1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Bimong Shahti 16-inch mini discussion

Feb 28, 2011

1. This is a discussion for the Version 1 and 2 of Bimong's Shahti doll.

Shahti is 16 inch
      head size 5 inch
      eye size 6mm

Update 8/02/2016 Shahti version 1 and 2 are now on topic for DoA.

#1 ginarolo, Feb 28, 2011
      Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    2. My Shahti - just after arrival!

[​IMG]

3. I love my SHAHTI from Bimong! She is truly 16 inch fashion doll size and scale! Wears many 16 inch fashion doll clothes, shoes, size 5 wigs and 6mm eyes. I bought her directly through Bimong's website. She is the Korean urethane color, it is light and neutral and maybe towards yellow rather than pink and is what I expected. Makes her easy to change all wig, eye and clothing colors. Here she is seated on the right next to a 16 inch vinyl fashion doll by Tonner. I find it helps to have a pic showing body and scale when you are wondering about a doll. As for posing she has the same jointing as NARAE which has it's posing limits, but she is lovely and I am very pleased w/her! ;)
      [​IMG]

4. She's wearing a wig from Fashion Royalty... Didn't like to stock wig... :)

5. Thank you for those pictures, your Shahti's are all gorgeous. Darn, now I want one again!

I have a question: does one of you maybe have a Narae and a Shahti? I would love to see a side by side comparison of both complete dolls. I have seen the Shahti and Narae head next to eachother on Bimong's Flickr, but never the full dolls. I wonder how they would look.

6. Hi here's more pictures of her~~

[​IMG]

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5182/5650065197_147b7a11e1_z.jpg

7. [​IMG]

May I ask who owns one of those gorgeous girls too? :3 I would like to share
      tips about clothing and shoes!

8. I was just wondering how is the posing on these girls?

9. I got a new dress for my girl and wanted to share it. It's from Ebay and fit perfectly!

[​IMG]

10. ooo I love this smaller size-

say, has anyone bought from this Jigamaree website before? I know finding a Narae can be a nightmare. I don't want to get my hopes too high!

edit- are these dolls the light weight french resin, or the heavier resin? Was that coco doll the only darker skinned one? Are the new basic ones the lighter shade?

11. Just on the Jigamaree website and noticed they have "Shahti New Make up 'Fascinating Black' Basic Dressed Doll" for sale. Looks like she's been up for a while, since July this year.
      Wondering about the quality of doll thru them. Going to 2nd bluehaiku question on this doll about anyone purchasing thru the Jigamaree site?? Anyone??

12. Jigamaree has an ebay store. If you worry, you can buy from it instead. Just search for id "shin-mang". I've bought tonner clothes from them before. They're fast and reliable.

13. thanks!
      Yes I still see her on ebay.... I think I would totally get one but not sure how to explain that bust to my husband :?

14. Hello everyone, I am very curious as to why Shahti is on-topic on DoA. I think she is a beautiful doll and I am interested in her myself, but everything about her points to "fashion doll" to me. I'm especially curious why this doll is on topic, but the 16" Dollmore dolls such as Misia and Sara are not:(

15. I'm sure a mod could explain this for you... I wouldn't have a clue.

16. I would like that. I had just assumed Shahti was off-topic here until I saw this thread. I've been comparing the two and the only thing I can think of is that the Dollmore dolls are specifically labeled as "fashion dolls" on their website, but this seems like an unfair distinction. Both are resin, both are strung, both have headcaps and removable eyes. Fashion dolls tend to have a more exaggerated hourglass shape - in this case, Shahti's is even more dramatic than the Dollmore body. Personally I would love to see both dolls on-topic!

17. Could the Shahti head be hybridised with a mature tiny body? Do I need the neck width for that? Any suggestions which mature tiny body would work? And which skin tone for the Shahti second version?