1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Mirodoll Robert Downey Jr Minimee Discussion Thread

May 9, 2015

1. I figured as we all love to talk about our boys we need a thread of our own. From the number of posts on our GO thread I think we really really need it! Here we can discuss our guys and show some pics of how they are coming along. I know we can post in the general Minimee discussions but I don't think they would want to be bombarded with our enthusiasm and every little detail of our modifications etc....
      So here is the place for all our Tony Stark's, Sherlock's and who ever else our RDJ minimees become :)

2. Thought as it's kind of fascinating I would start of with a pic that we got from Mirodoll showing the heads being cast.

[​IMG]

3. Yay our own little thread, now that we have are darlings home.
      So here is my favorite photo so far.
      [​IMG]Sherlock and violin by SteamWitch BJDmama, on Flickr
      He doesn't have a faceup in it but I like the angle and the violin. I borrowed this one but I have one too. I think I'll try to get some with it now that his faceup is done.

4. It is a great photo SteamWitch! He is one handsome looking Sherlock. I really want those small iris eyes!
      I love that even without a face up it is so obvious who he is. Great work with the 3D modelling Ikke!
      I am possibly going to try drilling that hole tomorrow in the broken torso piece as I figure it will be my practice one for the other torso they are sending me. All depends on whether I get to the hardware shop or not. several other places I have to go but cross fingers!

5. Managed to get to the hardware shop today and found out you can only get 22mm or 25mm drill bits here unless you buy a special drill! I got the 25mm and figured even only a 1mm lip overlap will still be ok and once its complete I will glue the damn thing in place. Tony is proving to be just as demanding as Loki when it comes to being difficult and making me spend my money. Don't know what the prices are like os but here that bit cost me $45! The special drills bit was over $100 so I hate to think what that actual drill would cost.

6. Yes, I ran into the same. But I did order the 24mm drill, since it doesn't cost any extra; drills this large cost a good 7 euros a piece here, whatever you do.
      And I ordered a 26mm drill. I'm going to try to skin a bit of the lip as well.

Gee, I just saw that price, Kavarr, that just isn't right! Go take it back and order on line! $8-9 for a drill should be enough! (Or let me know if I should order it for you here and send it over; it'll be cheaper however you slice it!)

7. Thanks for the info and offer Ikke! I just have a standard type drill and the hardware dude says they don't make 24mm for a standard drill and that I would need to buy another drill just to go with that bit so I got the 25mm. He said it had to have a reduced shank to fit the drill I own if that makes any sense! Not sure if we have the same kind of drill. I probably should have researched this before heading to the shop. I can take it back as it is unopened and I have the receipt. I will have a look online tomorrow and see what I can find out and let you know :)

8. The drill bit should look like this:
      [​IMG]
      And I've never heard of needing a super drill to use it.

I do advice you try drilling holes in wood with this kind of drill bit before trying it on resin.
      I don't have my guy yet, so I can't make a tutorial, but I do know how it is done so I can write an instruction if people want that.

9. Oooh I didn't know that kind would work. The one I got is a round spiral type bit and it's really heavy. I will go back up and change mine. Don't know why the guy gave me the heavy duty (expensive) one as I told him it was only to drill a hole in resin! I just checked the hardware online and those are only $10!!!

10. Ah $10 is more like it. They guy who helped must have been a moron, because resin is softer than wood and he should have known that; it's his job to know that sort of thing.

11. That's right Kavarr. That guy was cheating you. I'm using a bit like you described. A standard wood/metal drill bit. Even That should have only cost you $8 - $10. And should have fit in Any standard electric drill. Take That Expensive Monstosity back. I live in the United States. If Ikke can't get you a bit I can look into it. I'll make a video to! Since Ikke and I seem to be using different bits! I'm just waiting for my arc reactor to come. It's gone to Printing!! Eeehhhh!!!

Now if only I wasn't having eye trouble. I was so excited when the ones I ordered came! But they sent me the wrong color!! So now it's a fight to get them replaced. -_- sad times

Edit: sorry for the internet photo. I'm not at home. This is the kind of drill bit I'm using.

[​IMG]

12. Yes that is what I got Doodle_Penguin. It's pretty darn heavy too. I will get back to the hardware shop in the next few days. The $45 one was the cheapest of that kind in that size. When I looked it up the bit he sold me does concrete etc...!!!! I would love to see a video when you do drill it. I have never used a bit the shape of the one ikke has. I told them I only needed to drill a piece of resin and he said this is what you need. Me being not to savvy about these things thought oh well it can't be helped.

13. I'm glad you can take it back because that is just wrong.

14. Ahhh they look wonderful! Sherlock you are so good looking!

15. Ugh!! I'm dying!! I'm so nervous about trying to get this Spot tomorrow!! Damned you Angel Toast!! I Need your work! Especially after this fiasco with the eyes I ordered!!

16. You and me both Doodle_Penguin! Slots should open soon :sweat
      We have our first market for solely bjd stuff tomorrow as well and a meetup there. I'm taking my boys head along in the hope of finding some eyes that fit. I really doubt it though as I tried 10mms and there was a gap and the 12mm iris was to large. Will probably need to go custom as I hate gaps!

17. Eeeehhhh!!! I got in with Angel Toast!!! So Excited!!! I could die! I Wish I could afford to send her one of my Tom Hiddlestons to. The eyes became a bust. I ended up having to order a whole different set. Man Mybayer2008 you finally failed me. And in a Really spectacular way. But lucky! The ones SteamWitch got came back in stock! So I ordered those! And my wigs on the way! Now if All these things could just miraculously arrive before I have to send out Tony.... That'd be amazing!

And speaking of eyes. That's gonna be Interesting..... I bought the new pair of eyes of eBay. I just got the your package shipped notice the other day. But when I enter the tracking into the post app.... It says the label was created in Dayton Ohio with an Ohio zip code (I checked) but eBay says it's coming ePacket delivery from china...... Interesting.... I'm actually hoping they arrive Soon.

18. A market Kavarr? Yeah I tried 10mm to. Even with white putty the gap was to much for me to. So I'm gonna try the 12mm small iris that SteamWitch recommended.