Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Clothing for Volks SD16 girls?

Yes I did, thank you. There are some more pictures in the knitting circle thread.

Bit of an odd question here, but can anyone here tell me what the fingertip-to-fingertip measurement of an SD16 girl with arms outstretched would be? I'm making a little surprise for a friend and need to know this to properly determine the size: I've found listings online for shoulder width and arm length, but the charts don't say if arm length is just shoulder-to-wrist or includes the hands as well...
    At home: Ammy-chan (DZ white fox), Pualani (IH Swan Lake Cocori) and Kamalei (IH gentle Lt. Cocori), Rosaleen (tanning FR 43cm Narae), and Nasir (IH Noctarcana Circus Kamau)

With One Bright Star~* idrisfynn's Avatar
    Smilla - I'm getting 21.5in. I was measuring on a soft surface so I hope that's accurate enough!
    Last edited by idrisfynn; 08-11-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks so much, idrisfynn! This garment isn't the sort of thing that requires absolute laser precision in measurement, so that's perfectly fine.

(Please forgive my deliberate vagueness here...I don't want to say anything specific enough that it might tip off the recipient and ruin the surprise if they see this post. )
    At home: Ammy-chan (DZ white fox), Pualani (IH Swan Lake Cocori) and Kamalei (IH gentle Lt. Cocori), Rosaleen (tanning FR 43cm Narae), and Nasir (IH Noctarcana Circus Kamau)

After i got my Ami Ayase i tried allot of things on her

Musedoll clothes fit really well

Victorias handmade clothes are incredible and fit sd16

And this dress from unknown maker
    Last edited by prince_of_the_netherworld; 08-26-2009 at 07:57 AM.

I was actually looking for measurements for the Sd16 girl when I came across this thread - I also found the database for size comparison etc.
    According to the charts - the Domuya large fem body is pretty close as is Soom Super Gem girl body. Does anyone have any experience with either of these - eg - would Domuya clothing - or the Soom Super Gem girl clothing fit the SD16?
    Last edited by Meredith; 09-05-2009 at 05:58 PM.
    Web Page: http://www.justshining.com.au

"Calm down, Maston," said Mr. Barbicane. "I merely said it was impossible. I never said we wouldn’t find a way to do it."

it would depend on what the garment was - in a fitted top - most likely not, the bust position is different even though very close to the same size. The Soom Super Gem would be the better fit of the two but the SD 16 has a very small waist. Her hips are closer to the Rainey girls in size.
    CathyJ>^..^<
    Life: Living One Crisis At A Time

I read this thread from the very beginning to the end and only found this tidbit about Dollfie Dream Clothes fitting SD16 girls.

I e-mailed Volks USA and this was the answer they gave me:

Thank you for contacting us.

We can't say for sure whether or not the DD Lingerie Box sets
    will fit SD16 Girl. If they are stretchy they will go on, but it is up to you to decide whether or not you feel the fit is right.

Thank you for your understanding.

Does anyone in here know if Dollfie Dream Lingerie from Volks fit SD16 girls?

I'm really curious because I want some pretty lingerie for my Lizzie.

Thanks for your help!

In Love w/ Dolly Cuteness Midori's Avatar
    I only know that DD panties can work on SD16s. Not sure with the tops. More than half the time, they don't fit. It's a hit or miss.

I've tried some Dollmore Model doll clothes on my girl, it's a loose fit, but I like it.

Has anyone tried Iplehouse EID Women clothing on a Volks SD16? IH is coming out with some cute stuff I would love to get for my girls...

Quote Originally Posted by mclamm7 View Post
    Has anyone tried Iplehouse EID Women clothing on a Volks SD16? IH is coming out with some cute stuff I would love to get for my girls...
    As much as I wish they could share clothes I really don't think they can. I've seen a voluptuous Jessica in person and she's much bigger than my SD16 girls.

A look at a measurement comparison:

SD16
    Bust: 25.5cm
    Waist:17cm
    Hip:26.5cm
    Arm:19cm

EID
    Bust: Large size : 32cm : Medium size : 29.5cm
    Waist: 21 cm
    Hip: 32 cm
    Arm: 20.2 cm

Based on those measurements I'm thinking the EID clothes won't look good on SD16s.

Not yet pictured: Chirin (Yo-SD Jun Tachibana) and SDGr Jun Tachibana

I've got some EID dresses - to fit SD16 they really needed to be totally resewed(
    All my beauties soon will be with me)
    My signature was toooooo long

given the vast differences in measurements - I seriously doubt the EID garments would fit the SD 16 gals. I can do some trying on tomorrow but I think it would be pointless
    CathyJ>^..^<

As i just received my 16KIRA, i would like to find some shoes for her,especially high heels~
    Does anyone know how model doll's / EID's / LEEKE's heel shoes fit with 16's high heel parts?
    Could they stand well?
    and how those shoes fit with 16's flat part?

thx^^
    Last edited by mikome; 01-22-2010 at 02:54 PM.

the SD16 flat feet are quite small - mine wear regular SD sized shoes with her flat feet.

I have only used Volks heels when her heel legs are on
    CathyJ>^..^<

Quote Originally Posted by mikome View Post
    As i just received my 16KIRA, i would like to find some shoes for her,especially high heels~
    Does anyone know how model doll's / EID's / LEEKE's heel shoes fit with 16's high heel parts?
    Could they stand well?
    and how those shoes fit with 16's flat part?

thx^^
    I did some research when I first got my Ami Ayase that suggested that Leeke heels are too shallow an angle and that Model Doll shoes are too long for the foot to fit securely, I believe... Aside from the Volks high heels, I found a pair of heels from mimiwoo on eBay that fit perfectly and allow my girl to stand without any problems at all
    Ilú . Aulen . Dee . Ysiri . Sharakti . Inkali . Ke'jadiannyé . Thiio . Linh-li . Zack
    Ke'yaki . Eishé . Li . Isla . Ikikuna . Ellany . Amnu . Étienne . Ix . David . Séharusnnyé

+ The God in the Web : my dolls' LJ + | + My dolls' family tree +

I've read on this thread an others that the Model Doll shoes are too long to fit the SD16 high heeled feet, but looking at Dollmore's website it looks like their high heeled shoes have different lengths - everything from 10cm to 8cm long - so do some Model Doll shoes fit well? Because an 8cm long shoe seems like it should fit.

Edit: Nevermind! I get it - obviously it's because of the different slants of some of the shoes - a higher angle would cause the shoes length to measure shorter - derrrrrrrr.... :P
    Last edited by Babyatrix; 04-12-2010 at 06:15 PM.

In Columbus,ohio we had a Doll show today,so I was able to try shoes on my Ruby,without buying them.
    Here's what fit and didn't fit:
    Didn't fit..can't get her foot pass the first strap....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Shoes-Boots-1-3-...item2559e6687f
    Did fit and she can stand in them
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Shoes-Boots-1-3-...item53e064bd1f
    Doesn't fit...Her foot went in fine but the boot wouldn't zip-up pass her calf..
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-Dollfie-SD...item53dec11b8e
    post:201 and 213... they fit,but she can't stand..they are big..
    http://www.denofangels.com/forums/sh...D-woman/page11

I hope this helps..
    Last edited by mymy; 04-18-2010 at 04:41 PM.

Dollmore has a few outfits that fit my SD16.

http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=6962

http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=6834

http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=6833

http://www.dollmore.net/shop/step1.php?number=6497

all the outfit are made out of elastic cloth.,They aren't form fitting,but the price is right