1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

My Favorite Doll Feeback (2010)

Feb 25, 2010

1. My Favorite Doll (Website: http://www.mfd.net)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

PLEASE STICK TO THE FACTS!

2. * What did you order?
      A Monique wig and a dress shirt from their Kio Fashions line.

* When did you order?
      February 6th.

* How was the communication?
      There was no need for real communication for this particular order (read below). You receive a confirmation email as you place the order, and they send you another email within 2 days to let you know they'll processing it and will ship shortly (within a day or so).
      I've emailed them for inquiries about shipping fees and methods in the past and they've always replied fast, within hours. They've also been quite helpful, replying to all questions and even explaining in detail about the Canadian post service and fees and giving me a shipping estimate for an order I wanted to place.

* How easy was it to pay?
      Pretty easy. I paid through credit card.

* How long did it take to ship?
      They ship within 2 or 3 days. They send you an email to let you know your order is being processed, but they don't email you again once it's been shipped. They ship within 24 hours of processing your orders from what I can tell, though.
      However, if I have a complaint, it's that they don't have shipping estimates for international orders, nor they explicitly tell you what shipping methods your order will be sent by. For my first order, I requested a faster shipping method and I received my items in 4 days; for this order I didn't request a method in particular so it was sent via a standard method (sorry, I'm not familiar with the Canadian post) and it took two weeks to reach me.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      Yes, indeed. Monique wigs are always of good quality and MFD.net sells them at slightly lower prices (in comparison to Monique's retail prices), and their Kio Fashions clothing is nice and well-made.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      Yes, indeed.

* Were you satisfied with the product?
      Yes.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      N/A

* Would you order from this company again?
      Definitely.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?
      I suppose so, but I prefer buying first-hand whenever possible.

3. * What did you order? A bunch of BJD Kio clothing and Kio shoes
      * When did you order? April 14th and 15th
      * How was the communication? Fantastic! Marg let me know as soon as she had received my order and when she shipped it out (within hours on the same day I put in my order).
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy, by CC.
      * How long did it take to ship? Shipped the same day I put my orders in and was received (via standard letter) on April 20th and 21st respectively. So, 4 business days total.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, the Kio fashions are super cute and well-made! They are all on sale right now for fantastic prices.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Definitely.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes! I am a repeat customer of MFD. It's unfortunate that they'll be phasing out all of their BJD stuff (aside from the Monique wigs)
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A
      * Would you order from this company again? Definitely! Marg is great to work with.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Definitely.

4. What did you order? 12mm Light Violet acrylic eyes + light brown lashes.
      When did you order? June 1st.
      How was the communication? Marg was nice when I told her I forgot to enter my CC info. She allowed me to reorder again w/h the credit info, and that it would not count as a double order ^^;;
      How easy was it to pay? Easy with a credit card.
      How long did it take to ship? A week.
      Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? 50% off on eyes, heck yeah, and the lashes are gorgeous. :D
      Did the item look like the sales pictures? I was shocked to see the eyes are smaller then I thought they would be. I can only imagine what they look like on the doll O: (both image and the eyes look more grayish purple then light violet..) and the lashes are the as the image, but prettier.
      Were you satisfied with the product? Yup!
      If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/a
      Would you order from this company again? Defiantly! Since they have a huge eye sale xD and the lashes are pretty too. Shame they don't ship MSC.
      Would you buy this company's products second-hand? They got out of the BJD business, and only have few things left.