1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Argonautica Doll/ArgoDoll Aliens (Prias & Kios)

Nov 10, 2014

1. Thought I would start up a discussion thread for the two aliens by Argonautica Doll, Prias and Kios. (They also have two human optional heads out, Admet and Mr. Test, but those aren't really suited for the alien body made by ArgoDoll, and are meant to go on bodies made by other companies.)

So, is there anyone else here who either has or plans to get a Prias or Kios, on either the male or female or unisex versions of the body? If so, which color do you have/want? Do you have big plans for your doll?

ArgoDoll's Tinies can be discussed in this thread.

2. I really want to get Kios in the thistle color in the near future. She is one of the most beautiful dolls I have ever seen and one of only 2 female dolls that really caught my interest so far. Even though she is alien she feels like a real person. I love the resin colors that Argodolls come in too.

3. I have a female Kios in the deep blue resin, and she is gorgeous. I restrung her with blue elastic to make the elastic not so obvious through the transparent resin. I am planning to make her a beaded outfit inspired by Dinka beadwork. Her name is Entelecheia.

4. Hurray! I'm not alone! I have a unisex Prias in purple. Even though the body is unisex, I still think of my doll as more of a female. No name yet, and I haven't done much with her since when I sent her head out to get a face up it got lost in the mail. I ordered her a new one though. Thank goodness I could.

As for plans... I was going to make her into some kind of galactic empress. Then her head was lost and one of my other dolls took that spot as I've been waiting. Whatever I decide, I don't think she'll be wearing to many clothes. The body is just way to interesting to cover up. I think that way anyway.

5. I love both the thistle and purple resin colors! I actually wish the blue resin was translucent, like the thistle resin, rather than transparent like it is.

Hopefully your Prias' replacement head arrives soon.

6. Woah, I had not known about this company until I saw this thread just now... Such unique sculpts! I like the brow ridges of Prias, but the ears on Kios... I really like the deep blue resin too.

7. Where did you get blue elastic from? I just ordered a male version of Kios in deep blue.

8. I know! I really like the deep blue resin but it'd be a bit too much for the whole body. Argonautica has such lovely colors to choose from.

9. I just found them out and I was waiting to save a bit to get a Deep Blue Kios one day, but I see he/she's sold out. Such a pity, I had big plans for him! :(. Hope they release them again, because I fell deeply in love.

10. I got the blue elastic here. I ordered 5mm, because that's what's most 63cm dolls use, but it's just a tad thick for the channels on Kios, which are very narrow. You might want to go down to 4mm for Kios.

11. Awesome! Thanks!

Sorry you didn't get a deep blue kios, yrdin_y_Luna! I hope they make more, and you're able to get him!

12. Ah no problem. I can't afford it right now, but as soon as I can purchase one I will spam the creator asking her to release them again. That deep blue color is too awesome to be missed! Meanwhile I hope you all spam with pictures of your beauties so I can die of envy!

13. WooHOO! He's here! ^____^ I loooooove seeing the light through him!
      A few more photos in my Flikr - link in sig.
      I had to tighten his strings and hot glue suede him, because the resin is so smooth, the joints just slid around. Now he's doing much better!

[​IMG]Moana - Argonautica Kios by aernath, on Flickr

14. Yeah, I still need to suede the legs on mine - the arms are okay because of the too-thick 5mm elastic I have in her. Yours looks great! Does he have a name yet?

15. Moana. Hawaiian for ocean. ^_^ It had to be something sea-related. ;)
      He's sitting around now in an EID fishnet shirt with the sleeves rolled up. lol

16. Moana is wonderful. I want to get Kios but my money keeps getting diverted towards other dolls. But definitely want one. The blue is lovely.

17. Wow! I'm so jelly!! Moana looks awesome, deep blue is the perfect color for him.

Hope there's a new batch of these wondeful creatures, I really need one now!

18. Ack, I am so sad Prias and Kios are sold out! I realllllly wanted an Prias. She'd fit in so well with my band of space-travelling robots and their alien companions!

19. These are gorgeous dolls. For one of the Prias in MSD size in the deep blue, I would honest to god break my rule about must having a character first before buying and I could even possibly ignore my rule about requiring cash in hand and not putting dolls on my CC. I was horribly, horribly tempted to get the deep blue Kios that was on sale even though I prefer the Prias sculpt and I wanted an MSD instead of SD sized doll. I don't think I've ever been so tempted to get a doll that wasn't exactly what I wanted.