1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Clover Doll 1/4 Discussion

May 5, 2015

1. I have looked around all over DoA and there is almost no mention of these dolls at all. Even checking tumblr and flickr I've only found a a couple of owner photos.

Clover Doll is a company that does 1/6, 1/4 and 1/3 dolls, they have some really beautiful molds and their prices are just incredible. You can purchase their dolls through their dealer on Ebay (don't worry, it's an official dealer, they link to them on their website). They're currently having a 15% off sale until May 20th (that means you can get a blank 1/4 doll for 168$!)

[​IMG]

Does anyone actually own any of these dolls? I'm probably going to buy Grover (pictured above) sometime this month but I'd love to hear from some other owners about these dolls. I'm really curious about the quality of the dolls overall.

Edit: made a flickr group for Clover Doll, come share your pics!

#1 Rapps, May 5, 2015
      Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    2. I like Grover! A lot of their dolls are lovely, but they appear to be a newer company. That's probably why they are a bit hard to find. If you do get him, please post lots of pictures! I'm sure people will probably want to know what the company is like, since there isn't much information out there. I'd be tempted to get in on the sale if I had some spare change sitting around. Maybe next time.

3. Oh don't worry, I definitely will c: (don't expect anything fancy though, my photography skills are awful) I only know of two people who have Clover dolls and I've spoken with both of them. They're both really happy with the quality of the dolls and they really like them! One of them did say Grover's face up wasn't quite as impressive in person, but you kinda expect the company photos to be ultra refined and looking as best they can be. I do wish I had more than two people's opinions on these guys, but beggars can't be choosers.

They seem to have sales fairly regularly, so if you can wait a few weeks, there'll be another sale at some point!

4. Thanks to you, I want a Booth! [emoji1] Unfortunately I just placed a order for a different doll recently, and will have to wait a while. (Or else my family will think I'm crazy [emoji28] )
      Please do post lots of pictures of him, I'm looking forward to seeing him!!!

5. Glad to hear it! The dolls are really beautiful, it's a shame they aren't more popular! Their dolls are really beautiful and so cheap. Perfect for beginners to the hobby. I feel your pain there, I'm still waiting for a cheese mouse and I went ahead and ordered grover yesterday... I really shouldn't have but I couldn't resist. At this rate I feel like grover will get here before the cheese mouse does, lol.

I will be sure to take some unboxing photos when he comes. I don't normally bother with stuff like that, but since Clover Doll is a relatively unknown company I'm sure some people will be curious to see what the dolls come with and what their boxes look like and junk. I actually ordered him with body blushing too (a service they don't advertise, but I asked and they said they would do it for an extra 35$), so it'll be cool for people to be able to see what their body blushing looks like too.

6. Hahaha, maybe he will! I looked on the eBay site and it says production time is about 15 days, which is amazing. And awwww, cheese mice are sooo cute! =^_^=
      Ok, I'm looking forward to seeing him and his body blushing! Did you order a faceup as well? Do you know if they sell other items like wigs and stuff? Cuz I didn't see that on the site. [emoji4]

7. They are adorable little mice, wish the little bugger would hurry up and ship already though ;p I'm getting so impatient, haha. I don't know how people who order from slow companies like Soom can cope with ridiculous waiting times. I'm guessing Clover Doll's fast production rate is down to the fact that they're still quite small and don't get as many orders as the larger companies. I ordered him with a faceup and body blushing, I can't paint for poop so I always get company face ups ;p Plus his face up was really wonderful, I love how colorful it is.

As far as I'm aware, Clover Doll themselves don't sell anything but dolls, which is a shame because some of their outfits are really beautiful, would have been nice they sold them (or had the option to get "full set" dolls with the clothes)!

8. Oh, true. Maybe Soom's slow because it's so popular and can afford to be as slow? But I know what you mean. The doll I just ordered comes from Asleep Eidolon, and since I ordered from MoC, isn't expected to get home until the latest - April...cri...
      That's why I'm sorta debating whether or not I'll order Booth before she comes in.

I looked on eBay and saw that there was a fullest option? At least for Booth. Idk, maybe you had to asl like you did fpr he body blushing.

