1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angelheim Mini 1/4 doll Discussion: part 1

Dec 16, 2009

1. NEWS THREAD LINK

http://angelmaster.godohosting.com/juniorheim/LUKA-pan/LUKA-pan-01.jpg
      LUKA 'The Pan'

http://angelmaster.godohosting.com/juniorheim/CIEL/CIEL-knight-01.jpg
      CIEL 'The Knight'

http://angelmaster.godohosting.com/juniorheim/LUKA-werewolf/LUKA-werewolf-01.jpg
      LUKA 'The Wolf'

http://www.angelheim.com

Sooooo - see anything that looks familiar, cant put my finger on it but the styling is very uh... familiar? *muffled giggle*

The boys are rather cute though... I like Luka as a wolf.... but the knight > rofl *sniggering*

Soooooo your thoughts on this yeah???

Mod's note: This is now a discussion thread for Angelheim 1/4 mini dolls Junior Heim.

Angelheim Mini 1/4 doll Discussion Part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...-Mini-1-4-doll-Discussion&highlight=angelheim

Angelheim Mini 1/4 doll Discussion Part 2:

2. I wasn't aware they were a subsidiary! That makes so much sense. A way for the Soom folks to create/sell fantasy dolls without them being limiteds. Very, very slick. And I'm defiantely not complaining! lol

And yes...MSD hooved boy...do want. Can't get right now lol...but I definately want the little bugger.

3. Where did you see this information? :?

4. I don't think Angelheim has anything to do with Soom. And frnkly I waiting until next year to see if Soom does at long last sell some fantasy MSDs.

But as to these guys- they are nice. I would like better porportions on the goat legs though, they should be a little longer. And they look lumpy in a weird way. But They are still sorely tempting! I've been waiting for the Junior Angelheim hoping htey'd do soething exactly like this. But now that they have, I dunno, I'll be interested to see some owner pics.

5. I really love the fairy parts. How do you think, will they fit resinsoul or AngellStudio? Which companies have similar bodies? Sadly I do not like the body AngelHeim produce.

6. It's wonderful to finally see hooved minis! I've been wondering which company would heed the call first. :) He's a little cutie! I like the look of the hooves.

However, gotta say I'm pretty put out that they're hawking their ripoff of DoA's special edition right here on DoA...tacky.

7. I'm getting sick of people saying they copied this or they copied that. The 'Knight' outfit is not a ripoff of the LE DOA outfit. If you look at their other outfits, Zion's or Ventario's you'll see they already tend to do half shirts, and asymetric arm things.

Companies will watch what other companies are doing, not to 'copy' them, but to get an eye out for the market. There is obviouslly a demand for animal parts and thus they created/provided them. Going into an area that other companys have not capitalized on yet.

Wait, they have an animal head 'mask' thing, like Soom, but wait... Iplehouse has a very similuar panther head mask thing that is more like Io's then Angelheim's.

The only thing I see as a more direct copy of Soom would be the horns with the hooves. If they were doing a 'Pan' a Pan would tend to have short stubby fawn horns not ram horns. So they took inspiration and are playing on people's desires to have an MSD doll to match their SD sized dolls. If you don't like what they are doing, don't buy from them, but they are not copying. I mean copying is such a negative term in this hobby when copying tends to mean bootlegging, etc... which clearly they are not doing.

8. Mini hoofies! And I seem to be the lone layaway person that *didn't* have Soom cancel their Christmas Mecha Angel kit on them yet...I guess Sabik must be a lot less popular in the elf version or something.

I'm loving the mini-Abadon clothes. Regular Abadon was just too big and angular, and the armor too hard and resiny, but the color was perfect. How should they properly balance "It's been done before!" with "But people want *more* of it!", without simply supplying to meet demand as they seem to be doing?

As for Angelheim being part of Soom, perhaps it was confused with Angel Region?

9. I would dispute that.
      But you can't copyright clothing designs so it's a moot point.

Very cute MSDs. If they make a taloned MSD I am ALL over it <3

10. This is just funny - No one said it sucked and no one said boycott the company and wah wah wah :...( and YES IT IS A COPY... Gawd *points to the debate forum* Its over there.......

