1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom House Feedback (2010)

Feb 24, 2010

1. Custom House Feedback 2010

Please leave feedback in the following format so as to best inform everyone of how your transaction went with the company. Be as specific as you like, and additional comments are always encouraged.

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand

2. .

* What did you order? Ange Ai Hani & Gaby

* When did you order? 2009 / 28 /10

* How was the communication? Perfect, They always answer me with kindnes

* How easy was it to pay? easy with paypal

* How long did it take to ship? 4 months

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? yes, I'm very satisfied

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? I ordered without face up

* Were you satisfied with the product? Definitively yes

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? -

* Would you order from this company again? Definitively yes

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand For the price, I prefer order to the company

3. * What did you order? Ai Cebee and Choa

* When did you order? 25th October 2009

* How was the communication? They always answered any questions, but often answers were vague when it came to shipping times.

* How easy was it to pay? Usual paypal transaction

* How long did it take to ship? 4.5 months - I think mine got sped up because I nagged.

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes, I'm very happy with my two dolls, the sculpting is a little rough, but the doll is lovely. There were seamlines but nothing extreme. I've certainly paid more for dolls that were worse quality

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Choa - Definitely, Cebee - not as much, it could be the face-up although someone has questioned whether I got a Cebee sculpt. I'm currently checking that one out but the doll itself is lovely.

* Were you satisfied with the product? I am very happy with both dolls

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? -

I already have two more orders due to come

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand Probably not as it is usually a lot more expensive secondhand than direct. Overall the price does tend to make the waiting times worthwhile.

Edit: Since this post, my order from December is still yet to be sent and it's now mid August. After 3 months of continual promising to send goods, customhouse have now vanished off the radar and are refusing to answer customers queries unless they relate to how to pay or purchase.

After my current experience I would urge anyone to consider carefully before purchasing from customhouse. I monitored the waiting room before buying and waited until they appeared to be catching up and sending shipments regularly. It all goes downhill very fast with customhouse. All of a sudden they stopped shipping mid April and didn't resume regular shipping. Orders are coming in drips. They also have a tendency to ship items early to customers who kick up a huge stink in favour of those who have been waiting longest. It's not a good system.

The dolls are lovely (when and if they arrive), the bodies are basic but the sculpts seem to have a life of their own. But IMO it's not worth the hazard of tying your money up in a company that has no business sense from what I have observed and certainly no hesitation in ignoring its customers when it suits.

Oh, and really be careful of browsing the website without strong virus protection. A friend recently got her computer attacked by a trojan horse virus that the computer technician traced back to the customhouse website.

4. * What did you order? The Ai Hyun x 2

* When did you order? October 18, 2009

* How was the communication? Given the uncommonly long wait time, I might have preferred to be kept a bit more up to date about my order status. However, I understand that with the large volume of orders from consecutive sale events, Custom House would have difficulty seeing to every customer like this. Whenever I did post on the CH site's Q&A board, their responses were prompt, courteous, and helpful, so I have no major complaints about communication.

* How easy was it to pay? Simple (credit card payment)

* How long did it take to ship? ... Nearly 6 months. ^^;;

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Most certainly. Seeing the delicate, attentively done faceups and nice quality resin, I'm even gladder that I didn't pass up the BOGOF sale. A few prominent seamlines, mostly on the legs and ankles, are the only flaw that I can see.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes for the most part. The default faceup, of course, differs from the special faceup in the company photos.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, very satisfied.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

* Would you order from this company again? Maybe - provided that wait times stay under 3-4 months, haha.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Probably not, unless it's a sculpt that is no longer likely to be available from the company itself.

5. * What did you order? Ange Ai Sunny with event head Hani and extra body

* When did you order? December 11, 2009

* How was the communication? Always prompt, some language issues, but very polite throughout

* How easy was it to pay? Credit Card

* How long did it take to ship? 17 weeks to the day for delivery

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I only have one other doll to compare them to, but yes, I would say the quality is very good for the event pricing

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? My dolls came home without faceups, but the molds look the same as on the site

* Were you satisfied with the product? For the most part. Some seam issues and thin resin around the eyes of one doll. Also, I now understand the term "toothy resin"! LOL! That doesn't bother me, actually. I like a texture to doll "skin".

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Though not "unsatisfied" issues CH dealt with a change of order and a problem with extra shipping charges quickly.

* Would you order from this company again? Probably not, but it has nothing to do with Custom House, but more to do with how my doll style is developing. Were they to have elf earred tinies, though . . .

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Probably not, again just because my doll style is leaning more toward fantasy/elf/tiny now.

6. What did you order? Cebee and Sia with face ups. A pair of shoes. A free outfit.

When did you order? October 29, 2009

How was the communication? I can give this the benefit of a doubt because of the language barrier. I didn't like that a "few days" equaled into three more weeks. However, when I poked around, they were able to give me an actual date.

