1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Iplehouse New YID (nYID) Discussion - VI

Jan 22, 2015

1. Handy Links!

* Iplehouse
      * Iplehouse Waiting Room Thread
      * Iplehouse nYID Photo Spam Thread
      * What fits Iplehouse nYID girls?
      What fits Iplehouse nYID boys V 01
      * Patterns for Iplehouse SID and nYID girls
      * nYID Hybrids!

* The Database Database Post #17 (find your doll in the list and go there to add). The Iplehouse list is in post 17 and is by sculpt name.
      * My New Doll (2015)
      (not meant to be posted in but there was a duplicate thread with a few more hybrid shown... they are here.)
      And something fun ^^ :o ,, :XD: *****:whee:

OFFICIAL IPLEHOUSE MEASUREMENT CHARTS FROM 'DOLL CHOICE' PAGES

(n)YID Boy
      Height : 63 cm
      Weight : 1700 g
      Head circumference : 21.6 cm
      Neck circumference : 11.3 cm
      Chest circumference : 27 cm
      Shoulder width : 16.5 cm
      Arm length : 19.2 cm
      Arm circumference : 10 cm
      Wrist circumference : 6.5 cm
      Waist circumference : 23 cm
      Pelvis circumference : 26.8 cm
      Thigh circumference : 17 cm
      From waist to toe : 40 cm
      Ankle circumference : 7.7 cm
      Foot length : 7.8 cm

****************************************************************************************************
      nYID Girl
      * Height : 58.7 cm
      * Weight : 1420 g
      * Head circumference : 21 cm (8.4 inch,M size wig)
      * Neck circumference : 9.5 cm
      * Shoulder width : 12 cm
      * Breast size : Glamour 28.2 cm / Large 27.2 cm / Medium 26.2 cm / Small 24.5 cm
      * Arm length: 23 cm
      * Arm circumference : 8 cm
      * Wrist circumference : 5 cm
      * Waist circumference : 17.5 cm
      * Thigh circumference : 17 cm
      * Hip circumference : 28.5 cm
      * Waist to toe length : 37 cm
      * Ankle circumference : 7 cm
      * Foot length : 7.5 cm <----------shares shoes with SID & EID

2. It was suggested the nYID and the EID/SID threads be permanently locked and merged with the mega (all large size) hybrid thread. Please let us know if you want them to keep separate threads of just use one common thread.

Just so you know... when the original mega thread was made this was suggested then... it was rejected at that time... people may think differently now but I am just letting you know why we still have the separated threads still. Also the mega thread had been intended as a 'hybrid' thread but I think ppl just got tired of double posting mixed doll pictures in both.(personally I agree with you).

3. I have a slight preference for merging the threads, but I really don't mind. With the separate and slower-moving threads, questions or posts are visible on the last page for longer, but then... people don't respond to them as much so it is a bit of six or one and a half dozen of the other I think.

4. I know I generally lurk, but I only own the nYID dolls, with no interest in going larger. I rather prefer them to be maintained separately, honestly. I enjoy looking through this thread a lot, even though I don't post often. Everybody's dolls are lovely!

5. The hybrid thread seems to be the most active of the large Iplehouse doll threads. I think for many people it may be their go-to thread for chat and information. (Although sometimes it seems the waiting room is where all the action is.) Sometimes I can't even find the nYID thread because the activity lags and it falls to the second page. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the threads were joined, but I won't cry if things stay as they are. How's that for an I'm-sitting-on-the-fence response?

6. I've never participated in that "merged super thread" because the 'hybrids' part threw me off. I thought it was only for hybrid Iple dolls. But I see now it's 'and hybrids'. Still I'd have to get used to it. It would be nice to post my nYID boy in the same
      thread with my SID man without people gettin in their feelings. I mean I don't care. As long as one doll in the post/picture is on topic, I post. That's how I roll. Rules are meant for interpretation.

7. the hybrid thread was made because they ended up being 'excluded' from other threads in the begining... I think the & was always meant to be there... the thread meant to be a place you didn't need to worry about size or completeness of doll. Many ppl paired EID's with nYID's and had no real place to post them in a 'discussion. It served as a 'catch all' place.

8. Very much agreed!!

I'd really prefer to see them merged -- keeping up with three separate discussion threads and two photo-spam threads for "large dolls with interchangeable parts from a single company" gets kind of ridiculous.