Back OT - I'd love to know if the magnets for the horns that were "allegedly stolen from Soom" :lol: are embeded in the headcap or separate for use on other dolls...? Anyone know?

Have to see what the fit is like for those Hooves - I'd LOVE a pair for my Yeondu!!!!

11. I took vampireanneke's statement to be along the lines of 'they're not selling bootleg copies, but are a legitimate company. You can discuss similarities, but words like stolen are taking it into a different context. I agree. If Soom does a Gorgon in the next few months, I suppose they will have 'stolen' it from Angelheim? Right. As to the clothes, everyone's entitled to an opinion, but that's all it will be. No one here on the forum can say they hadn't planned that outfit since, say, last summer, and were floored when Luts' LE came out. :huh?:

But as you said, on-topic, I actually own a Zion, and the magnets come in the skullcap of the doll, which is quite functional as far as I'm concerned. The snakes do hold up quite well, even to an accidental slip or two :sweat, and are lovely. I'd expect that level of quality from everything I get from Angelheim, and I assure you I'll be buying from them in the future, as my first experience was thoroughly good, and I like to speak frm experience. ;)

.hlp

12. I am really interested in acquiring a Ciel as my first doll, but I was wondering if the body measurements are going to make it difficult to find 3rd party outfits? (Particularly if I want to have him do any cross-dressing. XD)

You can see the measurements here: http://angelheim.com/shop/step1.php?number=614 I haven't done exhaustive research, but he seems a little thicker than some of the other bodies I've seen.

Any thoughts?

13. I rly want the hooves parts on my DOC too xD
      But they told me i'd have to do major modding to get them to fit D8
      which doesnt quite bother me , even though i haven't done it before XD
      I do alot of work with stuff similiar so i'm sure i can get them to work..but it worries me about the length difference and so on so fourth XD
      I'll prob get them this week anyways , just because it reflects my character so well xD
      But knowing that you'd have to mod them onto DOCs might be some valid info for some people XD

Stupid long legged boys XD why do they have to be so loveable?!

14. Actually that is valuable informaion for me as I'm waiting on the legs now for my DoC Ivan :) Same here in that they would suit his character so perfectly ad I've already modified this doll to hell in back I certainly don't mind a little more x3

I am curious though in what ways they'd need to be modded however-length difference? Would the hooves look 'short'? Just not fit in the socket correctly. Not exactly sure what you mean by that but hopefully it won't be too bad :)

15. yey! i'm glad i have somebody to relate to XD
      Well i could imagine that the doll's leg will be shorter, and the top leg part might actually be longer than the lower leg xD
      because of the length difference in between DOCS and angleheims xD
      I'm not sure how different it'd look or off xD
      I'm sure it won't be bad either ways, they only have around a 6 cm difference
      They told me i'd have to do some serious sanding to get the legs to fit xD
      They didn't tell my on which, and told me i'd better be ready for it
      I doubt it's anything too crazy, but they seemed REALLY concerned about it... which worried me a bit xD
      If the DOC legs aren't too small for the actual hoof part , i'd prob just make the extra socket in the back of the legs that the hooves need to make my doll taller xD
      I plan on buying them either way XD

16. I could prob do them both xD but i bet sanding would be better too x.o

yea D8 the 6 cm concerned me too, i hope it won't turn out to be a huge horrible difference xD
      Yea D8 you should totally tell me how they turn out!
      I'd order them now but paypal is sooo sloow with transitions and it's still confirming my acc xD
      What resin colour did you order them in? C:
      I'm not familiar with angelheim's normal resin, so i was thinking of getting the lighter resin and blushing it :o

17. That's odd, I just measured my DoC's leg and it's only 22cm long, not 26cm as the DoD website states. I wonder if this is because he has the old boy body rather than the new one which might be taller. Either way that certainly makes me feel better since now the difference might not be as off xD

And I ordered my hooves in normal resin, but it didn't really concern me too much about the resin matching since my boy has been airbrushed gray and I'll be dyeing the hooves to match :) But I think in your case going with the lighter and blushing it to match is a good idea:) Hopefully you get to order your soon!