Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringdoll 72cm Grown Dolls

Quote Originally Posted by NioSpica View Post
    Hi!
    My friend received their much-anticipated Kirin last week - and what a shock it was!

The doll is covered in scratches, the face-up is poorly done, the tattoo is messy and it seems it doesn't have a coating of any kind on it, one of the eyes doesn't fit in its eyesocket (which seems to be a fault in the cast of the head...), and some of the clothes look like they were made by an amateur in a rush...

Is this the quality you would expect from a fullset that costs a small fortune?!

Has anyone had problems with Ringdoll's BJDs and do you have any experience on how they handle customer complaints? Do they offer a refund of any kind or anything at all to cover the damage and heartbreak suffered because of this matter? Do you have to send the doll back to them to get the refund? (my friend has already spent a lot of money, not on the doll alone, but also on shipping fees and taxes... so if the doll has to be sent back to Ringdoll at her own cost, it will add even more to the sum...)

If someone could help me and my friend with this I'd be really thankful~
    That was terrible. I think your friend should contact Ringdoll immediately...
    Love. Love. Love. My Adam!

Thank you for your compassion, cyranstar and Yufe. :-)

My friend sent photos of her doll to Ringdoll, but they aren't offering anything in return if the damaged doll won't be sent back to them first.
    My friend is devastated because she's already paid shipping costs and Finnish customs (which is, for a doll this expensive coming from overseas; as much as 200 euros! O___o). Now she has to pay the shipping costs when sending the doll back to Ringdoll, and probably when the new doll arrives; the Finnish customs again...

She offered all kinds of other solutions, but Ringdoll doesn't seem to be willing to negotiate - it's either the doll back to them on my friend's own expense or nothing in return.

I think this is unfair since my friend should have received the doll in *perfect* condition in the first place. :-(
    I was about to order some Ringdoll Growns for myself since I think Sol, Airforce Wolf and Atlas sea Carlos look magnificent in the promotional photos, but right now I'm not sure if I or my friend will ever order a doll from Ringdoll again...

In fact my friend is so saddened about this whole ordeal that she told me she might never order another BJD again. I'm very upset to see her suffer from this so much that she'll even give up on the whole hobby altogether...

If you have been in the Ringdoll waiting room, people have had better success when ordering from an official Ringdoll distributor rather than straight from Ringdoll (but some still had good communication even though it was straight through Ringdoll). I recently orderered and received my RD Kay Grown in May and the distributor that I orderered from was really good at poking Ringdoll to get my order done. It seems they answer faster to their distributors rather than straight to the customer (odd way of handling things XD). But then again sorry to hear about the ruined Kirin >< Ringdoll needs to take more care\consideration into their dolls and customers -_-"

Thank you for your compassion, cyranstar and Yufe. :-)

My friend sent photos of her doll to Ringdoll, but they aren't offering anything in return if the damaged doll won't be sent back to them first.
    My friend is devastated because she's already paid shipping costs and Finnish customs (which is, for a doll this expensive coming from overseas; as much as 200 euros! O___o). Now she has to pay the shipping costs when sending the doll back to Ringdoll, and probably when the new doll arrives; the Finnish customs again...

She offered all kinds of other solutions, but Ringdoll doesn't seem to be willing to negotiate - it's either the doll back to them on my friend's own expense or nothing in return.

I think this is unfair since my friend should have received the doll in *perfect* condition in the first place. :-(
    I was about to order some Ringdoll Growns for myself since I think Sol, Airforce Wolf and Atlas sea Carlos look magnificent in the promotional photos, but right now I'm not sure if I or my friend will ever order a doll from Ringdoll again...

In fact my friend is so saddened about this whole ordeal that she told me she might never order another BJD again. I'm very upset to see her suffer from this so much that she'll even give up on the whole hobby altogether...
    Will Ringdoll agree to pay for shipping back to her and possibly reimburse her customs fees for the second go round?

I'm not surprised that they want the original back. It seems they would want it back to prevent her from selling the other one as well as to verify the claims of damage in person. I do recall hearing of other dolls sent back to them, and some shipping fees reimbursed, but I cannot recall which thread that was in.

Tell her to keep at them. If the damage is as bad as that then she should have grounds upon which Ringdoll needs to make good. However, if they consider it superficial - face-ups and minor scratching - they may deny it. Those have been common issues with them.

White Devil: actually she ordered through a distributor, who has been kind enough, I hear. The problem is still with Ringdoll itself...

cyranstar: Thank you, I'll tell her to ask if Ringdoll will agree to pay for the shipping fees and reimburse the customs fees.

Yeah, I agree with you that it is reasonable for Ringdoll to want to see the damages for themselves first... I just hope they *will* send her another doll rather than just deem the damages "not severe enough" in their opinion...-.-;; I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, since they DID send a faulty doll to a customer in the first place.

