1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Luts Baby Delf - 40cm

Oct 7, 2015

1. I think there are enough dolls now in this "SD's child" scale it needs some kind of special name XD

Luts Baby Delf measurements

Possible clothing sharing - see similar-ish sized doll measurements:
      Volks DearSD (their discussion thread)
      Rosenlied Holiday's Child Measurements
      Dollmore Mokashura measurements (see bottom of page)

Luts has pictures of the Baby Delf body on their website, and their first two girls: Daisy and Rose.
      They are listed as an unlimited release but probably won't be available on the web until after the dollshow they are premiering at here in a few days.

I hope they offer the Baby Delfs in the various tan resins they offer for their other lines. I really like Rose!

#1 Sarako, Oct 7, 2015
      Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    2. Adorable giant babys! Both those girls are so beautiful. I adore Daisy's face.
      I wonder what the pricing for them will be like.

3. Luts' answer to Volks DearSD is quite adorable! In particular, I love the first, dramatic faceup on Rose. I look forward to their (hopefully) basic release.:D

4. I've been wanting to have this kind of doll, chubby minis. :D
      And I love Daisy with the Make Up B. :)

But I'm a bit worried, reading from Luts' twitter post, are they having problem with Rosenlied ?

Or they're working together with Rosenlied to release Baby Delf ?
      Just like previously they worked with Cerberus Project and released Delf ?

I can't read Korean, so if anyone can enlight me... :doh

5. Thanks for interest to our BABY DELF. :D

At first, we didn't work with Rosenlied. But they said we did copy their doll.

But you can see the table of first write, it's size is different. Even it can't compatibility each head.

And we have our joint parts system for easy to make pose and more movement.

(You can see picture here - http://www.eluts.com/shop/step1.php?number=9312)

So now our develop team of Baby delf have a plan to go to their company and for make sure this misunderstand.

We already apply to visit there and we will open all of story about this problem.

This is the story.

6. These Baby Delfs are so adorable! I am in love with Rose in particular. The only thing that bothers me a little is their hands, but then again, they're babies and the hands are really supposed to look like that :XD:

7. Oh my, thank you so much for the explanation~ :D

I hope everything will be solved peacefully~ :hug:

8. I don’t know much neither, but below is what I read on twitter..

For few days lots of Korean customers impeached LUTS on twitter with the copying of Holiday dolls. That is why several artists of Rosenlied mentioned baby delf on twitter and satirically said that they also thought that those sculpts looks like from rosen-lied when they first saw the photo of babydelf.
      Luts denied the rising issue(copying holiday) and asked rosen-lied to meet with them and wanted to compare the sculpts and size(they used the word “fact-checking” although). Rosen lied answered that that kinds of way(meeting for fact-checking) is unprecedentedly beyond to resolve the conflict.
      Most of Koreans don’t think luts copied the sculpts. However, they thought that the concept and idea of the brand are quite similar with Holiday dolls and obviously influenced by. Under the Korean copyright law, similarity of just “concept” and “idea” will not be a matter. Luts may knew this and therefore, asked them to meet and check the size. That is why lust are culpable of this issue.

9. @Nyoon'z
      Oh thank you so much for your help ! :)
      I should admit, that Dollmore's Lusion & Trinity have similar features as well, just different in size.
      But overall, I don't think it's the exact ~ same dolls. *_*

And I think the Baby Delf is a bit chubbier than Holiday ? :XD:
      I wonder if Luts will have a comparison between Baby, Model & Kid Delf.
      Guess Baby is the chubbiest ahahah... :D

I would love to have both and make them sister~ :)

10. I wonder if DearSD raised a fuss too...? I had thought of all these lines as going back to the original ball jointed antique dolls. It's not really a new concept for anyone - there have been SD size dolls (and the Lusion/Trinity at the BIG end of scale) styled and jointed to look like those single jointed antique dolls too.

There's really only so many ways you can style and joint what's essentially supposed to be a large child. (the Dollmore Mokashura owners have been pretty creative there though) Though I hope Luts continues to think up ways to incorporate posing aids while maintaining the aesthetics - I like what they've done with their other lines there.

