Additional Rules for Official Dealers and Company Reps
We're very excited to have company representatives on the forum; this is a great way for our members to get accurate information on products and services.
If you are are representing a company you must abide by additional rules:
- If you sell through an online shop or company website, you cannot post sales threads in the Marketplace subforums for your shop or company's stock. The Marketplaces are for individual sales, not company or dealer sales. We ask that you conduct your sales offsite using your company's website or your personal email.
- Specific questions about individual orders should be handled through PM or taken offsite. Answering general questions about your products in threads is fine.
- Do not push sales in every post that you make. For example, there is no reason for dealers to post in Incoming Doll threads or Waiting Room threads unless they themselves are waiting for a doll. We are a doll community, not a shopping mall. If you would like advertisement, we sell banner space.
- Post a thread in News to announce a new release, special promotion, or a limited/highly irregular pre-order period.
Discussion threads about a release should be focused on the doll, not the companies that sell it. Even if you start the discussion thread, it is not "your" thread. It is not about you or your sales. Buying questions will come up and you are welcome to answer them, but please do not restate the same information because people are not reading the thread; again, take order-specific questions to PM or offsite.
- If you are having a contest, please announce it in News, but take submissions offsite via email or through your company's website. Contest discussion threads can be started in the News/Event Chat subforum, but the News forum is strictly for announcements, not discussion.
- Use the correct terminology for the company you are representing. For example, unless you work for Volks, you are not selling "MSDs" or "SDs." This both avoids confusion and respects the original trademark holder.
Finally, if you are an official dealer or shop, please feel free to post your link to the shops and dealers link thread.
Den of Angels does not insure or guarantee transactions against loss, damage, or theft; the forum administration will not arbitrate or act as a third party in any transaction and will not be held responsible for the outcome of any transaction.
In the event of forum software issues, loss of access, or member removal from Den of Angels, the forum is not liable for loss of customer data or other negative consequences to business or reputation. All dealers should maintain offsite backups of business-related correspondence and a secondary method of communication with customers.