1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

SoulDoll Soul-Little 1/6 Discussion Part 1

Jun 6, 2006

1. Metel, in particular. I've been told that the mini gem Uyoo shoes won't fit, nor will obitsu shoes.
      Does anyone know if there's a brand of doll shoes out there that will fit?

.....Mod Notes.....

This is a discussion for SoulDoll Soul Little size 1/6 dolls 28cm or about 11 inches tall.

Company Website:
      http://www.souldoll.com/index.php

Kimmy, Jandi, Vivi, and Metel.

Metel measurements:
      - Doll (This doll has a double jointed body)
      Eyeball (size: 6mm)
      - skin : normal skin
      - height : 28 cm (11 inch)
      - head circumference : 3.8 inch
      - shoulder width : 5.5cm
      - bust : 13 cm
      - waist : 8 cm
      - hip : 13.2 cm
      - neck circumference : 4.6cm
      - length to fingertip from shoulder :10.5cm
      - foot : 3 cm

Jandi Measurements
      - Body : New double jointed body
      - Skin : normal skin
      - Height : 27.5 cm (11 inch)
      - Head circumference : 3.8 inch
      - eyeball (size: 6mm)
      - Shoulder width : 5cm
      - Bust : 12.5 cm
      - Waist : 8 cm
      - Hip : 12 cm
      - neck circumference : 4.5cm
      - foot : 2.5 cm

[Info] KimmY (Male)
      - skin : normal skin
      - height : 29 cm (about 12 inch)
      - head circumference : 4.2 inch
      - shoulder width : 6cm
      - bust : 11.8 cm
      - waist : 9.1 cm
      - hip : 12 cm
      - neck circumference : 4.8cm
      - length to fingertip from shoulder :11cm
      - eye : 6mm

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?77058-Torin-s-debute(Soullittle-Kimmy-Tiny)
      Wearing (Mattel) Ken clothing

Comparing SoulDoll Soul Little Metel with SoomDoll Uyoo:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...ittle-1-6-Metel-compared-to-Soomdoll-Uyoo-1-6

SoulDoll Soul-Little Discussion Part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...lDoll-Soul-Little-1-6-Discussion-Part-1/page2

2. From the photos I've seen, Ken clothes are really too big. Bratz Boyz pants look like they'd be too short.
      what fits? Barbie jeans? Ken shoes?
      any better ideas?
      If you have one and have photos, I'd love to see them while I wait for mine (few days) to get here.
      :hamster:
      vicki

3. I second the suggestion for Barbie clothes. Sometimes jeans issued several years ago will be plainer than the current glittery incarnations. Generic fashion doll clothes for 11.5" female dolls may also be a good source for clothing without violent neon or yucky patterns.

--MW

4. The Ken clothing I managed to get my hands on were just so wide on him, and the pants weren't long enough, so I had to resort to making him some.

http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77058

I think the Ken jackets look fine when they are layered on something else... and I need to readjust the pants to fit his bits better (I'm so used to smaller bits on my tinies... His are defintely quite nice *blush*. ) Ken shoes are huge and will require some bulky socks but with pants look pretty decent!

Anyone have Licca or blythe sneakers to try on him? (or on a Metel since they have the exact same feet?)

5. o: I have a metel ( just arrived today too! x3 ) She fits into most barbie clothes. I haven't any shoes yet on her... because none I own fit. ;-;

6. I've found a few barbie pants that fit and some tops. I don't mind him looking a little girly. He's such a pretty boy! As soon as I get some shoes I'll post a few comparison shots

7. Aphrodite can't fit into most barbie pants because souldoll metel's have a large butt. XD

Aph: >>;

8. Discussion for this news:

9. If it is the usual mini gem girl body like Metel's, they cannot wear Barbie shoes. Metel had 3cm slim feet and was hard to find shoes for.

Wait - Jandi's body is different - she should be able to wear some Blythe shoes. Also she is a cm shorter and has slightly smaller bust and hips than Metel.