-- A <3

P.S. The fact that I had to post this 3 times in 3 different threads kind of illustrates the point! :doh

P.P.S. I don't know how many people get daily e-mail digests of the threads they're subscribed to, but I do -- which means five e-mails every day, if all of the threads have gotten bumped by even a single post. I love to keep up and stay abreast of the discussion, but that's . . . a bit silly.

9. Lol I already posted my opinion on the other two threads and completely agree with Ashbet that even the fact that this discussion about merging the threads is not in one place, is ridiculous ^^; I'd really prefer all the three threads merged.

All the three sizes are hybridizable (at least for girls) and even if someone didn't want anything bigger than nYID, you could have an EID/SID head on nYID body, when you technically could participate in all 3 threads and spam your images on all of them and the same people would see the same stuff 3 times...

10. I'm with safir and Ashbet on this one. It would be liberating to freely talk about all our Iple dolls on a singular thread. Although I only own SIDs and EIDs at the moment (which is why I'm more oft on the other threads), I plan to get nYIDs someday, and would feel less repetitive sharing photos or discussing things in just one thread.

11. Finally have a new nYID photo to share!! I'd been waiting for Gaki's body to arrive, and it finally did!! :kitty2

[​IMG]
      Gaki by Ashbet, on Flickr

Gaki is Gremory's brother -- hard to say which one of them is the evil twin ;)

I made his wig -- didn't wind up getting any good profile photos, but the side is braided close to his head, and then he has an 80's glam-rock ripply waterfall of hair on the other side, with a braid in front of each ear. Rather pleased with it, actually ^__^

-- A :aheartbea

12. Another good shot, Ashbet. I'd love to see a profile showing the braided side of the wig. I've paid good money for wigs that didn't look half as good.

13. Since the topic of merging threads has come up again:

DoA allows multiple discussion threads for companies. Some members prefer smaller threads with focused information on a narrow topic. Some people only want to hang out in one thread in the entire forum and want that thread to be everything. Some people want to spam up every available thread because they love to share and they love having more threads. All of these people are DoA members and a more relaxed approach to thread organization allows members to interact in the way they feel most comfortable. Hundreds of members read these threads, so please do not assume that they are all here for the same reasons.

Some people believe that all Iple heads are interchangeable, some people do not. Some people only care about pretty head shots, while others don't want to see hybrids. Some people want threads about clothing fit for a specific body type and don't want to wade through 800 posts to find that information. Every member is allowed to start a thread. If it is quantifiably different from an existing thread, it is allowed to remain separate. You may choose to make a thread more or less relevant by participating in it or not.

If you believe that the mega Iple thread that contains all sizes is the best place to be, then only post in that thread. If all of the myriad threads about Iple dolls is too much to keep up with, then pick the one you like best and don't cross post; unsubscribe from the others. If you have no interest in the other sizes and only want to talk about nYID, there's a thread for you too! If you don't care for nYID and only own the bigger sizes, you have a place to stay.

Thank you for understanding!

14. Ashbet I love that wig!! Gaki is a cutie all around. :D
      Does anyone have some more Bliss spam they would like to share? jany's is so adorable I am afraid I might succumb to one!

15. Thanks, Vermont_chick and Fishcake!! :aheartbea

Here's a shot of the braided side -- my camera was being a bit more cooperative today :)

[​IMG]
      Gaki - braided side by Ashbet, on Flickr

-- A :kitty2

16. That's so wonderful--it looks like it stays on his head, too, unlike a lot of the mohair wigs I have here *_*

17. Thank you!! :kitty1

It's a hardcap wig, which may explain the difference -- I used alpaca fiber for this one (mohair would have worked, too -- I've made similar wigs with mohair), and since it was built onto his head specifically, it can have more of a custom fit.

I love big poofy mohair wigs (especially on my smaller dolls), but it's also nice to be able to control hair direction more realistically, especially for the big dolls. Most of my hardcap wigs were made by the immensely-talented Eclipse21, but since her schedule tends to be pretty booked, I sometimes make my own, if they aren't a super-fancy style. This was the most ambitious one so far, and I'm happy with how it turned out!

-- A :kitty2

18. Love the side braids, Ashbet. That wig is so cool!