Can you tell us the preferred eye size for the new girls? :)

11. @Sarako
      My exact thought, honestly... because everyone is having this peanut joints, and now it's back to the concept of ball joints... but I think maybe the size that makes people comparing to each other ? I wonder if people also talking about this when Volks release DearSD, but perhaps... this happens because they're big & famous Korean companies ? *_*

Anyway, I really love both Luts and Rosenlied, I hope they will have a nice chat about this and solved everything in friendly way. :) I can't wait to see more photos from owners that get the Baby Delf at Shanghai event. :XD:

I will be waiting for comparison photo as well, ah the agony... :lol:

12. Why does this kind of drama have to happen every time doll companies decide to go in similar directions with their new release doll sculpts? It happened originally with Volks and the appearance of other BJD brands, pear-shaped dolls, and now "baby" SDs. When a particular aesthetic becomes popular with collectors, multiple companies will capitalize on this interest. You can't corner a market in doll body-shape.:/

Anyway, the more I look at Rose, the more I love her!:D I guess I'll have to start saving.:aheartbea

13. Pretty much my thoughts too.

I like this newly popular size, and I'm more likely to be able to get a body this size for an existing (Volks) head from Luts than waiting for the DearSD bodies to be come easily available, AND having some choice of companies is a good thing - especially when it comes to there being a variety of clothes available for them, so hopefully a few more companies will expand their range into this size too.

Teddy

14. I am sorry for this interruption, but I'm a staff of Rosen lied and on behalf of the company,
      I would like to add little details to prevent any misunderstanding that might have been caused.

First of all, to be clear, Rosen Lied never made any official comments about babydelf saying that it is a copy of Holiday doll.
      Luts and Rosen Lied both received many contacts from BJD owners from Korea and also owners from worldwide about babydelf.
      Many owners are giving several opinions to both companies and also showing their opinions enthusiastically through sns.
      Thus, this matter got bigger and Luts contacted Rosenlied's official twitter that they would like to meet us.

This matter is still in process and I wish for the best outcome for both Luts and RosenLied.

#14 LiNi, Oct 8, 2015
      Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    15. I think it's certainly good to be aware of what's going on, and on DoA/in the English speaking parts of the BJD community, the conversations happening in other communities can pass by without notice simply because of the language barrier. I do think we've seen the trend happen before in the BJD community where a new size crops up and people do have very strong opinions!

I am really excited to see comparison photos with pretty much anything haha. I'd like to see how Baby Delf does look with the other SD's-child scale dolls just to see if they look nicely with one another as complements and not out of scale (I am very picky about scale in my own collection), but it would be really cute to see Baby Delfs with the Delf/Senior Delf/SSDF lines and I imagine those pictures will arrive first XD

edit: and added the Mokashura to the table for comparison of body measurements/eyeing clothes swaps! Looks like dresses might work depending on the cut of the dress style, since Mokashura hips are rather larger.

16. Daisy are so cute<3 Can't wait to see more of these :)

17. I am not sure whether or not this conversation is and will be gently processed. Because lots of holiday doll's fans are quite angry about not only this issue but also the response of Luts! and more strongly blame them for copy of holiday dolls.
      I saw the several photos of detail sculpts and thought that style of them are really similar. General opinion also consider this as the copying of styles even in the detail parts. If this conversation finish in a moderate way, It will be an exceptional in the industry.

18. I suppose fans will be fans. They will make accusatory comparison photos, rant, rave, kick and scream, point fingers, and harass. But, in the end, the only ones who get to decide whether the dolls are released are the companies. And, in the majority - if not all the historic cases - the drama eventually blew over and it was back to people who loved the dolls peacefully sharing and discussing them.

Personally, I'm not going to bother keeping up with the drama in Korea. It is an unnecessary stress. Instead, I will look forward to Luts' release of their lovely new line!:)

19. Iv'e always wanted a Bjd that was Msd sized but had the features of a large baby! She looks so precious and I would love to buy her with an outfit similar to the ones in the photo. Now the hard part is deciding if I should cave and get a baby delf or a volks girl... So many choices... :)

20. :D How adorable!! If I win the lottery I would love to have a Baby Delf.