wayyyyyy too many layaways going on right now! LOL

4. I was excited to see they said they would have basic versions of the limiteds, but they are not really the same sculpt with the ears being separate pieces. For me at least, it kinda kills the flow of the face.

Sadly there is no possible way for me to get one of the limiteds, so I will just have to keep hoping that Pipos will release a basic molded ear, jointed torso cat doll in the R.Pi or M.Pi size. :kitty2

5. So does anyone know the difference between basics and gift editions?

6. My guess would be face-up and outfits and such.

Well, at least there will be standard editions in case my Eugenie needs friends!

7. Okay I asked Pipos is they would do a basic edition and this is what they replied.

Hello^-^
      We're sorry but we don't have the releasing date for the basic Minuet yet.
      But I'll talk to manager about your opinion.
      Thank you very much!

regards,
      PIPOSDOLL

So iether they didn;t understand my question at all or they do plan to release a basic version...
      I like her but darn after the soom event and Cons... I'm stretched thin.

8. How exciting - new cats! I'm not sure what I want, though :lol:

Does anyone know where to find full nude body shots? Er... found them! Must have been blind :lol:

9. Hrm... I love the R.Pi line but I'm not too thrilled with these... I don't know, their faces... they seem a little too angular for my tastes. Their eyes are so far apart and their snouts so small and pointy.. with very large foreheads... so they seem weirdly distorted to me.. Yeah not digging them at all. Charlotte has a much more naturally beautiful face, and then Derek's is very nice too... so I'm a bit disappointed here.

Oh well, not like I could buy one even if I loved it x_x I wonder if they are going to make 1/3 anthros..

10. I must admit I am loving Minuet myself, having a hard time not putting her on a lay-way. Personally cant decide between the magnetic ears or not. I love the idea of wearing wigs under the ears, but if I don't want her to have hair then the magnetic ears would be not as nice. I really want to see the magnetic ears one without a wig before I decide. Not a giant fan of the body either but I could live with it >_<

11. ... I really like the LE Hopen, (well, I love his suit and the gloves! :o lol!)~:aheartbea
      Please tell me I wasn't the only one secretly fangirling because he made me think of Baron from the Cat Returns! :D:sweat

You can see a picture of the (wigless) Gift-Edition M.PI's in the Pipos Manuals page.

12. I'm drooling Limited Hopen. He would be pretty much perfect my cat group, but too expensive, so passing. Hopefully there will be basic! I don't like magnetic ears so much, so that's why gift edition is a no.

13. My basic Demon is breathing a sigh of relief that he won't be overshadowed by one of these lolly-legged giants; I was really holding my breath, but expense and aesthetics have made these a No.

I think the LE Minuet is beautiful, with the built-in ears, and I love her faceup. But I'm not thrilled by the gift editions; the wig with ears look is too much like Dearmine or Zuzu Delf. Also agree with E. Hadrian above about proportions. I adore my Demon because he looks spunky and strong. Hopen looks a bit too... wimpy, I guess. Oh, well. More money to spend on fripperies like food and shelter...

14. Hahah, that is exactly the vibe I got from him, too. X3 <3

Fortunately for me, that is basically just how I planned to style my IoS Jack (if I can ever figure out proper clothing for him) so I am safe from another suit-wearing kitty.

I really do love R.Minuet, but I already had myself convinced I couldn't get her when the page said payment was due within 3 days, which I knew I couldn't do. Seeing that they are offering layaway nearly broke me. If I hadn't been in such a hurry to get to work, I think I'd have ordered her yesterday morning. :sweat Luckily, I had time to think it over while I was at work and realize that it would be a very bad idea, financially, and I would have to do a lot of work to fit her into my crew. I think I'm just going to wait and hope for lots of owner pictures. (And hope that she sells out really soon, so I can stop feeling the temptation.)

15. I think I will sit out this edition until owner pictures show up. I am somewhat in agreement with E.Hadrian's assessment of proportions - they seem a bit off, but it could just be the pictures. Paloma (Dear Mine Priscilla) is pretty upset with me, though, because she really wanted a kitty friend her own size! She's tired of hanging out with little ones :lol:.

I actually like the magnetic ears a lot. Before I got my very first Dear Mine kitty, I was a bit iffy on them. But, I love the versatility and the numerous wig options that they allow for.

16. I couldn't resist. I decided on the gift edition Minuet because I wanted to use a wig, and liked the face without the extra markings. I have the limited O.Charlotte and Derek in armor, and find them beautiful-- too pretty to take apart and play with. This one, I think I can play with! I was sold on her because of her picture in the compare doll size picture in the manual. I liked her with and without ears, and want to do both kinds of styling. I have been toying with the idea of a larger girl to sew for...can do more elaborate things than for the yo sized. Of course, the real issue is going to be what she actually looks like in person.

17. Anyone know how tall this one is? She definitely looks bigger than Charlotte!

18. They have the measurements for Minuet (44.5cm) and Hopen (45cm) in the Pipos manual area, along with a picture of some of the dolls together. They are indeed quite a bit bigger than the previous R.Pi releases.

19. WHOA!!!!! That's an awesome comparison picture!! Thanks a bunch Malaryush!
      Boy am I behind! I'm still wishing for a Charlotte. :(

I guess that's why they did magnetic ears - so that people have the option of a wig.

20. Yeah, I was really impressed by that image. X3 Even knowing the difference in measurements, I wasn't quite prepared for such a dramatic difference in size! Just looking at the pictures of Minuet, it still seems odd to think of how big she really is.