1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Soom Mecha Angel Sabik Elf discussion...

Oct 26, 2007

1. Anyone going for him? I'm thinking seriously about this one. The size throws me, but oh my... :sweat

2. I wish I could get him or Vega for that matter, but I have other plans, I would love to see what you do with him if you do get him....it's the clothes that will be hard to find, but I am sure someone here could make some.

3. I don't have plans to get him, because I already have Cyborg Sabik. But, oy, he threw me for a loop, too. *laugh* I had to remind myself that he's just a Sabik with pointy ears...and optional white skin...*sigh* gotta mind that. I don't need a whole slew of Sabiks in my crew.

4. I absolutely LOVE the elf version.
      I ordered the regular version of him though. I'm always iffy on elf ears especially since I cosplay all my dolls.
      I would rather him not have the elf ears then if I want them mod him. Much easier to add ears then to take away if I don't like lol.

I'm sure ill be kicking myself after seeing owner pics of the elf lol.

5. I'm starting to really want a white elf Sabik now. -_- The questions at the bottom of the elf Sabik page seem to indicate that he's coming back again in December. I hope so.

6. I hope they keep offering him, I would love to get the elf instead of regular for Kashak, but I'm not going to be getting him for a while. I have two stories I've started grabbing the main characters from already, I am not starting a third till I'm through with them. But, oh, the elf Sabik is lovely.

I need a better job.

7. I think tbh with Sabik people are worried of size but its more problem of finding clothes and if you carry him around alot in cons he might be a bit heavy. But otherwise a lvoely doll...I really want a WS Elf but I am holding out untill I don't have a headless girl body to give a head to and a head to buy and a body for it too :sweat BUT HE IS SO MUCH LOVE! :D Someone please buy him I need to see owner pics ;_;

8. There are far more Sabik clothes than there are Vega clothes, and quite a bit of buzz about her. I think for this month, the pretty lady just stole the thunder. *laugh* If they ever come out with an Elf Vega, I may possibly be in big trouble.

I think for the last two days, I've been doing nothing but singing praises to Mecha Angel, with a friend who recently got a Corvi. They're really quite fantastic to own, and for the right person, not overwhelming at all.

I wonder if Elf Sabik has the same general ear shape as any other Soom Elf? They don't clearly show the ears, and that's a bit of a bummer...

9. I was planning to get one next year but i see that they stop offering these at the end of this year TVT 80 cm...I'd luv to get one, it's exactly the size that attracts me XD

10. They are? >< Where did you read that? I thought I'd read all the relevant Mecha Angel bits on the Soom site...

11. wait, which info do you want to hear where I read it from? the height, or the deadline?

regarding the date, here's one of the official replies from the company when someone asked, on the website, if this doll was limited:

He will be available for fallowing FFD:
      (2007)October/December
      FFD is from 15th to 19th every monthes.

and as regarding to the height I just heard from a friend who bought a normal Sakib, but I'm assuming the elf is just as tall TVT (love!)

12. Aaah, ok, you were reiterating what I had already said, then. *nods* I thought at first, you were saying that Mecha Angel will be discontinued, which worried me. I quite love my Sabik, and I'm enjoying all the versions of him that are coming out.

13. lol I doubt they'd completely discontinue the whole mecha angel series XD I think it's one of their major selling points and am really looking forwards to seeing what they can come up with next year ^^

14. Have any of you guys ordered an Elf Sabik? I wanted to get a Sabik and mod him to have elf ears so I really want the elf version but I can not afford to buy him now. I also just fell in love with Vega; can't get either of them now:evil: ..:atremblin ...:...(
      I just wanted to know if we will be seeing owner pics of either of them within the next few months:)

15. So, I happened to visit the Soom page for the Elf Sabik today, and in bold at the bottom of the page, they said that Elf Sabik would be back in the February FFD.

I thought someone might be interested in that tidbit...I know I appreciate the extra bit of pondering time.

16. Does anyone know if Soom plan to keep going with the Elf Sabik? I have always liked the Sabik sculpt, but have managed to resist so far (he looks a wee bit too much like Jamie Lee Curtis). However, with white skin AND elf ears, I can hold back no longer. But, I can't justify buying yet another doll just now and would like to hold back for a while (if I can summon the will power).

I have posted a question in their Q&A but am not too hopeful of a straightforward response (having read the response to a similar question about the standard Sabiks. Evasive was not the word for it!).

17. Hello all! I have one Sabik, the original Mecha Angel, and after a seller backed out on selling me hers. (Grrrrrr) I have decided to get the Elf one. If you are pondering one, I suggest getting one. They are stunning dolls, and while they are a bit floppy, they are just lovely! And a great workout when carrying them around at meets!

18. Update on schedules. I posted a question on the Q&A forum and got this response

"Elf Sabik is scheduled to release at next FFD.
      And we don't have any other confirmed plan now...
      But It will be last FFD until June.
      It's not confirmed plan yet. so the schedule can be changed.
      And we don't know whether we will offer Elf Sabik from July to December.

And if there's any updated news, will inform you by posting on notice board.
      "

So, it looks as though he is confirmed for Feb and possibly for June, but they are not prepared to commit themselves to more than that.

So, good luck all! As for me, having seen kazezakura's beautiful Junya next to my chap, I decided that he is not for me. He makes my 70cm guy look like a midget! Oh well. I shall continue to admire from a distance...

19. Does anyone know when they will be putting them onsale? I've decided to get one... Didn't I already say that? Probably. I need a nap.

20. I have really fallen for Vega. Her size is a bit daunting but I can get round that.