1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Sseiren dolls

Mar 28, 2011

1. http://sseiren.com/shop/step_submain.php?b_code=B20100824015236

I thought i'd start a chat thread for Seeiren Rake boys. There's two so far 'Dean' and 'Van'. Dean has just come out and there's 10% off on him right now and free shipping.

Van seems to be avliable in tan for an extra $58, but for some reason the option dosen't seem avliable for Dean.

What do people think of them?

I REALLY like Dean, especially in some of the photos on the wig sales page, I love open mouth dolls and his eye shape is also really unusual. I like the body as well, the stomach in paticular is really cute, but Deans head looks a little big for the body some how? Van I'm not as fond of, but I think he would look better without the company faceup.

2. Wow. I really like the realism in their faces! I also like that they seem distinctly Asian in appearance, almost like minimees of J-Rockers. I see what you're saying about Dean's head looking a bit large. Hmmm, if I look at Van's picture where he's facing forward and compare it to the pic of Dean in a similar pose, the head doesn't seem that much bigger. It must be an optical illusion since the company says the heads are both 23.5cm around.

They look pretty cool, though. O_O I'd be tempted to snag one if I hadn't promised myself my next doll would be a girl.

3. I just discovered this company and their dolls are SO cute! I absolutely adore Dean!

4. I can't believe they aren't more popular! I agree they look somewhat like the less realistic Minimees.

I think Scar and Dean are my favorites. It's hard to choose between them, but I still prefer Dean.

I mean, look at Dean in all those wigs! He looks gorgeous from every angle, and rocks every wig, but my favorite is http://sseiren.com/shop/step1.php?number=141 in pink! :D

5. Yes I love Dean, he really does look like a handsome Jrocker. I plan to get Dean's head as soon as can, I'm just too poor. I do think they're heads are too big for the body though, with all of them, not just Dean (or maybe it's my personal taste) - or the necks are too thin at least. So my Dean would be going on a different body (eventually)

6. I like Scar. Not too much of a fan but they have great wigs. Thanks for the link :)

7. I agree. But I do hate the thought of hybridizing. It's so hard to find resin matches sometimes. I ask for resin comparisons in the picture request forum (of other dolls and things), but I rarely get an answer back.

I wonder which companies he would match. I agree that Dean would make a gorgeous Jrocker. I'm tempted to get him for just that purpose.

8. Is this topic for their big girl Gemma too..? I couldn't find any other topic for Sseiren in the Large Dolls section..!
      I sent them an email because I love her body, but it's sold out, and this was their reply:

9. I can't seem to find any up to date info on ordering from Sseiren and the tiny discussion disappeared, has anyone successfully made an account on the new site? Or know if there's any current dealers?
      It won't let me manually put in my address in account creation even though there's an overseas option. Even without creating an account I can't put items in the overseas cart either. It's all so confusing.

10. You might try e-mailing Sseiren (there's a gmail address at the bottom of the site's front page). You could write your message in English and use an online translator to send it in Korean. Or you could ask someone who speaks/writes Korean to send an e-mail or post a message for you on the Q&A board, to find out whether Sseiren is doing any international sales at this point.

If you don't know any Korean speakers but live near a university, the campus office that serves international students/study abroad might be able to connect you with a Korean student who would trade English-conversation practice for some Korean communication help. (I made one of my best friends ever by trading English conversation for some e-mails in Japanese!)

11. I finally located the international site and ordered. I either couldn't find it before or it was down.