1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Oceanmoon Tinies Discussion

Apr 1, 2015

1. Atelier Oceanmoon makes beautiful dolls, and though there seems to be a catch-all thread for their works in the "Large Dolls" section, this company is going into a phase of growth where they're developing a new lineup consisting of many tinies. The idea seems to be to create 1/6 scale versions of the dolls that eventually will be released as 1/3 scale dolls. Larger dolls are being shifted to their lower priority while they build their studio's resources and customer (fan!) base.

That means there are a lot of tinies on the horizon from this full-time sculptor and artist team!
      So I hope that a thread for this company's tinies will be welcomed and active ^_^

Their tiny lineup includes:
      26cm girl body (preschool age appearance)
      26cm boy body (preschool age appearance)
      28cm girl "sister" body (girlish silhouette/ young-adult features)
      28cm boy body (toned silhouette/ young-adult features)

To date, their released tiny heads include:
      EunRyoung (Original plus mong-yu versions and Renewal), EunHo, Lin, SoHa, ChongLan.
      4/2016: Preorders for Sa-yu ChongLan and HaYan (Tiny HaNee) are open on Etsy!

And many future releases have been recently previewed or announced:
      Renewal EunRyoung (mong-yu version), GaBi, HyunWon, HuiRang, ChongLan (sa-yu version), HaYan (Tiny HaNee), and Yuzuki II (a more open eyed version.)

As well as several accessories, limited edition sets, and unique parts that really set their works apart!

So many who have come into ownership of these artists' works have become enthusiastic fans. We hope to spread the word and magnify the love this company gets in return for the love they put into their creations.

Please share your comments, questions, photos, and hopes about Oceanmoon's 1/6 scale dolls!

#1 Lokinta, Apr 1, 2015
      Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
    2. Yay, an Oceanmoon tinies thread! :D I can't wait for my girl to get here so that I can share her!

3. Wahoo! I have loved Oceanmoon for years when they had sporadic ordering periods on their website, and was finally able to get my EunRyoung. Yotsuba has converted a few people to bjd love!
      [​IMG]

Lin and EunHo are also on my wishlist.

4. I've seen your Yotsuba on Tumblr. She is very spunky! Oh, and did you guys notice that they changed the resin hook from a bunny to a bear in the tinies? It's ridiculously cute. I hope my Lin has that hook! :D

5. Oooh I didn't! I like the bunny because you can kind of grab his ears to pull up, but a bear will be great too.

6. Yayy, I saw your box opening thread but I'll say congrats here too! :D

Yes, Chong-Lan has the bear hook in him. I believe one of the future boys will have a Raccoon (er, or maybe it's a tanuki or cat?) Perhaps each character will eventually have a unique animal to suit them. It's a sweet feature, I just wish I hadn't ruined my Eun-Ryoung's bunny's face when she was so new. ><

7. Thanks again! :aheartbea Oooh, that seems like an interesting concept - I'd love for Ansa and her brother to have different hooks. If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to ruin yours? The hook doesn't seem like it's that fragile. o.O

8. Well, I pulled up on the rabbit with a pair of pliers because I could not get a grip to put her head back on. She was brand new to me (first resin doll,) so I didn't know that was such a poor choice. The pliers left impressions across the bunny's face. It's no biggie, since I plan on keeping her forever anyway, but definitely damaged.

Her bunny hook is packed away for now, replaced by a standard S-hook. I wanted to try other companies' heads on her that wouldn't fit over the bunny hook.

In retrospect, I wish I had thought to thread a piece of yarn through the loop of the bunny hook and feed that through the head first, then pull up on that. With all future dolls that's my strategy =_=;

9. Oh, I see. I'm so sorry! ;-;

So, I took the time to dig the default eyes out of Ansa's head. I don't know what the heck that white stuff Oceanmoon used is, but dear god - getting it out of her head was a nightmare. Thank goodness for silicone earplugs.

10. Oh it's so nice to see a tread for Oceanmoon tinies! It's so sad they are not more popular. Their cute look and quality is awesome, I really wished more people would fall for them! :aheartbea
      Some days ago my little boys ChongLan and SoHa arrived.
      Here are some first pictures I did after doing their faceups. I will share more soon.