How easy was it to pay? Pretty good. I was able to use my CH points from way back.

How long did it take to ship? Considering this was part of Oct 09's Buy One Doll, Get One Free offer, I didn't expect them until late March / early April. Yes, the wait is tedious, but getting two dolls for the price of one was worth the wait.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? I would say so. The Cebee just needs to be restrung. She's strung way too tight. There needs to be a bit of sanding. Yet, I can do this on my own without any problems. The make up looks awesome! They actually listened to me when I asked for a specific color of eyes.

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes.

Were you satisfied with the product? Aside from a few modifications, I need to do on the dolls, very much so. I'm unimpressed with the free outfit. Too tacky for my taste.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a

Would you order from this company again? Considering that CH is flocked with orders right now, I'll let this one wait. I don't mind ordering from them again, but I would reccomend it if someone was looking for something economical, but can wait for a while.

Would you buy this company's products second-hand Probably not, but that's just me.

7. * What did you order? Ange Ai Gaby with Hani event head and discounted body.
      * When did you order? December 19th, 2009
      * How was the communication? I did not have any need for communication.
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy, using debit card.
      * How long did it take to ship? 15 weeks, 6 days.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Very much so. I am very pleased with the quality and the price.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? They were unpainted, but other than than, yes.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes.
      * Would you order from this company again? Most definitely. The wait is worth it, for me.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? I have, but I would probably just buy direct from the company during an event if I was to buy again.

8. * What did you order? Ange Ai Hani & Uri Head + extra body; one pair of ange hands
      * When did you order? December 31st; February 6th
      * How was the communication? The communication was actually very prompt and helpful
      * How easy was it to pay? Easy. I used paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? From when it actually left their factory, it was about 5 days because of customs and the weekend. And it took about 14 weeks and 4 days for everything to be manufactured and then arrive to my house
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Definitely. It's worth more than I paid for to be honest. I love the resin, the sculpt is exactly what I expected, the free wig was well-crafted.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Heck yes
      * Would you order from this company again? Probably. The wait time is long, but it's not unmanageable, and I know that they -are- sending out the product.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Probably not, just because CH runs so many promotions that it's not worth it to me to pay full price without a waiting time, when I can pay close to half off even if I have to wait a few months.

9. * What did you order?
      Junior Ai Marco and Yeonu
      * When did you order?
      October 20th, 2009
      Pretty good. They answered my questions and were friendly. Though, in the waiting room, people like to compare notes on what the responses from CH are and a lot of the times it is copy and paste.
      Not sure. I was in another state at the time. Hopefully, shii-chan will post a review since she was there for that.
      24 weeks and 6-ish days. Shii-chan (my split partner) and I were one of the last to receive our dolls from October. We weren't amused. This doesn't happen that often. Most of the time, it's just under 20 weeks, pending if you are part of a GO or not.
      Yes. Considering it was the BOGOF event, it was very appropriate. There are some seams, but he's nice to pose and play with. And freakin' adorable.
      Yes. I mean, it might be me, but the eye shape looks a little different, but, again, it might be just me.
      Very much so.
      I was at my limits, as was shii-chan and my mom and we wrote them a stern letter essentially saying they had until the end of the month. CH went ahead and shipped our boys ahead of the clothes (the BOGOF event from October came with a free outfit) and even paid for shipping of the clothes. I was very happy about that since, by that time, we had the longest wait time.
      Probably not, if only because I have other plans involving other companies.
      No, but for the same reason as above.

10. * What did you order? Old Ai body in the $88 sale.
      * When did you order? The day the sale was announced.
      * How was the communication? None involved.
      * How easy was it to pay? Super easy. Paypal, boom, done.
      * How long did it take to ship? It shipped the next day and arrived yesterday (May 11) so... 5 days total? Very fast.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes - I was surprised that the inner torso piece wasn't glued in but hey for $88... The bodies aren't completely finished, and need some flashing removed but are of Customhouse's usual lovely quality.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yep!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Mostly... see below
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? Absolutely. But see next answer:
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand I'd actually buy a second hand Customhouse doll over a new one because of their recent shipping and quality issues

The one thing wrong with this transaction was the utterly appalling shipping from a manufacturer. Yes, the pieces were all in nice cellophane bags. But they had nothing IN the bags to prevent the pieces from bumping into each other. The bags were then wrapped in bubble wrap, but the box was far too large for the wrapped bundle, and it was rolling around inside the box when it arrived. Just shy of a miracle that nothing was broken, IMHO.

Aside from that, I'm glad they did this offer. The body will be going to a friend who didn't have cash to buy it right now, and I'm delighted to have been able to help.

