1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Doll In Mind Love Boys

Jan 23, 2010

1. I've searched, and as far as i'm aware there's no thread discussing this line of boys. If i've overlooked feel free to remove :).

I've been considering on an Edmon as my first, and i'm really interested on current owners inputs on the DIM boy bodies in particular. Any information on their mobility, and how posable they may (or may not) be. Any resin matches and body alternatives to this line/head would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance :sweat

2. I have edmon!! I also have galahad. They are beautiful quality dolls. The poseability is not the worlds best but they are fantastic dolls to own and really do look amazing. I would recomend them to anyone. The face sculpts are so detailed. They do have big feet so need a slightly larger foot on their shoes but generally are easy to find clothes for as they pretty much fit in any sd boy clothes.

3. awesome to hear, and congrats on your boys... Edmon is such a cutie... thanks so much for responding ^_^... -lurks off to find Edmon posts-:aheartbea

4. Awee no morez? :(

5. The only thing I hate on my Edmon's body is that the chest is made so odd. His back arches like he'd be sticking his breasts out if he had them, and when you finally get the piece snapped forward it looks like he's almost hunching over. I'll get pics tomorrow and post for ya. Otherwise he's great :)

6. I have nothing better to do with my time, so here. :P Pulled him from his box. Here's the relaxed position that drives me crazy

[​IMG]

and here's him fixed. It's not so hunched over this time. He actually stuck with this position.

[​IMG]

7. awe... he's all puffed and proud XD... maybe i'll be looking into a new body if i do decide to purchase him... although i may be able to deal with him little fault hmmm...

8. Whatever you decide, good luck! If you decide on a different body, there are plenty of pics in the DIM resin match thread. DIM heads on different bodies. Good luck :D He's a cutie!

9. I have two DiM Love's. I have Andrea and Bbjorn and the body has poseability issue, but only prior to sueding. Elfdoll and many other dolls are far worse to pose than DiM Love's. Really, I have had a lot of dolls in my hands and there's no compare. They are Solid! And once adjusted with sueding they are very stable. I've had mine standing on one foot holding other dolls at meetups before. The key is sueding the middle section very well though. The traction you add by sueding gives the doll the ability to hold a pose other than it's natural "proud" pose. Not that I mind the proud pose, but it doesn't work too well when the doll is sitting. So other than the slipping midsection, they are a dream to work with. Their heads do not pose in a particularly wide range of motions so add a donut or big washer to the inside of their heads and then suede the top of the neck if you want to have a lot of extra poseability in the heads.

The body is nothing shy of Astonishingly lovely. The hands are good sized...lovely and robust. But unfortunately those nice commercial Luts gloves won't fit *pouts*. I am ordering some Dikadoll hands soon and I will let you know how Dika's SD13 hands work for them scale wise.

I love my DiM bodies and would NEVER put a head on any other form for them. Their bodies suit them and the mechanical probs are incidental at best. There was a DiM Memory on ebay last night that went for way too low. And I was soooo tempted. Except that I am more than halfway saved to add to my collection with a Bellosse (or my heartthrob Angelheim Venetio on a spirit doll body!!!) So I had to be a good girl and not rescue the DiM Boy. *sigh*

Here's my DiM Andrea. He's such a fox!!!

[​IMG]

10. I was wondering about those Luts gloves, Elfkin. My guy really does have huge hands! I think the Ajumpapama site has gloves in three sizes, so I'm thinking I need the Large. I know I tried my Hound's silver ring from OrangeBabyDolly on his hands and boy, was there ever a size difference. Hound's hand was much skinnier.
      Let me ask, did you suede his shoulders/elbows, too? My guy is wired, but still tends to give an occasional "flop" in the elbow region. Maybe I need a stronger wire? I don't want him too stiff, though.
      I agree, you really do get a nice body/head match. Not the best shots, but you can get a feel for the movement potential:
      [​IMG] and this one [​IMG]
      Click little

11. sistercuervo I suede the shoulders and use a good, 16 gauge wire in the elbows. As for the hands, I have a pattern I made that works great, but finding a delicate enough pleather to use has been problematical so far. I use leather when making the gloves for my own dolls, but I would not want to use the leathers I use for making gloves for other folks--I use antique leathers from Victorian clothing and special order book cover leathers. Very expensive to get.

I do wonder if the big Ajumpapama gloves would work. (off to try to get some) If they don't, I can give them to Isabeau's Efdoll Vampire Red... that boy has some girly hands. LOL!

12. Elfkin he is very gorgeous, hm a bit of sueding and a donut is hardly enough to deter my love for these boys... can't wait to see more of these guys around the forums, they are seriously under-hyped in my opinion.

13. Hello, I wonder if I bought only love head, which company resin that will be compatible with DIM resin most?
      Can anyone help me please.

14. Did you mean the regular Love heads or the Memory heads? The Minimee (Memory) heads are a completely different colour from the Love heads and bodies, not to mention, DiM changes the resin colour quite a bit. You might look down the resin comparison thread for MInimee for some examples of color-matching/body-swaps for the heads. They give some good examples of what fits and the colour ranges.
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...sons-(various-resins)&highlight=minimee+resin

15. Thanks so much sistercuervo.
      I mean regular love head.
      I have a plan to buy Galahad head but still can't find most compatible body for him.
      ^_^

16. I have an Achernar, Judas ->
      [​IMG]

I really hate his body, for many reasons. I don't like the look, the strange back and well...it's not really good with posing, unless it's sueded. And you can't sit him down normal, the breast joint looks always weird D:

Elfkin...which color are the dikadoll hands? Because I thought about buying the double jointed 1/3 body for my Achernar.

17. Hi there !

I have a DIM Edmon and I totally love him C:
      And I really hate this body too ._.
      I'm still searching for a better one ( DoubleJoints and so on ) but I don't find any match with DIM 08 batch T_T
      *sigh*
      ( is anyone here, so tell me if you know any good match ! )

Here is my Edmon, Lucias c:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. can they stand on their own with the extra big feet?

19. Im thinking julien for my first boy. I ove his michievious face and those huge eyes.