1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

So they can not sit?

May 1, 2015

1. Sorry, if this is not the right place for the topic. I was just wondering about it for a while and I want to ask. I like Tiny BJDs and I own one Lati Yellow. So when I've got her I was surprised to see that she is not capable of sitting on her own. My question: is this a general case for all the Tinies, or, may be, for those with the head relatively big comparing to the body? For some reason I would really like to see some statistics on which dolls can or can not sit :sweat Can you tell if your Tiny sits or not, please? (I do realize, that "Tiny" includes quite a variety of doll forms)

2. All my BJDs are tinies-30cm or smaller. Most of mine can sit. Just as an example here's my Dika Doll Tea with a more popular Fairyland Puki Puki-
      [​IMG][/URL]
      My Dollzone Wendy has a proportionally big head and needs a prop or chair to sit.

3. My Fairyland Pukifee can sit very well. Then again, Fairyland tinies are know to have great pose-ability due to all their joints, so that could be a factor.

4. Color me surprised. They are free-sitting. Even bundled up, Lumi is managing to stay upright!

[​IMG]

5. All my tinies can sit, pukifee (a little harder), my latis, my t lines (although their head needs to be pushes forward a bit)

6. Everything I own below 30cm can sit on it's own, allthough some needed sueding and others needed special posing. Not everyone can sit on an uneven surface without falling sideways. I have lati yellows coming in this year, so I hope they can sit as well.

7. I have a couple of Lati Yellows and I haven't had any problems with them sitting on their own, clothed or naked...

8. Thank you for your replies! And I am so confused now, because my Lumi definitely is not an easy "sitter" (Sorry, that it took me so long to get back to the forum).
      So, here is a little illustration of what I meant:
      [​IMG]
      - so, it's not like she does not sit at all. But she only sits still, if she is looking down. And it is also preferable to put the hands forward. As soon as I am trying to change it - raise her face or put the hands back, the equilibrium is lost:
      [​IMG]
      (she will fall down if I remove the chair here).
      In other words, I can not just put her in sitting position - there is always need to play for a trick like putting something under her bottom etc.
      what do you guys think?

9. I tried to use the hands as a support, but they seem to be too short, and the head is just too heavy :sweat even with the face down the sitting pose is so unstable. especially, with the wig on. I was thinking - may be I should put something inside her head (???) for balance..

10. Hmm. You could try maybe a couple heavy metal washers? The other option is to use pipe cleaners through her joints. That might give her a bit more stability when sitting.

11. you mean, I should put them inside the body? Did you try to do something like that?

12. Omg, you too? I have a Luts tiny delf and she just does not want to do anything with her head on. Her head is probably heavier than her body, and that's before adding eyes and a wig!

I don't have a huge number of bjds or anything, but in my limited experience Korean dolls tend to be lighter than Chinese ones? I mean, the Chinese dolls I have all have thicker resin and are much heavier. Personally I really like that, since it tends to make them happier to stay in the same pose. With my Luts girl, I'm wondering if I need to get some ball-bearings or something heavy to stick in her torso!

For wiring, I find that jewellery wire can work well? It's a little heavy, so it depends on if you want that. And I still need to glue the ends so they don't scratch before actually putting them in my doll ^^;

13. I only have one doll so far, so I can not really compare. But it feels like she could use some extra weight. On the other side I'm still undecided on how I will fee l about putting stuff inside of her. What kind of wire do you have in mind?