11. * What did you order? 2 Old AI bodies
      * When did you order? early May
      * How was the communication? fine
      * How easy was it to pay? couldn't figure out how to use Paypal from CH site, but it worked out ok anyway
      * How long did it take to ship? two weeks, which was a very big surprise! I expected a four month wait.
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? very much yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? No, but for $88, they're fine. They're unassembled and still have lots of seams. I look forward to sanding and finishing them.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? yes
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? yes
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand yes

12. * What did you order?
      Old body Ai * When did you order?
      11. 5. 2010
      very very good - they was very nice
      i used paypal, so very easy. but i have some problems with my paypal, and they was so kind on me and accept my problems
      only one week - quickly
      yes, a little bit problem with attachment, but i am satisfied
      little different color of skin - more yellowish * Were you satisfied with the product?
      yes, very!!!
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? ---
      of course
      possibly yes

13. * What did you order? Old AI girl body on special offer
      * When did you order? 7/5/10
      * How was the communication? No answer to my first emails about problems paying, I managed to figure out how to pay myself.
      * How easy was it to pay? Not that easy untill I figured how to pay via paypal
      * How long did it take to ship? 3days but it was a weekend, I felt shipping was quite expensive at $48 for a small box
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? There is more work than I expected as there are many seams and lots of chunky flashing, a LOT of sanding is required.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Pretty much except for the seams and flashing!
      * Were you satisfied with the product? No as I am very sure there is a thumbnail size crack at the back of her shoulder which worries me. The parts were not individually wrapped when shipped so I think the damage could have accured then.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? Customhouse told me it is a parting line and to sand it, which I have done at length and it is still there. I have emailed them again and they still insist it is a parting line and they will not give me any more assitance with the matter!
      * Would you order from this company again? NEVER
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Maybe as long as I never have to deal with them direct again!!!!!!:x

14. Hi, this is not a complain or anything.
      I just would like to tell u this "story" then you will decide to buy from them or not.

I bought 2 dolls on 6th January.
      Paid immediatly.
      Never received a mail from them, I've sent tons to them.
      On March I received a mail: Sorry for the late shipping, we will send them to you soon.
      May... another mail: Would u mind paying 82$ more for shipping? We made a mistake and asked u the wrong fee (on January!) !
      Dolls shipped on 27th June.
      At the wrong address.
      With the wrong info on it.
      With a declare of 150$ and the full receipt glued to the box (around 350$) (O___O) !
      Today I received the dolls, and paid 73€ for them of custom fees.
      I've opened the box... I am a customizer, so I can fix it... but really, never seen something so horrible!
      Ok for the sanding... but this is insane.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice doll, but not worth the problems.
      I will never buy from them for sure.
      I collect dolls since 2003 and I never had so many troubles.

15. * What did you order?
      Junior Yeonu and Marco
      * When did you order?
      October 20, 2009
      Mostly copy and paste replies to our emails. If they even bothered to respond.
      Easiest part of the ordeal, we used a credit card.
      Just shy of 25 weeks... almost half a year!
      It was BOGOF event, so yes.
      Yes! the face is perfect, the sculptor even has a signature inside my Yeonu's headcap. So adorable! Seam lines are very prominent, but nothing I can't fix myself.
      When I finally got the product I was.
      N/A as my problem wasn't with the actual product.
      NO. NEVER. I went into this anticipating a 3-4 month wait. I will never order from this company again. They gave us the run around for such a long time, each week notifying us that they would send the dolls out the following week. It took a series of very firm, angry letters threatening to file a claim against the company for them to even change our order status to "Preparing to Ship." Took them something like 2 weeks on top of that for them to actually ship it. This company is not capable of holding the events they have. You know the saying "If it seems to good to be true, then it probably is"? Well this company is a textbook example.
      Probably not, as I'm not interested in any of their other molds for my characters.

