1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

~:. AngelToast "Hawk" discussion thread .:~

Sep 21, 2010

1. This be a discussion thread for AngelToast's new sculpt, Hawk! :)

> NEWS thread is here <

Feel free to ask questions here as well if you have them.

(discussion thread for the first AngelToast mold, Raven, is >here<)

2. He's so cute. In the blonde photos, he reminds me slightly of Austin Scarlet. :)

3. Oh my goodness, he's gorgeous. He reminds me of a wide-eyed, cocky Euclase. I really hope some of my stuff I'm trying to get rid of sells so I can afford him!

Will there ever be a second order period for him in case I miss him the first time?

4. Does the normal resin match Dollmore normal?

5. KittyFields: Yes, there will be another ordering period for him next year. Not sure when yet, but it'll happen. ^^;

minuet: The Pink Normal Skin would be closer to Dollmore NS, but it's a bit too dark (closer to Luts/FairyLand). It does seem to be a popular mixing mistake though that tends to happen where I get a head that's paler and closer to DollMore's NS. That won't be a regular color for this ordering period, but they might show up in the "special sale" section every now and then.

Zellie: *lol* That had not occured to me, but it's hilariously true! XD *digs for a fabulous blonde wavy wig*

6. How much is he? Sorry I don't see it on the website.

7. I can't wait for him. He is just gorgeous! I love those smilely happy boyos!

8. VampireSmiley: Sorry I forgot to add that - he'll be $120.

9. Whoohoo, he's released! You know who Hawk reminds me of? Peter Pan. Okay, maybe I've just been playing too much Kindom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, but with that smirk and those eyes I can't help but see a resemblance.

BTW, I only see options for NS skin tones. I take it you don't do any white skin tones? White is my preferred resin colour, but I honestly don't mind paler NS tones like Luts NS and the like.

I'm really hoping I can order him! Now I just have to debate whether I can afford a faceup too, and if so, what I want! Well, I have about a month to brainstorm a character and personality...

10. Kittyfields: Sorry, for this ordering period, he's only available in NS tones. :/ The white skin tones I made for Raven's sale gave me all sorts of grief on curing. I will be giving the white colors another go during winter, in case the weather had something to do with it (resin is a touchy material indeed).

And sure he could be Peter Pan! How cute! :)

11. Who would have thought normal skin would behave better than white skin resin in terms of curing! Interesting.

Also, I just though of a terrible pun. He's the most awesome thing I've seen since sliced bread (because he's an AngelToast Hawk... okay, that was horrble).

12. I love his chin...so very unique ^_^

13. I think he'd make a lovely lady~! Pretty lips and high cheek bones.

14. i have to agree, tempest_strife! i immediately thought what a strong woman hawk would make.

15. I love him/her and have to order as soon as I can!!!

16. Oh man. I adore him! <3 I have to get one before the ordering period is over.

17. I need to spam the board with mine. Elisa_Maza surprised me with a Hawk for my birthday. His pictures do not do him justice. He's such a smiley sweet happy guy. There just aren't enough of those around. I love him! :) Thank you again!

18. Yes, please do spam, Brightstar1008!

19. I just ordered him today! As soon as I saw him, his wide eyes and high cheekbones instantly reminded me of one of my characters and though I really shouldn't be ordering more dolls right now, he's just too perfect. I just had to wait for this paycheck to make it work. :D

He'll have to be a floating head for a while though :( I ordered Pink NS, and the site says that's a decent match for Souldoll NS... do you think he'll be a good fit on the soul-double boy body? I'll have plenty of time to decide while I'm saving...

20. Hi there! :) I have not had the opportunity to try the AT heads on a SoulDouble, but I have an inkling that the neck might be too thick to work very well. I have a SoulDoll Jinwoo head, and his neck hole is a bit wider than Hawk's - but you might be able to make it work with some sanding/dremeling on the inside of his neck. I hope this helps!