1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

A place to keep your dolls......?

Mar 26, 2010

1. Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I was wondering where everyone keeps their dolls?.....do you have a special display cabinet for them, or keep them in your bedroom.....or do you keep them in the living room?....I would keep mine in my bedroom but fear they won't get as much attention up there and might get dust on them.
      My house is very small and I don't know where to keep my dolls for the best...all ideas welcomed.:?:)

2. I just moved into a new house, and my room has a little walk-in closet that I made into a sewing nook, so I keep my dolls in there. I have cats, so I really wanted a door that shuts. It also keeps them out of the sun. If I didn't have that I might try to find them a case, or just a nice high shelf.

3. my doll lives on my pillow ^^ I have a double bed and he's very good at clinging on. It can be a little freaky to suddenly wake up to find a little fairy-sized creature gazing at you, one hand outstretched towards your face XD but he's very comforting on a dark night and I like knowing he's nearby.

4. Now that has given me an idea!.......I have one of those little built in wardrobes in my bedroom that I could put some shelves in for my dolls......of course I 'd be spending lots of time in my bedroom then, listening to music and admiring my dolls.:lol:

5. It would be a problem keeping my dolls on my pillow,Lol.....they're a bit too big ...apart from my little mei.:lol:

6. I keep mine all over the place. Sometimes I have one that I'm playing with on the doll sofa... sometimes they just stay on the human sofa. I have Faye in her box on my sewing table right now... it seems like if I put her with all the other boxes then I'll immediately have to go get her back out and play more. I have my newest girl Rose out on my ironing board/cutting/pinning/extra storage surface with Aiden. I just finished some pants for him last night and she needs a few casual outfits, so she'll be out there for awhile and I didn't want her to get lonely. The others are in their boxes in my room. I don't have any pets though, so I don't really have to worry about animals eating them or something like that.

7. I bought these shelves at Target for like $5 each. They are just big enough for my dollies to sit or stand on, and I bought one for each doll (so they have their own space and can hang things on the wall behind them). They're a great way to keep them up away from pets, but definitely need to be dusted regularly.

8. Aw, that's so cute!
      I would be afraid of squishing my doll in the middle of the night, though. It happens all the time with my plushies. xD

My dolls are spread throughtout my bedroom. Sometimes they sit on the dresser next to my bed because like Harlequin-Elle said, it's nice to have them so close. Or they're on my anime shelves. If they need work done to them, then they stay nice and safe in their boxes...Or they sit naked and wigless on my dresser like my one girl. o.o

9. I bought a small cabinet that I keep locked (family doesnt approve of such expensive toys) plus theres usually a toddler on the run so i try to keep them safe. Keep away the dust and light but I dont get to admire them as often as Id like to :(

10. I like the idea of sitting one of my dolls next to my bed......it would have to be DZ Chen.....like a big guardian angel watching over me while I sleep.:aheartbea

11. I keep them in my room so no one sees them

12. Mine are either in their boxes under the bed, or on my ghostly vacant extra bookcase. They only sit on the bed if I'm on there too. I have a cat who's crazy and gets jealous though, and I can see him either smothering the dolls or worse whie I'm away if I left them where he can get them >_>

13. Why don't you want people to see them?.....is it because people say nasty things about them?.......I have had a few nasty comments about my dolls and it really annoys me!

14. right now since i have no place to put him, i keep my doll in his box! D8>
      i want to clean my room at some point...lol...and clear out a shelf specifically for my dolls.
      but until then, he's in a box :(

15. I kind of want to make a dollhouse for my Brownies, but it'd be such a HUGE undertaking, and I only have two and a half, so I'm just not sure I want to do it. Maybe when I'm living in my own house, with plenty of room... but for now, unfortunately, I just can't do it.

All my bigger dollies sit on a couch that was once a doggie bed!

16. aw, that's sad...:(
      do people say things about them or something?

17. no they'll think I am crazy
      I am a guy after all and guys collecting dolls is a bit out of the ordinary

18. Mine are all sat on my fireplace (obviously without the fire on!) and people can say what they like I really don't care anymore, I like them and thats all that matters!

19. Oh I see.........it's a shame people are so narrow minded at times.......I don't see anything wrong with guys keeping dolls.

20. yeah most people are, people on another forum were surprised that I wasn't shunned here for being a guy
      ignorance eh
      (puppets are different then dolls, crazies have puppets :P)