1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollmore Banji What Clothes, Wigs and eyes fit?

Jan 26, 2006

1. Thought I'd start a Banji clothes thread.

If you have found clothes, shoes, eyes, or wigs that fit Banji or if some styles fit Banji, please post descriptions of the items here.

Hopefully together we can find some nice outfits for her.

Carolyn

...mod note...

This is a thread for Dollmore Banji. What clothes, wigs and eyes fit.

...Mod Notes....

Banji Databases: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...more-Elf-Elly-Banji)&highlight=banji+database

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?97729-All-Elf-Ellys-Welcome!-Dollmore-Elf-Elly-Database&highlight=banji+database

Clothes, Eyes Wigs that fit Banji:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?44084-Dollmore-Banji-What-Clothes-Wigs-and-eyes-fit

Dollmore Banji Discussion part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...anji-discussion-(all-Elf-Elly-boys-and-girls)

Dollmore Banji Discussion part 2:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...e-Banji-Discussion-pt-2&p=8089605#post8089605

2. Yeah, I really want to know if they'll fit~! :D And to add to this thread:

Kelly Clothes dresses fit, but make sure they are ankle length on Kelly, if they are knee length, you will see everything XD I also have a bathingsuit that fits PERFECT so CUTE~!

Knockoff Kelly dresses (in a red box w/ two dolls in it for $3cdn at WalMart) are a bit loose, I have a shirt/skirt combo that fits better. But they come with UNDERWEAR (crappy kind w/ no edging) but they fit :3

Monchichi keychain hoodie from Claire's fits sortof.... too short/too wide/arms too short but uber cute. Expensive ($9 cdn, around $7.50 or so USD, maybe more) but I like the keychain, so no loss :3

Mini Barbie (official) princess dresses fit really well!..... except the arms >_< Her hands are too big, but I cut the sleeves off and still looks cute~! Package comes with a perfectly fit chair too. I hope to sell the Mini Barbie on eBay to recoup some losses. I think it cost..... $15cdn? So around $12 USD. Came with the outfit, chair, kitten and two hairbrushes.

Strawberry Shortcake winter outfit fits really good! Pants are snowpants that are impossible to get on. Maybe other pants will fit better (these were like, plastic). Hat is huge, but the shirts/jackets fit really well! Mittens way too small. Shoes too small but Boots fit great~! The shoes would fit, but the opening is too small. Haven't tried socks yet. Cost $3cdn for a jacket, sweater, tshirt, pants, gloves, socks, shoes, boots hangers and hat. And some cute cutout snowmen!!!

Well that's all I've tried so far, I'll be taking pictures of everything so everyone can see what I'm talking about. :3 I hope that helps~

3. I don't think there is any way she will fit into Kelly shoes. Her feet seem wider and longer than Elfdoll's. But with some used Kelly shoes I bought there was a pair of open toe mules (i.e. just one wide strip over middle of foot) and they seem to fit great. Unfortunately I do not know if they were for Kelly or another doll.

It is possible that sandals could be made for her using the bottoms of Kelly or Tommy shoes by cutting away the rest of the shoe and gluing an insole over the edges of a ribbon or ultrasude loop, etc.

I bought a couple of little 3" wigs on Ebay that I will try on her but I doubt if anything could fit as well as the wig she came with - they did a great job with those.

Let us know about eyes that work well also!

Carolyn

4. Yeah, I plan on buying those 3" wigs too, just waiting for some other items :3

5. I've been doing some research on the 'Net, and it appears that some patterns for the antique bisque doll "Mignonette" will fit Banjis - the doll ranged from 4.5 to 6.5" and there's currently clothes and pattern kits on eBay to fit a 5.5-6" Mignonette, including a sailor suit for a boy doll :-) I also found a few pattern books for Mignonette by Googling. So there should be mohair wigs etc. available that fit

And I worked out that Banji is about 1:8 scale, for furniture and accessories (not that I'm smitten or anything *g*)

6. I think Banji would also fit fine in some 1:12 and any 1:10 unless you think of her as being a child. I am using 1:12 with my Elfdolls.

I think in a 1:8 world she seem more child-sized because typical 1/8 dolls are the 8-inch Madame Alexanders, Ginnies, etc. and she is 3/4 that size.

Re 1:10, apparently Plan and Ryan's room are 1:10 (i.e. slightly larger than regular 1:12 dollhouse size).

I will have to test her in some of the 1:12 stuff I have.

BTW - old German dollhouse furniture is typically around 1:10 and I used to use it with 5 to 6 inch little antique dolls.

