1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Fake dolls on DoA? What should you do if you know? >.>

Jan 25, 2011

1. Recently, I found out that a member of DoA has fake doll, a recast from China. She's not ashamed about it, not at all. After posting "somewhere else publicly" that her doll is a recast from China, she even posted the doll here on DoA.

I want to know what your opinions are about this matter? I have reported the said doll and member, but I just want to know others' opinions...

What if you personally know someone like that, who owns a fake doll? Would you report her? Would you scream to everyone about her fake doll? >.> Especially when she starts to offer recasts to people outside of DoA, who don't have the budget to buy original BJDs?

2. I'm confused, the owner HAS a recast, or they DO the recasting? How are they offering other people recasts?

Really, you've done all you can do by reporting them and if they want to be tacky enough to continue to buy knock offs, that's their business. SELLING knock offs is a whole other ball game tho.

3. Okay, this is serious... first She's a member in this forum, and she know that this forum is not accept the fake dolls (which we always totally reject it) She have had to know the regulation in this forum and yet still buy it?

Shame on her.... I pity her... really... anyway reporting is a good thing ^^ I know that I would report this to the mod if I found her too ^^b no worries...

Anyway, If she do really have the opportunities to sell bootlegs or I should say RECASTING I think her moral must be really low and she can get a crime (perhaps) for selling fake...
      and I will tell everyone if I find her... >XD *evil smirks*

4. The owner buys recasts from China and then she offers people (non BJD owners) to buy the same "things". She shows them where to buy the recasts, even acts as an agent to help them buy... >.> She doesn't sell them, but act as an agent and an informant. Some cosplayers want to have BJDs but they can't afford or don't know how to buy original BJDs. So she offers them the alternatives... (_ _)

5. If she's posting pictures or selling them, report her. If she isn't.. Who cares? >_>

6. She posted photos of her doll(s) here. ^^

7. Acting as an agent is as tacky as buying them for herself, but since she's not the one casting them, there's very little you can do beyond what you already have done. Let the mods deal with it but this community is very handy with pitchforks and witch hunts, I'd leave the name off any public posts.

8. Best you can do is inform her of the dangers some recasts carry. They're banned on DOA but not in other places, so just make sure that other websites she's using are aware.

9. DoA has rules concerning recasts and does not allow recasts on the forum.

Outside DoA you can't avoid recasts circulating. All you can do is educate people about recasts like Frozen Water suggested.

10. She should never be posting pictures here on doa and that is fully known so that i feel is flaunting the doll here. you have done your best reporting her, the mods are good and will look into this.
      i do not agree with recasts as im sure all of us here agree that they are not supported but they do happen and people do get caught out buying them unaware - as i did when i was really new to the hobby i purchased an unknown second hand bjd doll in an auction which later on i found out is a recast - she was pretty, i was new and wanted a bjd so this happens. i still own her but i do not show photos of her here or anywhere else and i do not promote this at any given stage. its such a shame people have to do this but its the newbies and not knowing that get caught out.

11. If it was someone who didn't know that they had a fake doll, I would say you should talk to them privately and not bring attention to it.

But someone who knows they have brought a fake, is flaunting the fact that they did, and is actively encouraging others to buy fake dolls as well? I'd have no problem reporting them. They are encouraging piracy and potentially dangerous products.

12. not just posting the fake doll of him here, she even do some business at here, using her fake dolls. even if that business is healthy, BUT if the dolls that used is FAKE, that business became dirty, right ?
      and THAT what she do at here !

and I want to ask to you all. If there's a owner, who owned the real doll, but Support the owner who have the fake one, and even WANT to buy the fake one too, what should we do ?
      What's things that we should to for owner like this ??

13. Yeah, there are members here who supports her and her fake doll and even want to buy fakes for themselves. I saw them talking about it online... O.o It shouldn't happen, right? She knows fully well about the rules on DoA and yet she doesn't even care.

14. Well, they can go make their own community then, and we can tell people to stay away from them. It's one thing to own some off-topic dolls; it's another thing entirely to own illegal re-casts of dolls. I have no problem kicking up a fuss in this sort of situation.

15. I even saw one of her friends said that "Korean companies dolls are bad" - she just received one defected doll from DIM - then said "...at this rate, I'd rather buy a fake one!" (_ _) I screencapped the entire conversation just in case anyone or the mods want to see...

16. If I find out someone that owns a bootleg doll and posts on DOA I would report her. It's hard to proof with just a photo sometimes even though you know 100% for sure it is not an authentic doll. I also hold no respect for such people.

When someone is selling items using bootleg doll as model, I also view the sales as dirty and reports them. I have reported a few here on DOA already (it upsets me to see people hold group orders for such store and business here on DOA) and nothing is done. But I don't blame the mods, it's hard to prove it sometimes and I have no way of proving it even though from the photo I can tell it is not an authentic doll. Benefit of a doubt is keeping those people from being kick off from DOA.

P:S: I've been seeing some suspicious dolls being posted here on DOA for awhile now. I am now a believer that for people who love their bootlegs will keep buying them. They can all rot and die. But for someone who doesn't know that they have bought a bootleg and had paid full prize for them, it is woe. Woe is me.

17. But I have proofs that the said doll is a fake. Even the owner said so, in her conversation, and all her friends know... >.> What I don't understand is their views... (_ _) Protecting someone who buys and offers fake dolls are for me unacceptable. They are now talking bad of me because they said I can afford expensive dolls and they can't... Hmm, what's the connection between my dolls and their fake ones... =A= People are so weird.

18. I would certainly report a bootleg doll and its owner if I will be sure that a doll is a recast.

19. yes, I can't understand. Not just protected the Fake owner, their also want to buy the fake one too. Have they no shame to call themselves "doll owners" ??

and what, "The fake are more high quality than the genuine one " ??!!!! WTF !!!

20. Report them repeatedly and share your proof with the mods. These people should be banned on the first offense.

Not only do they show no respect to doll artists, they show no respect for the doll community, and as much as the doll community may annoy me sometimes, people who flaunt bootleg dolls shouldn't be allowed to be a part of it and most certainly not allowed to do business in the marketplace as they clearly have no issue with ripping people off.