This is Suzu (SoHa), a little Kitsune boy (he is the son of Hakaku, my big Kitsune Oceanmoon HwaLan):

[​IMG]

This is Inuki (ChongLan), my little Inugami boy:

[​IMG]

11. @Astrosnik: your EunRyong is amazing! SO cute!!! I love her wig and styling :D

@Selenae: Thank you for sharing your box opening of Lin! Such a pretty girl!! She is also on my wishlist :love

12. I've never heard of these dolls before, but she is adorable! must look more into them. Congrats! She's a beauty!

13. Thank you! I love your boys, too. Now I want to get Ansa some kitsune ears just for fun!

Thank you! I hope you decide to bring one home. Oceanmoon is so underrated.

And now, some spam of Ansa with new eyes, and a new dress (I really prefer this one, to be honest. No bows coming undone all the time.):

[​IMG]

I used the money from a dress I sold to buy Ansa two new Leekeworld wigs, and a new pair of shoes. Man, I'll be so happy to ditch this disaster of a wig. No more curly wigs for me! Oh, by the way I seem to have landed a bit of a snag - the silicone pad under her head has come loose, which has made her head loosen up - anyone know how I can fix this without taking Ansa's head off?

14. Ooh, nice to see a Chong-Lan! I really want to share some photos of my guy but he's.. well, usually bald.
      The 6-7" wig I got him from Leeke fits a 7"+ head better, yet FMD 5.6" is.. there's no way it'd fit. Still seeking a solution to that issue.
      And a SoHa! For some reason, seeing SoHa feels rare. The kitsune ears suit him nicely.
      And like.. Astrosnik's EunRyoung.. I see her around sometimes and adore the beans out of her. :D
      Yay~ Loving the variety everyone is contributing!

@Selenae -
      My girl's silicone kip is quite bad tempered too. It gets sucked up into her head's opening. I use a small-gauge crochet hook to pull it back down and out from her head. Or just grab it with a pair of tweezers, if you can get ahold of the kip with them.

I've had to pull it back out from Eun-Ryoung's head opening so many times I'll soon need a replacement. Next one I'll home-make with a smaller center hole to prevent this problem, but yeah, it's not just you >w< Good luck dear Selenae ^^ (PS, I'll write you again soon, work has been crazy and I'm super burned out.. ><; )

15. Ah, thanks! Sorry about the late reply - I've been busy, too. ;-; Ansa's new Leekeworld wigs came in yesterday, and I gotta say I'm not too happy with the quality of them. :s

16. The new 27.5cm girl "Sister" body is available for first-run pre-order through Oceanmoon's Etsy! The top post here has been updated with that information too.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to the new body! The 27cm boy body is my favorite of all my dolls' bodies for its sturdy standing (Reliably balancing on one foot with minimal effort! Fantastic!) and posing versatility, plus the sculpted more mature look to the body's shapes. And the Sister body is being promised to take those developments another step further.

I expect the girl will also be more sculpted and ladylike rather than baby-fatty. (She still appears rather more pudgy than the boy, so I wonder how much more sculpting has to happen around her belly and torso?) I plan to use the body to hybrid with a Bluefairy head, but Yuzuki will be released simultaneously and is looking very beautiful herself.. it's tempting ^^;

17. It's been awhile since the thread has been active. So I hope posting twice can be pardoned..
      The top post has been edited with some minor updates to the sister body.
      Today I got an email that the sister body & Yuzuki's release will be a bit delayed as the structure of her knees and legs are being finalized. The sister body will now stand at 28cm, and the sculpting and pre-casting surface is expected to be finished this week. Casting and assembly will take about a month, so hopefully we'll be seeing new photos and her official in-stock release pretty soon!

Lastly, the toxins (and probably the stress too!) as this project nears completion are taking a toll on the artist and partner's health. It seems to be a recurring health problem, flaring up near the ends of productions, but they remain dedicated to completing the new project and staying in touch.
      So! Please do send out wishes for good health and luck to the team, if you have a minute! I know it would mean a lot to them!

18. Have you seen the new Crossover Project "Blue Star Lin" from Oceanmoon and CodeNoir? She's really beautiful! I didn't see a Company Announcement thread about her and didn't want her to go completely unheard-of before the preorder period ends ^^;

[​IMG]

The description says she will come with the 26cm girl body, so I asked CodeNoir if the sister body could be substituted. (Personally, I think the slightly more mature body would be very nice with Lin's face.)
      Oceanmoon has told them that a new version of the 26cm girl body would be included with this pre-order and with all following collaboration dolls. The to-be-included body is the 9th version of the 26cm girl body! ^^

Anyway, we're still waiting on images of the new body/bodies! I am excited to meet miss Yuzuki!

#19 Lokinta, Sep 21, 2015
      Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    19. My Oceanmoon girlie So-Na

[​IMG]