Carolyn

7. The promised pictures~! XD

Official Kelly dress, knee length on Kelly, you can see it's too short, she would need some undies XD
      [​IMG]

Strawberry Shortcake shirt, fake Kelly skirt.
      [​IMG]

Strawberry Shortcake sweater.
      [​IMG]

Strawberry Shortcake jacket. Reminds me of Apple Avenue style :3
      [​IMG]

SS Boots~!
      [​IMG]

To show scale.
      [​IMG]

SS socks. The one on the left has the seam on the bottom and the one on the right has the seam to the side.
      [​IMG]

Monchichi! I had these dolls as a kid :3
      [​IMG]

Stolen hoodie :3
      [​IMG]

With hood up. Baldie!
      [​IMG]

More pics in next post XD

8. Fake Kelly undies. Cute~! :3
      [​IMG]

Fake Kelly dress. Too big T_T Might fit a PF, just needs a slightly wider body. The length is good, ankle length on Kelly.
      [​IMG]

Official Kelly bathingsuit! My fav. SO CUTE~! XD Fits perfect, no bum crack in the back XD
      [​IMG]

And presenting~ the Princess Kismet! In official Mini Barbie gown with the arms cut off XD
      [​IMG]

Sitting on her throne (came with outfit)
      [​IMG]

That's all! I hope that helps some people :3

9. Bratz's (the normal sized ones) shirts fit quite well, just a tiiiny bit loose. I got a cute long shirt that works as a little dress for Karma. I'll post some pics later. :)

10. Banji fits fine in modern Fisher Price and Fisher Price Loving Family dollhouse chairs and couch. However older Fisher Price pieces may be a slightly smaller scale, and most Fisher Price dollhouse beds are probably too short. Also be sure not to get anything meant for Little People (they are much smaller) and Tiny Tikes things can be to small.

I also tried Banji in a full length 1/12 regular wood dollhouse bed and she fit fine. By full length I mean the bed is about 7 inches long and the mattress is at least 6 1/2 inches long.

Thanks for letting us know about the Barbie Mini Princess dresses. One of the sets, Clara, comes with three sleeveless long dresses. It is sold on Walmart's website - maybe the stores too.

Carolyn

BTW - If anyone with Banji has any of the following shoes, could you try some on your Banji?

Tiny Betsy, Blyth, AG Minis, Licca

Edit - I decided to order some Tiny Betsy repro shoes and some tiny cloth shoes, and some socks, at http://www.adollysworld.com - just to see if they fit.

11. I tried a couple of Antina's (Talina's) 3" mini wigs on Banji - they swim on her, and are even big on Elfdoll.

Carolyn

12. Would the Elfdoll wigs fit on her?

13. Today I bought every single one of those Mini Barbie Kingdom dresses XD They were on sale for $10/$11 CDN (Toysrus and WalMart) They fit great, only two outfits needed the sleeves cut off for her hands to go through, (Anneliese and Erika) and the white dress with Clara might need some loosening on the sleeves, but I didn't get that far/got lazy XD They're really fab outfits, and I plan to sell the dolls/case on eBay. Thank you 10cent listing day tomorrow! XD

14. I will have to hit Toys'R'Us and check out the couple of Mini Barbie Princess dresses I didn't already buy.

I already ordered the Clara Tiara case, Rapunzel, and Erika. Banji is certainly going to be better dressed than me.

I will have to fool some more with the cloth-cap Elfdoll wigs. I am thinking maybe just a small piece of thin foam or no-slip under-rug stuff between the back of Banji's head and the wig might be enough to keep it on. I need to try some other styles on Banji because Adel will never forgive me if I let Banji have the blond bob.

I bought a couple of Bratz tops on Ebay - in the Dolls section there are sellers who have split up the outfits and sell the individual pieces. There are a lot of tops. Search the Dolls category store stuff for:
      bratz (top,shirt,blouse)

BTW - for anyone who has both - how big around is Blythe's chest compared to regular size Bratz girls? Any chance Blythe tops will fit Banji?

Carolyn

15. Here is a picture of a repro Tiny Betsy shoe on Banji. The extra dark under the shoe is shadow.

[​IMG]

The shoes fit pretty well - maybe a little bit long.

I got my Tiny Betsy shoes at www.adollysworld.com but they only have black and white. The other shoes I got there were little cloth slipons and they are loose but may be fixable with some stitching in the back.

The least expensive place I have found for what seem to be the Tiny Betsy repro shoes is www.dolluniverse.com and they have white, black, red, and pink. They call them Betsy McCall shoes under the Tonner section. They also carry a couple of Tiny Betsy socks. However, they have a $25 minimum order.

You can also pick up pairs on Ebay.

Carolyn

16. There's also shoes, socks, and other accessories that fit Tiny Betsy available from A Dolly's World, but they have a USD$10 minimum. However they do ship worldwide.

Liz

17. I found a bunch of those Madam Alexander McDonald's toys and the dresses fit great! The only thing is they are sewn on so you have to snip the stiches in back to get the dresses off, but you could just add velcro or snaps and it would be fine!! :)

18. My Banji's been spending more of my money. Besides getting all of the Mini Barbie Princess dresses, I picked up a couple of small lots of those McDonald's 5" Madame Alexander dolls. And I got a 4-pack of those Tiny Betsy shoes.

I also found a repro of a Barbie Tutti pattern on Ebay. I am thinking 6" Tutti might be close enough in size and shape (slim and flat-chested) for the patterns to fit Banji.

Carolyn