1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Cerberus Project Sebastion from Black Butler- Only in Japan!

Apr 15, 2011

1. do you have pictures????
      edit: oh nevermind I found him! :)

2. he looks very cool, if they had a Ciel one I would be tempted lol :D

3. Well, Ringdoll got flack because the doll wasn't licensed. This guy is, and I imagine they aren't releasing him in the US due to the series being licensed here in both anime and manga form by two different companies I think. Isn't the manga being released by Yen Press and the anime by Funi?

I almost would love to try and get one just because I think he's so well done, but I don't actually like Sebastian much as a character. Now, Grell or Lau would make me all <3 must have!

4. I wish I could better see what his body was like. His expression is super awesome!!! Although the point of this doll is the franchise, I kind of want to see one customised.

As for Ceil... if this one sells well, I can't imagine CP not doing any more.

Well, this sort of cements CP as 2nd behind Volks in big doll companies...

5. Hm, he scares me a bit, I think he's quite ugly (is it ok to say that?) he reminds me a bit of a 'deformed' El. I think the IOS Sebastian inspired doll was a more attractive '3D' representation of the character. I wonder what body he's on. Delf?

I imagine with a nicer, lusher, faceup I would like him better. Is it just me or are his eyes painted on?

6. I agree that IOS did a better job. This guy's thin lips creep me out. Sebastian had some nice full lips on him.

7. My son said is he One hell of a doll.
      He has the anime and likes fairyland dolls i wonder are they making grell as well?
      alot of things don't come to the usa just like games when licencing is involved my son has the shonen jump ds games imports.
      as so many of the characters are under different companies here it would make the game hundreds of dollars after they paid everyone where as over seas it's 1 license.

lovely clothes great show too, but for the cost i almost think minimee on my choice of body might be a better choice but great outfit and extras tempting though.

8. This is a cool idea and all, but I agree with the IoS sculpt. :)

And also I think it would be more fun to customize an existing doll in a character! LOL

9. He looks a lot like all of the Sebastian figures in existence, which makes sense since CP also are figure sculptors. I had never looked at the IoS one, but looking now, I prefer the CP one. IoS's style does nothing for me.

The fullset is actually cheaper than the recently released Feeple65 fullsets. I'm assuming he's on the Feeple65 male body since they seem to be moving away from the Feeple 70 line.

10. I'm afraid to say I agree with you >.< I am so used to FL releasing these gorgeous, beautifully painted artistic dolls that blow the top of my head off that seeing this boy leaves me really underwhelmed.

There's something about the sculpt of the head that just seems 'off' (though that could just be because of the face-up) and the face-up just seems really amateurish. The outfit is gorgeous but the jacket looks like it's been made out of really cheap, shiny material =/ I'm so disappointed, I was really excited to hear they were releasing Sebastian (who is one of my fave Kuro characters), especially when Grell would probably have been a more popular choice even though they were only releasing him in Japan >.< I hooooope that someone buys him and gives him a nicer face-up, and a wig that doesn't look like Lego hair X3

...I'm loving the little teefs though /suckerforteefs X3

He'll probably grow on me though, that's what happens to me a lot. I go "URGH" as a knee-jerk reaction and then over time go "aww actually not so bad" through to "pretty cute" and "OMGDOWANT" :lol:

So if I come back tomorrow with the opposite view don't be surprised anyone :lol:

I hope they release lots more Kuroshituji characters though, if they release William I do believe I will be begging my friend who lives in Japan to facilitate my getting him :XD: Even better still, if they release characters from the manga.... I will die of happiness :D

11. I really like his anime-ish look actually, it reminds me of anime Minimees I've seen. I'm suprised Fairyland made something like this since it's not their usual look. I do hope they will do more though! It'd be nice to have official anime dolls other than Volks' and their DD's come out, since those are all girls. I want more boys!

What other animes do you think they could do? Fantasy ones would be good. Ones with elf characters, or cat girls...

12. Mmmm, he's very well done but I think I prefer either the IoS Sebastian or the Volks F-38 Sebastian someone here on DoA has. CP's Sebastian looks too young to me.

13. Also, I think his makeup is simple because he's an anime character. It wouldn't look as...accurate if he had a complex face-up.

14. As a personal opinion, I agree with those who think IOS's interpretation of a 3D Sebastion was better - but mostly because of the proportion and form of the head. :sweat

Though I'm not a Kuroshitsuji fan, I know Sebastian and his character, and I think the face CP sculpted him is waay too childish, round and 'doll like' for his character. As well as the 60cm height... (Well, for my taste, anyway! :lol: )
      If I imagine Sebastian as a doll, I see him with a longer and more manly face... something like the IOS molds, indeed ( and around 65-70cm) 60cm is a 'boy's not a 'man's height for me among BJD's.

For example, I just recently saw this quiet lovely Sebastian remake ( http://zetahadrian.deviantart.com/art/Ciel-and-Sebastian-a-202673231?q=favby:shotadoll/5303772&qo=2 ) , and think it looks more in character for that man. :lol:

15. I like anime style face-ups, I actually own a Dollfie Dream X3 I just don't think this one has been particularly well done compared to the accuracy and precision of FL's usual presentations. Sebastian is a very handsome, elegant character and I just don't feel that's been portrayed here very well :sweat But that's just my opinion, and in any case it's good that I don't like him, means less competition for the people who do ;) :aheartbea

16. Very interesting to se an official/licenced doll by a company other than volks. I don't feel I can really comment on the looks though.

17. first I thought it was a modded El then looked at the lips and thought otherwise. I don't think the eyes are painted on as someone commented earlier. I agree with the make-up being somewhat basic but then it's anime style so makes sense.

I actually kinda like how he looks. My only problem being they should have made his eyebrows... different. Or something cause I kinda like seeing Sebastian more smirky than whatever expression this one is supposed to have. The lips could also be more smirky and full but that's just my taste.

Pretty doll. Too bad ABJD isn't really all that popular here so I doubt Funi or Yen Press will understand the merit of selling this Sebastian here in the US.

18. Just joining in the conversation of "he looks like...": I think he looks like the lovechild of Shiwoo and Angel Region Kai.

19. I like most of what I see except for the actual head mold. I don't think it looks anything like him and the face up is weird.

I also would love to see a Grell and Lau. Undertaker would be great too. Er, and Joker and Snake. I have lots of faves in that series >.> :aheartbea