I think the face-up and the scratches are things my friend can live with... At least you can fix the face-up and cover the scratches with clothing. The biggest problem is the fault in the cast of the eyesocket.

I'll post here the minute I hear something new on this situation. :-) Thank you for your interest on this matter so far~

I had problems with BJDs order that made me feel the same way. But it will pass with time. It's frustrating and you get angry. After a long wait and so much money involved, you expect something good if not perfect!

I'm worried now because I am waiting for a Kirin and they did tell me the tattoo takes a long time so they are having issues with it. I wonder if your friend's complaint made them pay more attention to it. I saw pictures of a Kirin owned by someone and the face up looked kinda bad. It's not something that worries me, but the tattoo not being coated and being messy... the clothes not being decently made... I got him mainly for those things.

Let us know how things are going and good luck to your friend.

Soomed to a TEA *ba-dum* ukelala's Avatar
    I don't know much about the Finnish mail system, but some countries have an option to send things out for 'repair'. It's an extra form you have to put inside the box before you ship it, and Ringdoll would have to sign it and such, mark down the repairs. (even if they replace the doll, it's not like customs would notice, they'd just see better face paint) Then, they put the same form back in the box, and send it back to you. That form is proof that you were in ownership of the conents of the box, and have already paid duties on them. When it comes back through customs, you may only have to pay a fee on the work done, not the actual item. It's worth asking about, although it still doesn't fix paying for the shipping. -_-
    Last edited by ukelala; 06-23-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Lives with: Wagyu Hibari * Wisteria October * Cheshire * Tzariel * Obsidian October * Andante * Kai * Kyokotsu * Ichabod September
    Waiting: Dollshe Orijean - Kumo
    HappiCarp faceups! / HappiCarp fashions! / ukelala's feedback

I feel so sorry for the friend but I must say that this saved me some money and probably heartache. I was thinking about getting a Kirin myself, especially for the clothes. Very big disappointment. They have had several problems and I am not sure I feel safe to order anything from Ringdoll, dealer or no dealer. :/
    So happy that threads like this exist!
    Livejournal tumblr deviantART Facebook
    Waiting: Kat - Tan MNF Shiwoo
    For sale: Supia Lana

It seems that poorly done faceups are very common from ringdoll, when I recived my Don a couple of years ago I was shocked how bad the faceup was - one of the worst company faceups i've ever seen.
    Elfdoll Wu, Volks Yukinojo, Volks sunlight f-05 ♂ , Volks sunlight f-44 ♂ , Dollshe Sa Bermann, Souldoll Lee Jun Ki C set, Iple house Silvia + Lati red ♂ body, Volks Kohya, R.A.on dream Kii the Kirin, Crobidoll Cookie Cream Kyul the Witch,Nanyalin tan Faun, Rosetta Doll Zio + Ram65 body, Luidoll Lune + Volks SD13 ♂ body, Napidoll Winfred + Luts SDF body

Oh, man - my mom and I are waiting for our Kirins, and this does not exactly inspire confidence. I don't care about the face-up so much since I plan on giving him a custom, but I don't want him to come scratched up with clothes that don't fit. (Although I know that the Frankensteins also had some issues with their outfits and wigs, so I wouldn't be altogether surprised. Grr.)

Re: the tattoo -

The thing that gets me is that it should have been obvious to RD that the tattoo would take a lot of time to do. Why didn't they release fewer Kirins?! Or they could have released, I don't know, 25 special tattooed Kirins, and the rest could have been tattoo-free. Instead they're apparently releasing half-assed dolls and teeing off their customer base. A successful business depends on repeat business, and they're pretty much ensuring they won't get it.
    So many dolls, so little $...
    Doll Crushes: LLT Ludwig, Soom Puss in Boots DollClans Koyote

NioSpica - maybe your friend could send just the head for replacement? She could get a new head form ringdoll with a better faceup and better casting in the eyewells, and that would fix most of the problem without the shipping being as expensive.
    Elfdoll Wu, Volks Yukinojo, Volks sunlight f-05 ♂ , Volks sunlight f-44 ♂ , Dollshe Sa Bermann, Souldoll Lee Jun Ki C set, Iple house Silvia + Lati red ♂ body, Volks Kohya, R.A.on dream Kii the Kirin, Crobidoll Cookie Cream Kyul the Witch,Nanyalin tan Faun, Rosetta Doll Zio + Ram65 body, Luidoll Lune + Volks SD13 ♂ body, Napidoll Winfred + Luts SDF body

hello~
    My new boy

Ive been lurking in this thread for a while and was wondering if you guys would mind taking a look here?
    http://www.denofangels.com/forums/sh...29#post9185529

Id LOVE to see some of your handsome boys!

current dolls:
    Riima- BBB isabella
    Desmond- pukipuki chuchu
    Liam/ Nowaki- CH LJ icarus

Before placing my order for my first BJD, Sol by Ringdoll, I had read about the issues a lot of customers seemed to be having. Late shipment dates, issues with face-ups, bad customer service. But I took my chances because I love how Sol looks.

