In cases where there is documented legal action or a police report filed against a scammer, the Moderators are able to provide more thorough information to protect our members. Please see the following links for information on known scammers:
- Anatom_dukke: Multiple methods of scamming. There has been a police report filed against him in Denmark. Please see the link above for more information and aliases.
- The Edmonton Scammer: This individual has changed names repeatedly and usually offers deals that are "too good to be true" (i.e. trading two dolls for one, selling at a deep discount). She also will often create another account to praise the selling account to build trust. Please click the link above for more information, including her physical address and some of her many names. There have been many police reports filed against her for fraud and theft, and not all from the BJD community.
- Kenishi/ttan12/kenneth snyder/1hotsteelersfan/queenjuda. Another seller that offers deals that are too good to be true and trades that are too convenient to be real. Primarily operates through eBay. The above link has information from his original scamming, this link gives more information about a trade scam.
- Celyne22: A french scammer who privately contacted members about "WTB" threads posted in the Marketplace. She used pictures that of dolls that belonged to other owners to make buyers believe that she owned the doll, then disappeared with their money. She also used a "stolen" credit card to buy items from several major retailers (Dollfair, Bluefairy, etc.). These companies had chargebacks and no way to recover their merchandise. She also sold many of these stolen dolls to the french doll community. A foreign police report has been filed against her with the help of our french-members.
- Vanillashine: Vanillashine was originally a very well-respected commission artist. However, she vanished in the midst of working on several commissions with several thousand dollars worth of heads. Through the work of our forum members, all property was returned. None of the people who had commissioned her were refunded their payment for uncompleted faceups ($50 per head). There is a small claims case against her.
- X_Kazakai_X/cyb3rn3t!c-l0ll!p0p: X_Kazakai_X was a community member who offered commissionable faceup services. She did have some successful transactions, but many of her later transactions involved sending items back to their owners damaged or dirty, or in some cases not at all. There have been charges pressed against X_Kazakai_X as of autumn 2007. There are numerous threads about transactions with her. Please see the Problem Transactions Index for more information.