1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Angell Studio KiD 1/4 Discussion Part 1

Jun 20, 2007

1. #1 ravendolls, Jun 20, 2007
      Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2018
    2. Are there any nude body photos? The girls look very small-waisted (or very large-busted).

On 7/20 they go back to the normal price of 1060 yuan. And you may not be able to just convert the yuan cost to dollars to know the US price. I don't know if Chinese companies have to pay export fees or for some other reason have to charge more to foreign countries, but the dollar prices for Chinese companies' products are sometimes higher than the Chinese price converted to dollars.

Found measurements:
      Dimensions : GIRL
      身高:43cmHeight : 43cm
      头围:19cmTau Wai : 19cm
      颈围:7cmNeck : 2-7
      肩宽:9cmShoulder Width : 9cm
      臂长:12cmArm length : 12cm
      臂围:5.5cmArm Wai : cm
      胸围:18cmBrassieres : dramatically
      腰围:12.5cmWC : 12.5cm
      腰臀距:1.2cmWaist distance : 1.2 cm
      臀围:19cmHip : 19cm
      背长:9cmLong dorsal : 9cm
      大腿围:10cmThigh circumference : 10cm
      小腿围:7cmLeg Circuit : 2-7
      腿长:21cmUncoordinated : ARM
      脚长:5cmFeet long : 5cm

Carolyn

3. Oh you too, eh? I have a serious weakness for teeth....O_o
      Why is that? XD

As for price... I guess it would be interesting to compare the Chinese Yuan price of Monica and Cain to the 1/4 dolls... Didn't the Monica and Cain sets sell for like 600 USD for the pair of them via WaWa Station? I guess I'd better get off my duff and go look...

*EDIT* I looked and it said 510 USD for the pair *without* makeup. And I think (if I read the site correctly) it said 110 USD for makeup on the pair. I couldn't find the shipping price though.

*EDIT #2* On the Chinese website it says 1580 Yuan for Cain, Monica is 1550. Or well there's a number there that I'm assuming is the price. Yes, I am such a brainiac. ^_~

*EDIT #3* (LOL) xe says 1580 Yuan is 210 USD.

*EDIT #4* (Last one I promise) Okay so according to my probably quite faulty math, and comparing to the prices of the 1/3rd BJD via Wa Wa Station, my guess is the 1/4 AS kids will be about 200 USD each (without shipping)? That would be a steal, really!

Raven

4. My Monica was very nice quality too. No seamlines and very pretty. Her knees are unusual in how they lock, but I've come to grow used to that. And the HANDS were just stunning. I hope they're as nice on the 1/4 dolls.

I will take some time to say that I DID have some issues when I ordered my Monica, though. They shipped the set of two that me and my friend ordered to the wrong person, and sent us that person's Cain instead. The reimbursed us for shipping to get our dolls to the right place after the fact, though. And the stringing was also REALLY loose. The first thing me and my friend had to do was restring our dolls. It was so bad that my friend's doll's head wouldn't stay on, it was just that loose.

Hopefully the company has resolved those problems by now, though. I REALLY like these 1/4 girls, and want to order myself one...

5. Is 18cm really big for 1/4 girls' busts? Cuz Vera looks... busty for a 1/4 girl, or maybe it's just the photo ><

6. The Dollzone girls have a bust measurement of 18cm. The MNFs have a bust measurement of 17cm. Angel of Dream girls have a bust measurement of 19cm. So Vera isn't outside the normal range for a more mature 1/4 scale girl. :)

7. Elf dolls? :o Whoo, can't wait! I really really really like the body sculpt, and the way their resin glows. Is that French resin?

8. Yep~ French resin~

9. @tyviris - thanks soooooooooo much for the comparisons!!! great help!!! and you also mention the knee joint problem... gosh, it's worst for the boy body? *face-palm* oh dear!!! wait, as far as i can see you must have gotten the normal skin colour similar to Volks right? anyway, congrats on the girls!!! ^_^

10. LadyKnight - You're welcome and thank you thank you for the comments.:) The normal skin colour matches volks really really well to the point that I'm considering buying another girl body in the future just in case I get a rolling volks msd head. Hopefully these minis won't be discontinued anytime soon.

