Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Dollstown 18 year boys and girls

Thank you Jane. She is very easy to play with, i didn't find her heavy at all. I didn't pay attention to her joints because I was too excited to paint her and dress her up. I will examine her joints and posing later today, and then post new pics. But so far, i really like this body and Rian's mould.

Thank you so much suok for the reply.......is she your first really tall BJD?

And so she is not so heavy in hand....that is interesting. But I do seem to remember that the only time I held a DT15 female body it seemed lighter than my DT13 one!
    Have fun!

Here is the link to the 18 y.old body posing abilities. I hope it will help you.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/sh...18-y-old-body)
    Last edited by suok2011; 06-24-2012 at 07:37 AM.

I'm happily joining the club with my first Dollstown doll, 18 y.o. Ryan. The sculpture is so striking, that I keep postponing blushing it. It's simply a work of art. I can't get enough of her.

More technical shots here.

i love it <3 i want one soo bad but the only boy left is the tall 70cm muscelman >_<
    c'mon dollstown make new boys~!

She is gorgeous and you have posed her so beautifully! I am still waiting for my boy and will make my second, hopefully last, layaway payment this month. I hope it doesn't take him too long to come home
    Home: Charlie-AKA Chaosta (MNF Marcia)+ Damane (F60 Luka)

Cool

More of my new girl: teenage Anna, a girl with New York attitude.

Katyok: Your Anna is lovely! She is very New York
    |FLICKR| (FA Dollstown Estella 18yrs Fresh skin 2012)

She is gorgeous! I love her outfit and style It looks like I'm going to be able to pay off my boy tomorrow and just can't wait until he gets here!!!!

I must report that, as much as I adore this 18 y.o. body, finding clothes for it is going to be a major challenge. As for pants, only the Hound size fits, and only the looser kind. The tops are easier to fit, but the outer jacket she's wearing in the picture is for a Mecha Angel, and it just barely fits. The footwear situation is much worse. Her feet are HUGE. Even regular Hound size shoes are mostly too small and/or narrow for her, even sneakers. Currently, she is wearing Soom MA sneakers, those were the only ones that fit with a sock.
    Last edited by Katyok; 07-13-2012 at 03:07 PM.

May I ask what her foot measures? I'm wondering if the largest shoes from Dollmore would fit? Such as these http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=10078 or these? http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=6458

Quote Originally Posted by Katyok View Post
    I must report that, as much as I adore this 18 y.o. body, finding clothes for it is going to be a major challenge.
    Thank you so much for the honest feedback
    I think I might have to rethink getting this size doll......if I can't buy clothes and shoes for her-she won't work for me
    Have fun!

Sorry to disappoint you, but NONE of the Dollmore Female Model shoes or boots will fit. It's ironic, because they DO fit my Mecha Angel female high-heel feet. Some Dollmore Male Model footwear might fit though.

I am planning to do a review of footwear that fits, so stay tuned, folks.

UPD: OK, so I took my Anna and began trying shoes, only to get very upset very quickly. So, instead I decided to try feet. Here are the results of my investigation.

First, the actual measurements of the Dollstown Female 18 y.o. feet.

Dollstown Female 18 y.o. feet vs Dollshe Hound (old style).

Dollstown Female 18 y.o. feet vs Soom Mecha Angel male (the SuperGem male is the same, as are MA female)

Dollstown Female 18 y.o. feet vs Dollmore Female Model high heel

Dollstown Female 18 y.o. feet vs an average male SD (specifically, ArialDoll 60cm male)

After some contemplation, I realized that for my particular character resin matching of the feet part is far less important than the ability to find proper footwear, so I decided to simply replace the native jointed feet with some other feet. I had two extra pairs, a Soom male MA and a Dollmore Female Model high heel. To try them, I had to unstring the Dollstown doll, because it doesn't have hooks in the ankles.

This is how the unstrung parts look. The knots, thankfully, are located in the shins.

So, I tried both sets of feet. This is Dollmore vs Soom MA feet attached to the Dollstown ankle. Never mind resin color mismatch, which is minimal anyway.

I decided to go with the Soom MA feet, because they seem more fitting my tomboyish character rather than dainty Dollmore feet, which allow for more versatility. She stands like a rock, and now can wear all the regular sneakers and shoes. So, bye-bye, beautiful Dollstown jointed feet, you're more hassle than you're worth.

Hope this was helpful!
    Last edited by Katyok; 07-17-2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: UPD with new info

Thanks for that comparison Katyok. It's to bad the feet weren't designed to be able to fit other shoes better. Especially since Dollstown doesn't make their own clothes.
    Finally got here, Dollshe Rosen!

Oh well! Thank you so much for the detailed pictures! I know that Dollmore feet tend to be large but it was just a shot in the dark. I'm actually getting the boy body so I'll have my own issues to deal with lol.

I'm extremely excited to say that I finished paying him off!!!! Now I just need to wait for the shipping notice and shipping. I was told that he arrived at Dollstown so the shipping should be within a week which is way faster than I could have hoped Now I'm just trying to get stuff ready for his arrival. I'll be posting comparison pictures of my three 70cm+ boys when he arrives in case anyone is interested.

I will shamelessly spam with my Anna, I'm so in love with her.

A whole lot more HERE.

My boy is home!!!! I am going to immediately send his face out to get done but I did take some comparison pictures with my other big boys and added them to this post if anyone is curious how he measures up to an ID or RD Grown

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/sh...heads-(nudity)

Congrats, SoraSoul! My girl body got here yesterday, too ^-^ I tried to do some poses off of the fairyland site, but only got through 3 before my arms got tired. She's not as heavy as I thought, but very very BIG.

Thanks Crimsonbrush and congratulations to you too!! I agree that he isn't as heavy as I was expecting and he is an incredible poser. I love the idea of using the fairyland site pictures as reference! I do need some practice posing him. He poses much more realistically than my other big boys but is harder to stand than my ID who has the most amazing balance. I guess I'm a bit spoilt and like I said just need practice

I got this blurry photo today while I was posing him and trying on different wigs. I certainly need to do some sewing!

I have a Phonolus head on my 18 year old body for now...
    The outfit is a Soom MegaGem and it fits everywhere except in the length of the pants.
    Accomplices of Scriptorium Mersey:
    Waiting for; Leonard and ? . LJ account Flickr