However, I'm now concerned by these new reports surfacing of problems with Ringdoll. Through the dealer I've gone with I was offered a free default face-up, but I have been considering giving him a new face-up once he arrives. So, it won't bother me that much if his default one is slightly imperfect. As for scratches, I'm sure they can be lightly sanded out. And any larger problems such as cracks in the resin or broken smaller parts will obviously be reported to Ringdoll and I will not buy from them again. It won't stop me from buying from another BJD company, I will just avoid Ringdoll in the future.
    At home: Alexandre (Ringdoll Grown Sol - pure normal skin)
    Wishing for: Soom Dia boy, DikaDoll Autumn, Iplehouse Felix, Iplehouse Eric
    Characters I want dolls for: Lykaon (Unidentified sculpt), Salem Ravenshaw (Iplehouse Eric), Hephaestion (Iplehouse Felix)

hello to every one i am new here in general
    First of all so sorry to hear of the ordering trouble and i hope it will worked out well
    But i have a ???? to ask for thous who own the Ring doll 72 cm, what is there wrist circumferences please ? I have a lovely Soomdoll jointed hands and i was wondering if they will fit it is in normal skin ton
    And i was wondering if any body have a Soom hands and the Ring boy will it be possibly to place some photo over here to see.
    Thank you very much

Hello, I'm just poking my head in to ask a question, and hoping it hasn't been answered some pages back... Does anyone on DoA own a Raymond at all? I've used the search engine already, and the database, and can't find a thing. Is he newer, or just not popular?

A friend an I think he might work for a character of ours, but I can't seem to find a single owner pic.

It's pretty quiet in here, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask... for those of you who have a Frankenstein, how do you get his metal bits to stay in place? Mine just keep popping out ><
    Home: LS Evan, SM Bygg, DK Lola, DL Yoyo, RS Li, SM Amphibel, BY Kirara, MNM Stuart Townsend, DK Ruber, CH Pocket Ai, LT Sherbet Rat, DF Qingcheng, DF Misha, DZ Gugu, RD Frankenstein, LK Ojallin, IH Byuri, SM RS Sakura, NP Chesi, IOS G, CD Wong x2, GD Zombie Lucy, ED Tasha

I really have been trying hard not to fall for Kay or Sol, but I am being tempted by them.
    Is paying off credit cards
    Ordered: Soom FCE Quartz, IOS Osiris head

Feedback:http://www.denofangels.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=74475

rockynresinoyds.com <3 Ryuichi Sakuma 13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JLostein View Post
    It's pretty quiet in here, but I thought I'd go ahead and ask... for those of you who have a Frankenstein, how do you get his metal bits to stay in place? Mine just keep popping out ><
    I don't have a RD Grown yet, (since I only need the body) but I've been lurking on this thread since they first announced the Grown boys.

Have you tried plain ol' white glue? I would think that it would work and yet if you need to take them out, you just soak the parts in water or even pull them out since its not a hard and fast glue.

Hope this helps!

Ryu
    Last edited by Ryuichi Sakuma 13; 09-19-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    Gravitation 4EVER NITTLE GRASPER: Vocalist: Sakuma Ryuichi [TV], "Ichi" [OVA], Lead Synth: Seguchi Tohma; Backup Synth/Backup Vocals: Ukai Noriko FANS: Tatsuha, Chiyoko, Ryuma/Reyna, Prism; In Headbasket: Yuki-san, Hisato, Trilllian, Ritsuka, Soubi, baby!Ryuichi, Alucard; Waiting 4: DoT head Saving 4:$30/$550 WANT 2 BUY: NS Luts/CP Dark Elf Soo head

Has her hand in the crazy LilDedLenore's Avatar
    Hey all!

Sorry to crash the Sol, Kay and Norman thread, but it seems no one around here has a Vincent and I need some help.

I got my Vincent about 6 weeks back and I'm not 100% happy with him. I want to get him a new head (his head seems REALLY small) but I am having no luck finding recent resin comparisons. Does anyone have a WS RingDoll that they can compare to other WS for me? I would be forever indebted.

eta: I'm concerned about RECENT casting matchups as I know the color changed. **hopes that makes sense**
    Last edited by LilDedLenore; 09-20-2012 at 11:21 PM.