16. * What did you order?
      Ange Ai Raffy with Hani event head and extra Ange body. No faceup.
      * When did you order?
      December 22.
      Nil from their end, despite the massive difference between their advertised and actual shipping dates. When I became anxious and asked after them (after five months), I was given a "thank you for being patient" brush-off and false promises of shipping in a week or so, after some days, but at least they responded. Not in a way that actually "communicated" anything useful, though.
      Paypal.
      SIX MONTHS. Their advertised wait time was five WEEKS.
      The price was brilliant, given it was a half price plus free head event and the second body was reduced, too.That said, the sanding is poor and some of their seams are horribly jagged. More concerningly, Hani's back thigh leg has a raised bump I am afraid is a bubble, and am in dread of knocking into a hole. And the sanding around Raffy's eyes could have been more careful. I was fortunate to escape some of the really dreadful flaws some CH dolls have - at least their faces are fine! The resin itself is nice.
      Yes, given that they are blank heads.
      Overall, yes. But see above. They are really, really cute, though. Darling sculpts. And I really love them. I wish they had been better finished, but I was prepared for that, for the price.
      I'm not even going to try to discuss the problems with them, I know from others' experience exactly how much satisfaction I'll get.
      NEVER, and not from their sister company Dollcatch either. While I was waiting for my dolls, it seemed like they just had event sale after event sale, with no attempt to catch up on previous orders first, and no communication. I was horrified by the way some other buyers were treated by them, too. I love my baby girls, but I am disgusted with the company. The angst nearly made me hate the dolls - it ruined all the fun and excitement of ordering. I thought I was prepared for a long wait, but six months and the continual grabbing for cash by having new sales without meeting their previous commitments was at first hilarious, then really upsetting.
      Possibly. They ARE really cute, and I'd know of any flaws in advance. But never directly again. They seem to have no respect for their customers, and their business ethics are really questionable.

17. * What did you order?
      Ange Ai Hani and Mari head and extra body
      * When did you order?
      December 27th 2009
      I never tried to contact them
      very easy through paypal.
      6 months and 12 days.
      For the sales price, yes.
      yes, even though they are blank
      I was expecting much worst after reading some horror stories about CH quality, so I guess I am.
      N/A
      Probably not. Waiting times are up to 7 months at the moment and no mater how cute the dolls are, it's not worth waiting that long.
      possibly

18. * What did you order? Ange Ai Gaby and Uri; Ai Cebee with Iriya head (planned to use Iriya head)
      * When did you order? December 20th
      * How was the communication? so so....at least they answered queries. I think production is not entirely within their control.
      * How easy was it to pay? This was not ordered on my account but on someone else's so they payed
      * How long did it take to ship? about 7 months (it was a Christmas order)
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes...big deal that there are seams....I got 2 tinies and an SD for $366! I'm quite happy with that.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes they did...I didn't care for the Cebee head but then I don't plan on keeping it.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Yes I wish it had been quicker, but I'm really happy with my dolls.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes I am planning on ordering another doll in the next sale.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand Probably not due to the inflated prices people give them....I can wait patiently.

19. * What did you order?
      Bisou Ai BonBon + Muu event head + extra body for event head
      * When did you order?
      Original order was 19thMarch, changed to an event order on 12th April as they had not yet produced my doll.
      They communicated with very badly translated broken English, and it was often cut and paste replies. They were uninterested in my until I threatened legal action because they would not tell me why my dolls were taking so long to be produced.
      Paypal.
      Three Months. This was only after I threatened legal action as I did not believe that the company was acting in a lawful manner, as their wait time says 4-5 weeks.
      Yes. I got two beautiful dolls for the price of one, in effect. They are 19cm, and it was $168 for both.
      Yes. Although both were blank, they definitely looked like the pictures.
      Yes. They are lovely dolls. They were finished to a very high standard, although I think that was because the company did not want to get involved with me, as I was already very angry with them.
      They solved the problem by sending me my dolls. While I am pleased they did, I know it meant that a lot of people were very mad at me for getting mine so soon after ordering, and made the whole experience a little tough. The company also was very defensive, when it was so clear that they were in the wrong.
      NEVER, and I won't let anyone I know order from them either. They lie to their customers, and money grab by having sale after sale, while not sending any previous orders out. I personally think that the company is surviving on the skin of its teeth and those sales. They have incredibly bad customer service, and cannot give reasons for the delays that they cause.
      Yes. The dolls are beautiful, and really lovely. I also love the feeling of the resin.

To anyone who is considering ordering directly: If you are not prepared to be VERY blunt with them, you will not see your doll in less than 6 months. If you are prepared to be very blunt, remember that no one who has ordered before you will be impressed that you got your dolls before them. I suggest knowing exactly when you want your dolls, and clarifying when they will be shipped before you order. Ask for a date, so that when that date comes you can make them send them. The website may say 4-5 weeks of working days, but the company does not mean it!!!!

20. * What did you order?
      AI Hyun with Iriya head

* When did you order?
      Group order was placed and paid on Dec 20.

Alright. They did response to my question within 2 business days. But when it comes to ask for ETD, their replies are not that helpful at all.

Fairly easy. Just paypal

Very long. Our GO didn't get ship out after 7 months and 3 days.
      The GO host got the package on July 26, 2010. I got my doll on July 28, 2010

Yes. It was 50% off event with free event and a (not-so-good) wig.

Yes.

I am, actually.
      Yes, the doll needs some mods and definitely sanding for the seamlines. But for this price. I think the doll is still worth for the price.

N/A

Maybe. I do want a yo size doll. XD

Yes.