1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angel of Dream Qi Elf and Shi vampire Discussion thread

Jul 1, 2010

1. I really like them.....they are newer versions of the Qi and Shi from earlier on aren't they?....I liked those two as well, it's a shame you can't still buy them too.

2. Qi is very pretty and is it me or has the faceups improved?

3. i like Qi, however i feel that the face looks somewhat like my ZiYuan's . & I still dislike AOD's purple eyeshadow (><)

@acexkeikai - i know they've changed faceup artist :)

4. AoD Just needs to take better photos, that's all. Their face ups have always been really good. In the photo, the face ups look very amateurish and even a little sloppy, but then you see it in person and it is beautiful, clean and very professional. At least that is how I've felt about every AoD Doll I've seen in person with a default face up - like their photos never do them justice.

I really like both these dolls. Shi's photos are rather unflattering for him (poor boy) But you can tell in a few photos that's he's got a lot of potential. ^_^

5. As soon as I saw Qi and the free shipping event I ordered her. I do believe that her faceup looks a lot better than others on the website (I'm not talking about what they look like in real life, just on the website), and she just took my breath away (as far as AoD dolls go). I'm just a kid, so my parent's wouldn't let me buy one of the more expensive dolls, but I believe that Qi will be an excellent first doll.
      Also, at first I was skeptical of her body (you can't even see it in the stock photos!?), but those strange angles where her ribcage sticks out strangely has started to grow on me. It's almost like, "Well, since she's an elf, it doesn't have to be completely human looking." When I draw elves, I always extend their stomach, so it's the same line of thought. Oh, I can't wait for her to come home!

(And while I do like strangely-formed mouths, Shi does absolutely nothing for me.)

6. I can't tell if the dolls are male or female. All they posted were pics of a giant read cloak. The dolls are wonderful but, will have to pass them up. A big turn off for me is the company does not even have one stitch of clothing offered for any of the dolls.

7. At the bottom of each of the dolls' pages, it has the model (male or female), however after you order the doll, you can tell them through the messaging board (which they respond very quickly) if you want the opposite gender (free of charge, of course).

I know that they just got through firing/hiring a bunch of people and since then they've come out with two pairs of shoes, so I would like to think that we should be expecting clothing soon.

8. I ordered the Shi Vampire boy a few weeks ago: I love the double-jointed body, and his sleep eyes (And bright purpley/'blue eyeshadow !): -He will be my first 'boy' doll !
      -I haven't seen very many pictures of him away from the AOD website -I will have to take lots when I get him.

9. Am I the only person who's really bothered how the Shi sculpt doesn't really look like any of their other dolls?? It looks more like a CP/Luts head to me. I will admit though, it's defiantly Angel of Dream's best sculpt so far in regards to detail. But it's still bugging me.......

10. Hey everyone ^^ I'm looking into getting a Qi elf and I just wanted to spy on the thread a bit to see what I could learn lol.

11. Piggie!! If you have any questions/want any pictures, you know you can always ask me!

--Ha'ri (Doukyusei)

12. I'd love some owner pictures of Qi. She's still on my wishlist. ^_^

13. I'm not too fond of Shi, but Qi is really lovely. I like her faceup a lot--especially the other-worldly makeup... ^_^

The thing I think I like most about Qi is the almost genderless appearance of her face. I could see the Qi head on a male or female body; either would look nice.

14. It's funny that you say that, because originally I was going to get my Qi on a male body.
      :P

Once I find my camera, I'll take some pictures Dx
      Anything in particular you want to see? (I'll get some ear shots, since the website doesn't show them at all!)

15. (Sorry if this is a super old thread that I'm revisiting, but...) You can? Oh my--that's such a relief! I always had thought that Qi was a male. When I found out it was actually female I about had a heart attack, seeing as how I was going to get it to resemble one of my other doll's significant others. >>;

Though...how would they know which order you're referring to if you requested the opposite gender? And what if you didn't post it in time for them to know you wanted the opposite body? D8

16. Aww. No one seems to like Shi. :( I've liked this boy for awhile now and would like to see more pics of him? Does anyone own one except Ankhetaton1? I saw some photos of him on ebay and he was really cute in them.

17. I like Shi, but I think he needs some owner pics in order to turn people into liking him lol
      I don't think they photographed him very well on the website. I dunno if it's the lighting or what but on some of the pics his face looks like it's puffy lol orz.

I got my shipping notice for my Qi Elf :) I will post some pics of her once I get her :D
      before and after face up so you guys can see her blank too :)

NTEmiko,
      If you order while they are doing a free head event, you can buy the boy body and request the Qi Elf head. Not only is that less expensive, but you get your Qi boy! (Which I would LOVE to see, by the way ;D)
      If you do it that way, you purchase the body, then post your order number in the message board or email and tell the head you want. :)
      They're doing a free head event in May (this month). Though, I'm sure they'll do another one again if you're not completely saved up. I ordered during the head event in February. They seem to do them often :)

18. Hey everyone ^^ I can officially post in here, though it doesn't seem TOO active in the first place ;A;
      Here is my box opening thread in the event you guys are interested in seeing what the Qi Elf looks like tanned and blank :3

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?446703-Home-Sweet-Home-Angel-of-Dream-Tan-Qi-Elf-%28img-heavy-nudity%29

and also, if anyone is interested, this is my character who I have modeled Miss Qi Elf after
      http://www.mangabullet.com/galleryimg/2011/02/24/Pigsamurai-on-24-02-11-at-12-31-50.png