1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

soom imda tinies poll merge threads or stay separate

Apr 9, 2015

?
  1. yes, start one new thread for all sizes

2. yes, but one thread for all sizes but have a second "what fits" thread

3. no keep the current 3 size specific threads

4. sort of start a new thread for all sizes but keep the old threads too

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. a suggestion has come up on a soom tinies thread that because of the many sizes timp, 1.7, 2.2, 2.6 and 3.0 spread unevenly over three threads it would be easier to have them all on one thread and would also make the thread more active. before making that switch i'd like to see what the members of each of the current threads think. please vote for your favorite option: merging, merging but adding a separate what fits thread for clothing, shoes, wigs etc, keeping the status quo, or starting a new joint thread in addition to the separate threads. then if you like comment on why below

2. I know the threads aren't that active, but maybe it would be best if we had a separate thread for discussion and what fits and start a gallery thread for photo spam of all sizes.

3. From a newbie to the imda tinies I was having a problem getting to the info about each. It would be easier to find them all in one since it's not all that busy. I don't have any right now but have ordered and 2.6 and want to get 3. as soon as they are available or if I can find one. It would be nice to discuss them both in one place.

4. I think the timps should have their own thread, as they are very different from the others (which are essentially the same doll sized up or down).

5. Regardless of how active the thread is, I prefer size specific threads.

6. It's better to have specific thread for each size because it's hard to find information when all it's mixed up
      a general thread for sharing picture is okay
      but for what's fit : separate thread will be better

7. The timp thread includes other dolls than imda...if you merge them, then where would those non-imda timps be discussed? As an owner of a non-imda timp, I'd prefer that one at least stay separate.

8. The Timp thread should definitely stay open! I have three non-iMda Timps!

9. I voted to merge the doll sizes but keep the "what fits" thread open. I would, however, like to see a separate timp thread, because I love seeing all the cute cute cute photos together. It makes me smile every time!!!!

10. so far the consensus is far too mixed to merge the threads (which is why i set up the poll) the discussion had seemed to indicate everyone was for the merger but that does not appear to be true. the poll and discussion is still open for another week, but for now i'm going to set up a joint "what fits" thread, which does seem to have a lot of support and leave the other threads as they are.

11. The 'what fits' thread is a good idea, but I suspect it wouldn't be used much, this is what's happened with other similar threads in the past. I've voted to keep the threads separate, as it can be very confusing what size someone is showing as they do all look alike. I definitely would like the Timp thread kept separate even if the vote goes to merge the other sizes. And it's really hard to search a thread as the search engine doesn't recognise 2.2 or 3.0.

12. you are probably right, i am subscribed to several "what fits" threads but most people just ask the same question repeatedly in the regular threads instead ;) probably because there is no logical place to go to look for the threads. there is one now though and i'm trying to get links added in the first post of each size thread along with all the other links then we'll see what happens. the thread is only as good as the info people post :)

13. Perhaps we should just add threads for 2.6 and 1.7 and use the threads for discussion and what-fits. Group pictures would always be welcome in any thread.

14. there is already a thread for 1.7's here i discovered it the other day while looking for something else. that means only the 2.6 doesn't have its own thread.

the what fits threads are great when people actually use them ie put info in them and look in them for info before asking. i always search through those threads first before asking what fits or where to find something as there are usually less pages and you don't have to plow through chat to find what you want. also sometimes people don't answer the what fit questions again if they have answered before.

15. Thanks! I hadn't found the 1.7 thread.