Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: aGatti Doll

Unitas in Singularitatem MadamMauMau's Avatar

aGatti Doll

A thread for Russian doll artist Agattielle. She has so far produced a 48cm male body (called the mCC swivel body) and a range of heads. The style is stunningly realistic and the engineering looks pretty impressive.

The first pre-order was in July 2014 and advertised via her blog. Heads offered were Loki, Guarvo/Guervo and Ilya. It appears that the Loki head will not be made available again. First aGatti pre order

The second pre-order was in December 2014 and was advertised via her flickr. Heads on offer were Ilya, Guarvo and Daniele (a cat). Second aGatti pre-order

It seems that Agattielle is inspired to make all the Avengers, in their film incarnations, and the mCC swivel body is designed to fit Loki. She has clustered Thor, Steve Rogers and Nick Fury as another body type (muscular, presumably) and Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and Clint Barton (short and stocky?) into another. She also has designs on the Hulk (can't wait to see that).

I have a Guarvo on order and will post pictures and a mini review when he arrives.
    Last edited by MadamMauMau; 02-06-2015 at 08:20 AM.

I wish aGatti had more pictures on them. I can't decide who I like more but I'm leaning to Ilya It would be cool to have one of them and Dollshe's fashion dolls together, I think they about the same scale?
    Last edited by JayO; 02-06-2015 at 07:12 PM.

YO CAN PEIRCE THA HEAVENS Krowbar's Avatar
    I am waiting on getting a tan Ilya uvu I cannot wait to see him in person. I have been watching her work for so long!

DISCORD! We won't take it anymore! So take your tyranny away!
    //~Faceups and Modifications - Doctor Krow~\\ .:.\\>>Flickr(dur)<<//

Quote Originally Posted by JayO View Post
    I wish aGatti had more pictures on them. I can't decide who I like more but I'm leaning to Ilya It would be cool to have one of them and Dollshe's fashion dolls together, I think they about the same scale?
    Unfortunately not. Close, but no cigar. I am getting one of both, so did a scale comparison for the mini 28M thread.

It is a viable height difference, but I am thinking the head sizes will throw it off. Anyway, not too long to wait to find out.

Krowbar, we must bring ours to a meet at the same time. I have also been watching for as long as there has been anything to watch, which is why I couldn't help but leap when the flickr PO went up, even though I really REALLY shouldn't be buying any more resin.

Are you all paid off? I will ask her when they might be shipping.
    Last edited by MadamMauMau; 02-07-2015 at 01:59 AM.

Oh that's to bad, but thanks for the comparasion. I can't wait to see what you're going to do with him ^.^

Hulk you say?
    Sits in a corner and waits

I had seen the last preorder, I find the body really yummy but I am not much into muscular guys even if I can appreciate them, if they are green, it's another story entirely...
    Skimo
    my flickr

Now, I am not seeing this body as muscular. He is toned, but narrow-shouldered and slim. I can see how it is a (perhaps idealised) version of Tom Hiddleston. The Thor/Captain America/Nick Fury body I fully expect to be muscular, and fully expect to want as well. Hulk, I will have to wait and see. If it is a realistic version, yep, I could go for that. If it has those huge Hulk hands and feet, maybe not. But let's see.

I am really looking forward to my Ilya. The engineering of this body is different from anything else I have seen and looks like it should be superposable. His face more a real rugged man than all those pretty boys out there in BJD land.

Quote Originally Posted by Therealwalter View Post
    His face more a real rugged man than all those pretty boys out there in BJD land.
    This. It is the realism of these that got me. They make the Iple boys look like Cinderella. I am not a fan of the knee and elbow joints visually. They are a little intrusive. However, they look like they do a good job of articulating so, swings and roundabouts.

Anyone ask when this PO is due to ship?

The closest I can get to a statement on shipping is this from her Flickr :

"Payment by installments is possible: 50% till February 1, further by agreement.

Mailing of ready dolls in turn, within 1-2 months from the date of receiving castings by me."

I had a hard enough time communicating just to get my order in so did not ask many questions. Flickr mail took forever to receive answers back and forth from Russia which was strange since email should be almost instantaneous internationally.

Ah, OK. So, let's give it a month for the dolls to be cast, and they were ordered mid Jan, so that means they should ship mid-March to mid-April. Not so long to wait.

And I am not having a problem with flickrmail getting to Natalya quickly. However, since it appears that neither of us are on flickr every day, it takes a day or two between emails for both. But she is an absolute sweetie.

I wonder if the dolls will have that sheen to them or if that's just how they were photographed.

Do you mean from the photographs posted up there? It looks as though that is the master sculpt, not a resin cast. She has given examples of the available resin colours here.

Quote Originally Posted by MadamMauMau View Post
    Do you mean from the photographs posted up there? It looks as though that is the master sculpt, not a resin cast. She has given examples of the available resin colours here.

Wow! They're bulky. XD

They are real beefy dudes. But not unrealistic in their musculature and still fairly trim.
    I wonder how often she will have pre sales as I do want the Daniel cat head eventually. The picture of him being picked up by his scruff is just adorable.

Yes, I suppose I was wondering if the dolls would be as shiny as the resin colors shown or the dolls photographed (Like in picture below). I can't tell if that's resin sheen or lighting, either way it's not too off putting just different looking than the more matte resins I see around.

I suppose if they are too shiny you could spray matte sealant like MSC to improve it.

Very interested in the Steve Rogers one, following the thread.
    Added the biggest doll to my family 12/13/13 (My husband)

They have arrived from the casting company. Not long now...

That picture is kind of hypnotic. Can't wait to see them, maybe I get one next preorder

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    ------------------------------------------