9. Hi :)

Does anyone own any of these dolls? I just found out about the company and I'm interested to see owner pics and reviews!

I really like Booth and Echo :3nodding:

10. I have a Grover, I ordered him in May. I was going to post a box opening here, but my photography is so bad I'm kind of ashamed to put it here, so I'll just put a link to the box opening/review I put on tumblr, lol. Be warned, there's some mild doll nudity.

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them ;p

11. Thank you for sharing the box opening/review :) your pics aren't bad at all! Do you have more pics of him?

How's his posing?
      What size clothes/shoes he wears?
      What size wig?
      How do you like the body overall?

Thanks again!

12. I have just ordered Elvis from the junky spot I will try and get some pictures of him up and I will be more then happy as well to answer any question about him!

13. I owed an Elvis last year but sold him when I made the switch to SDs. I thought his posing was great and I really liked the overall look of him too. He fit slim msd boy clothes I believe. So whatever a resinsoul or minifee can fit. I also believe he had a 6-7 wig.

The only problem I had was that the resin of the sculpt's eyelids was very very thin. I didn't notice at first so after the second face up I realized that with scubbing in the area that I did, it made a tiny pin prick size hole in the eyelid. You couldn't notice unless you held it up to the light but I think it could have used with some reinforcing with epoxy or something and would be fine. Again this was my experience and they might not all have this issue but I thought I would mention it.

I think they are a bargain for the sale price especially so congrats to everyone getting one ^^

14. Here and here are the only other pics I have of him. I have a terrible camera so I don't really like taking photos, but I can always take more if you want to see anything specific.

His posing is fantastic, he holds any pose I've tried to put him in so far, he isn't kicky at all, he's really solid (he isn't sueded or anything either). He stands really well too. I'm still really new to this hobby, so I don't have a lot of clothes or shoes. His measurements for his feet are on the site, so I guess you'll just have to buy shoes from companies who have dolls with the same size feet. He is definitely a slim mini in clothes, he is even thinner than a dollzone body. He is absolutely swimming in regular sized MSD clothes because he has such a lithe body. He has a 7/8 wig at the moment, but I think he'd fit a loose 6/7 if there was no wig cap. Oh, and his eyes are 14mm, but I think he'd fit 12mm nicely too.

I love the body. I think it's really pretty, and it poses beautifully. It looks very elegant. The resin seems fine, though I can't help feeling he's a bit more fragile than my other dolls. I don't know what it is about the resin, it just feels different to the other two dolls I've had (going by what sam_darko said, maybe it's not just me, maybe the resin is just thinner). And I know of someone who broke their dolls hand, so I try to be quite delicate when I'm handling him because I'm paranoid of breaking him. This is probably just me being really silly, I can't fix dolls or even restring them myself so I'm very apprehensive about anything breaking.

The only complaint I have about these dolls is the minor fork hands. I think their hands don't look quite as detailed or realistic as some other hand sculpts I've seen, and both hands appear to be in the exact same pose, that kinda bothers me. Hands are a very expressive body part and it sucks to have hands that look so... dull. Aside from that, no complaints on the body.

15. I just ordered a Grover from Junkyspot last night, so I'll make sure to post pics when he arrives!

16. I ordered Elvis last night through an agent shop from taobao. Hope he will get home before Lunar New Year =D

17. I own three Clover Dolls: Elvis, Grover, and Booth.
      If anyone wants to see pictures, I have plenty.
      Sorry they're a little big and fuzzy on the computer for some reason. This is Elvis:

[​IMG]

18. Can you take some pic about the wrist and ankle movements (flexion and extension)?
      What size of the eyes is he wearing?

19. Absolutely. It will have to come tomorrow.
      He is wearing 12mm eyes.

20. Here's my Grover, Lotus.

[​IMG]lotus by rapps ho, on Flickr

If anyone still wants any particular photos, you can feel free to ask. One of the most frustrating things about waiting for my grover was the sheer lack of owner photos out there. I had no idea whether he'd suit the wig and eyes I had picked out for him so I just had to take a gamble.