The Moderators and Virtues have recently realized that the bulk of our moderating time is spent dealing with members adverting sales or trying to arrange transactions outside of the Marketplaces.
This is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN and creates a huge waste of time for the Mod Team, preventing us from having the time to do useful things like add new features, help members with their problems, and work in subforums that need daily maintenance.
We are asking you to stop and moderate your own behavior. We are not changing the rule or creating any new rules, BUT WE ARE GOING TO BEGIN ENFORCING THE EXISTING RULE DIFFERENTLY. In the event that you break the no selling/buying/trading outside the Marketplaces rule the automatic consequence will be a one-month Marketplace Suspension.
What is considered buying/selling/trading outside of the Marketplace?
This includes publicly:
- asking if anyone is selling a specific item.
- mentioning that your item is for sale.
- mentioning that an item in a gallery or discussion photo is for sale.
- answering a "Where can I buy...?" question with your own sale.
- asking members to sell items that are not listed for sale.
- asking members to contact you if they decide to sell an item.
- responding to members with interest in regards to buying/trading.
- cross-posting images in the gallery and your sales thread at the same time.
- linking to off-forum webpages clearly associated with your own sale.
- soliciting commissions (even for free) outside of the Commissionable Services marketplace.
- asking members if you may commission them.
Please note this applies to public areas of the forum, not PMs.
What is not considered buying/selling/trading outside of the Marketplace?
- Signature links to marketplace threads or offsite sales.
- Discussion-relevant links to online shops that aren't associated with you.
- Mentioning in a meet-up thread that you will bring items for sale; do not list prices or brands.
- Mentioning that you will have a booth at an event; do not list prices or details.
You may not leave personal feedback on Den of Angels for items bought, sold or traded at a meet-up or event.
Why is this such a big deal?
DoA has strict rules about Marketplace use in order to protect our members. When members engage in transactions outside of the Marketplace, they are circumventing these rules and opening everyone up to risk. In addition, sales spam and advertisement can make other members uncomfortable or disrupt normal discussion or gallery browsing. We are aware that some people make money from DoA's advertising opportunities, but DoA is a community first and neither the forum nor its members exist solely for your profit.
If you have any questions about this, please PM a moderator or ask in this thread.