WingedGoddess - Eh?! The SDs had the same problems too? I didn't know that. I'm kinda sad that they didn't fix these problems either now. I hope they fix these problems in their future dolls.

11. Thank you all for the sweet comments!

I am so happy with her. It is time she gets her own body and clothes soon.
      I hope the website gets open soon, so you all can get these cuties.

Yep, the eyes are Dollmore F10 16mm. I ordered them special for Vera :D They are the most energetic acryles eyes I know. But these eyes comes in high domes only and I feel they won't fit very well. I sometimes have to be careful placing them without you get a peek in her head.:lol:

And it looks like she matches the Latidoll resin on the pictures. Well, both are very light skintones. The lighting in my room and my camera can't capture it. Even my eyes sometimes thinks it matches. :lol: I would say a 80% match.

@ LadyKnight: I hope to get some comparison pics on 18 August. I'm going to meet a bunch of fellow country members. Good news is that one DoD owner told me that it looks like it would match :D

12. I have a few questions, hopefully someone here can help me. @__@ Does anyone know what "Extinction to protect for body (include head)" option means? It's under blushing, but I don't know how that would protect it.

Second, in the cart it says "The order can offset score:338;Offset Rate:2 Your Score:0. Enter the offset score:". What does that mean?

Lastly, I'm not sure what my shipping area is- I'm in Toronto. I tried searching to avail.

Sorry about all the newbie questions, this is going to be my first doll purchase. ^^;

13. They mention in their Doll Care Guide that the "extinction spray" is a protective coating. :) Don't know about the other questions, though.

14. @fishiestix - awesome! i've been wondering what that meant too and thought that it might be a special coating... but why would they want another coating if they've the UV coat already? would that be something like MSC?

15. In the "Extinction to protect for body (include head)" option, Extinction is a kind of method to tend and protect the body which will keep the body from degradation. Or we can say to slow down the degradation of the body.

"The order can offset score:338;Offset Rate:2 Your Score:0. Enter the offset score:". This is a system for earning your score which can used to change for goods! If you order the products through your ID on the website, you will earn some score which differs with different products. The socre would be useful!

I hope my answer could help you!~

16. I got the DoC skintone^^ Yeah, the AoD are realy more mature sculpted. :lol: I think gus fits more a boyish body. I found the girl body a bit to small for my Vera head. :lol:

17. Good luck with her arrival too.

Unfortunately one of my Veras came with a large scratch under her nose. Thankfully, I was planning to sand my Veras noses eitherway so I didn't really mind the damage. This may be bad news for people who do mind though.

After hearing about your experience with Angell-Studio, I'm sure the company would've handled my Vera's situation well if I did report it though.

18. I think my vera head came from the same batch as yours. She got that scratch under the nose too, but it is barly noticable. It looks like a hair got in the mold or something. I didn't report it either as I said, it is not disturbing. She got a very light skintone and with a faceup you won't see a thing ^^. I only saw the scratch when I was inspecting her nose holes :lol:

19. My Vera is great, so far. I love the way she poses -- MUCH better than the AS Monica does. I was worried about disliking her, but I've found myself quite happy so far.

They didn't glue her eyes in, but then again, I didn't order a faceup, so that may have something to do with it. As for the scent, she has a faint vanilla scent...... Personally, I like it better than the resin smell.
      At first I thought her stringing was a little looser than I like, but now that I've gotten used to it, it's actually perfect -- She poses well without being too terribly floppy. And the quality of the string itsself is much better than it was in my AS Monica.

Still no pics up, yet, though, I want to finish her faceup first and put her back together.

One thing I'll say, though: Her resin does NOT match Volks'. That's ok with me, really, because I bought a full doll and don't need a perfect match, but it may not be so cool for someone hoping to buy just a head or body.....

20. winged goddess > could it be that the resin colour doesn't match cos one is french and one is urethane?

and looks like others vera are posing better than mine XD I love her, but her knees buckle backwards a bit too easily, and her waist keeps snapping backwards and bites my hand ;-; hotglue sueding helped just a bit >w<