The News subforum is to share news and help members to keep up on BJD-related news.
What kinds of things are news?
- new doll releases
- rereleases of limited/discontinued dolls and items
- in-person events
- contests of skill
- new batches of clothing/wig/eye/accessory releases
- new additions to the brands a shop carries
- official statements regarding piracy
- any unusual or extraordinary news of general interest
What kinds of things are NOT news?
- restocks of non-limited items
- local meetups
- Etsy shop information or updates
- contests of chance
- News threads may be started by official company representatives, dealers, or other forum members.
- Each news announcement gets a single thread. New threads must be started for additional releases or events; they may not be added to an existing thread. Representatives and dealers who will be offering the item or participating in an event may add their information to the existing thread.
- Threads may contain up to five (5) pictures, each no larger than 800x600 pixels. Additional or oversized pictures may be linked off-site. If more pictures are added to the thread, earlier images must be removed so that the total number is five or fewer.
- No chatting in News. If you would like to discuss news, please start a thread in Size-Specific Discussion or in Conventions. Be sure to post a link in the News thread so others can join the discussion!
- Ask questions that have broad interest and will be helpful to others, not just you. If you have a question that's specific to your order (i.e. "How much is shipping to xxx?" or "Has my order been shipped yet?"), please contact that dealer privately. Don't repeat a question that has already been asked, and be sure to read a thread and follow its links before asking basic questions.
- Keep it focused. If a dealer posts news about a new item, please keep discussion focused on that item. Do not post questions about future releases or other items.
- No bumping. Add updates for clarifications, changes or new information only.
- Threads about new dolls from established companies may be locked while it's determined whether they are on topic.
- Artist sculpts must be submitted to the moderators for approval before being posted in News.
Businesses, official dealers and company reps should also read Additional Guidelines for Official Dealers and Company Reps.
How can I subscribe to a news thread so I get updates?
Subscribing to threads is helpful because you can choose to get daily notifications of new posts; you can also view which of your subscribed threads has been updated form your User CP.
- To subscribe to the news forum as a whole: View the subforum index. There is a drop-down box in the upper right corner that says "Forum Tools." Click "Subscribe to this Forum."
- To subscribe to an individual thread: From within the thread, choose the "Thread Tools" drop-down menu in the upper right corner. Click "Subscribe to this Thread."
- We also have an RSS feed for the news subforum.