Jandi
      -----
      - Body : double jointed body
      - Skin : normal skin
      - Height : 27.5 cm (11 inch)
      - Head circumference : 3.8 inch
      - Shoulder width : 5cm
      - Bust : 12.5 cm
      - Waist : 8 cm
      - Hip : 12 cm
      - neck circumference : 4.5cm
      - foot : 2.5 cm

Metel
      -----
      - height : 28 cm (11 inch)
      - head circumference : 3.8 inch
      - shoulder width : 5.5cm
      - bust : 13 cm
      - waist : 8 cm
      - hip : 13.2 cm
      - neck circumference : 4.6cm

Her face is adorable. But I would like her with a smaller bust. And less clothes! She is really overpowered by that dress and wig.

Carolyn

10. I'd like this thread to be a clearing house of information, gossip and news for all things Metel (Jandi & Vivi too!)! Post pics of your finds, recent purchase. What works and what didn't.​

Like many of you, I was attracted to Metel because of her size. For the playability factor but also so I'd have a use for the HUNDREDS of Barbie outfits I still had!​

I've RE named my girl Bria (named for a character from Piers Anthonys Xanthe) and she is a basic Metel. Here's my girl:​

[​IMG]

11. She poses OK. She needs to be wired/sueded (and will be). She's rather kicky right now, but can stand for short periods and hold some non-stressy poses.

I took ALOT of "posing" pics, and rather than SPAM the thread, I'll post a link to them: Bria posing

I'm not a very creative "poser", but I tried to run her through her paces. let me know if you'd like to see something else.

She's such a pretty girl! The next photo shoot will be of her and Vadne (Soom Aren), but not comparison pics, just pics!

12. I too have a Metel with the older body ( by choice! ). She can pose decently, and alot of "wider" barbie clothes fit her. Due to her large bottom and larger chest!

Now I wonder, I bough at pair of shoes for her, and I hope they fit. -waits paitently for the mail- ;B

13. I've joined the A Doll a Day group on Flickr, so I'm hunting out some of the dolls I haven't played with in a while. One of them is my Soul Little Jandi, with the new double-jointed body. Here is a shot of her:

[​IMG]

She's wearing the wig she came with, and I haven't dared mess with her eyes at all yet. She is approximately Barbie sized. Here she's wearing some Barbie clothes I made around 30 years ago. The top is a bit large, which is what I usually find.

Her posing is a mixed bag. She keeps bending her legs and arms in ways I don't want, but she can strike some lovely poses if you're patient. I think her face is quite charming. Most of my old Barbie clothes are not stretchy at all, so they give me some fitting problems. Stretchy ones should work fine. I'm sure I got some shoes for her, but I can't locate them at the moment. I'm not sure what she has on her feet, but I'm pretty sure they aren't hers.

14. I decided to try buying a Silkstone Barbie outfit to see if it would be a better fit for Jamie, my Souldoll Soul Little Jandi. I found a marvelous outfit on eBay that wasn't getting the bids I thought it should, so I bid on it and won it. Here is Jamie in it:

[​IMG]

I love how she looks in this, and it fits like a dream. The shoes, of course, don't fit at all and she can't wear the earrings that came with it. The stockings are a tiny bit baggy. But the top, skirt and jacket all look right on her. And suddenly I am much more enthusiastic over her! She's keeping those glasses at the least.

15. I found a lot, but not all of my Barbie clothes fit her, SOME Fashion Royalty. Shoes have to be bought just for her though.
      [​IMG]

16. The new Souldoll girl body is an excellent fit for Momoko clothing, I've found! Momoko shoes are molded rubber, though, so they don't work so well--my Metel is wearing Azone 1/6th shoes and those fit very well. :)

17. Hello! This is my Jandi, her name is Vasilisa

[​IMG]

18. Love her, those pants look great on her, she looks taller some how.

19. Are SoulDolls still available?

20. She's adorable.