1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

The Mini Centaur Thread

Oct 8, 2014

1. So I realized we don't have a good discussion group for one of my favorite things in this hobby, the centaurs! :aheartbea If you have any tutorials to share please feel free to PM me or post them and I will add them.

Here's a list of all the current centaurs released: (If I missed any please tell me. I will happily add it. <3)

Doll Chateau:
      Fairyland:
      Impldoll:
      Loongsoul:
      Luts:
      Soom:
      (The reason Epidos is not on the list but the other two are is because Epidos' upper half is bigger, which pushed him into the larger doll sized category.)

Souldoll:

Not really good at starting threads but I want to talk horse-butts with people because they're so much fun! I will happily start this thread though by posting a pic of my current boy, Panpipe, being miserable in some socks. (Because I have no good non-silly photos of him I realize.)

[​IMG]

#1 suppi, Oct 8, 2014
      Last edited: May 23, 2017
    2. Centaur-thread! I approve -^^-

Is that a... Minifee Karsh-Luts pony-butt hybrid?
      Socks XD I love that idea.

Also, I really regrett holding back on Luts Berry pegasus u.u really, really, REALLY regret it now, that it's too late. But I still have hopes that Luts will finally release a gryffin >3< I've wanted one in MSD size since I walked into the hobby... *must.obtain*

This is Maloki :) A Yul elf satyros in light tan / smokey black in a custom outfit by myself :3
      [​IMG]
      Maloki_03 von Wildcard_Snowy auf Flickr

3. He is! :D I plan on doing a MNF girl hybrid too. (Trying to choose between the Risse or the limited Sooney. o3o)

Though I know those regrets. T_T I even had an amazing offer from a super nice member for a split and... didn't take it. All my regrets. p3p

Though I love the outfit you've made! When I get home I plan on attempting to draft a horse blanket pattern so they keep their hind quarters warm too.

4. I have a pink Adamelli, blue Shale, Satyresse, Satyros and I'll be getting a Pegasus Jamong and Berry for my birthday and Xmas respectively. I've also got DC Alberta but she technically only has a horsey butt as she has human feet. Sad thing is that all mine are blank for the moment.

5. [MENTION=1994]suppi[/MENTION]: Hah! Sculpt correctly recognized ;P But that might be, because I think Karsh is the lovliest of all of them. Other than that I don't know the Fairyland sculpts appart XD

I also saw someonewho was willing to split off the lower party. Stupid me let it go. What really irks me is the main reason that I didn't give in and order a pegasus is, that I had another doll on layaway at that point and choose to pay it off early since she should have been in the delivery of that month. Only turned out now, that the company forgot my order and it will take another two months until I get her :\
      Wish I had known that... then I'd have a pegasus.

Oh thank you. :) It took me a while to decide on the design, but once I did, it pretty much went easy. With the exception of the black part covering the goat torso, I could use normal patterns I had made for other dolls before :3

[MENTION=54711]whitewolf[/MENTION]: I demand piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiics.
      That's quite a collection and I don't think I know of someone who has all those >:3
      And especially congrats on Berry ^^° *chanting:picspicspicspicspics*
      Also, which color combinations did you take on the Luts centaurs?

6. I love my Karsh! I want more MNF hybrids just because I like how they look on them. p3p Though that seriously sucks! I... Thought for a brief moment, "I don't like the windblown feathering" and have been kicking myself since. At this point I hope I can stumble across a white horse butt. T_T

Also I totally didn't even notice the part covering his rump! More pictures please! <3

Though yes we totally need pictures of your herd Whitewolf! Even if they are blank it'll still be pretty epic! (I dream of owning a herd one day. p3p)

7. suppi Did you mod him to fit into the horse body or did he fit without any modding?

Snowy Love the colors you choose for Maloki :)

Great thread btw :) I don't know how the future of my Summer event 2013taur looks. I've had some problems bonding with him so
      I have not cared to take much pictures of him..

But I'm waiting for a Hornblendtaur and hopefully he'll be easier to bond with. Luts Centaurs are amazing but I love how realistic the Idealian51taurs look<3

Oh well here is my unnamed boy who I'm trying my best to bond with. He's a really cute character and it would be really sad for me to give him up..

[​IMG]

Thinking about maybe naming him Storm or something to do with ice. Maybe naming him will help me in the bonding process.

8. I love this thread, I´m paying off the layaway of my Jamong Pegasus and can´t wait to get her at home, she is certainly a grail doll for me :) . Suppi, your MNF hybrid looks fantastic!, and talking about hybrids, I´ve always wondered if the deer body from Impldoll could work with a Minifee torso, does anyone have a clue about it?

9. Love love love centaurs!! I have three and one in layaway! a tan Bory, a white Berry, a pink Shale and coming a grey Shale!
      But for now only my Bory is ready, because Berry and pink Shale are unstrung -_-
      I love your pics

10. No he had to have a bit of work done on him. ^^" I plan on getting another hybrid and when I'll make a better tutorial than what I did for his project journal. :3

Also thank you Aquarina! <3

I want a shale so bad. p3p How do the soom horse butts pose? In their pictures they look so stiff but I would love to get one! Paxita you should string them and spam pics, Rin Yhun should spam more pics too. *nod nod*

I just put a white horse butt on layaway so now I just have to keep an eye out for a cheap MNF girl to put on it! *excited*

11. [MENTION=1994]suppi[/MENTION]: Really? I thought the feathering was amazing. :3 But yeah. With you on the kicking myself ever since side.
      I'll definitly spam more pics sooner or later. Maloki is totally photogenetic.
      [MENTION=24613]manabusama[/MENTION]: Thanks -^^- I originally wanted Yul as he was, but I felt it was too expensive and was thinking back and forth if I wanted the doll otherwise. Suddenly had a name a concept and then he was ordered already XD

Oh yes, naming and having a direction to go usually helps. Sooner or later my kids also find their way to add to one (or more) big stories, which also aids with the bonding.
      I like how manly and mature the IDs are. Hoping Luts releases a gryffin with MDF body.

And just for the record: I.love.Luts.centaur.posing.abilities!
      [​IMG]Maloki_05 by Wildcard_Snowy, on Flickr

He had no help at all. Just a bit of fiddling to get him to stand and hold that pose, then he was all on his own. And he was all stable and steady and only dropped out of that pose when I made him :)

12. I liked it but I remake all their tails to fiber ones so it would have been beautifully windblown legs with no a breeze in sight wig and tail. XD The silliness of it would have amused me but~ lol

Though I love how well they pose. p3p Putting Panpipe in ridiculous poses is my favorite thing to do with him. (Sometimes I will take a pic, sometimes.) Argh I want a Soom horsebutt to see if I can make that pose as well too! lol

13. [MENTION=1994]suppi[/MENTION]: I've had one in hands. The Yo-SD can pose. The MSD can. not. At least not without sueding and/or wiring. I think that would aid, but... yeah. Without? Nope. Not really.

14. Aw man that sucks. :c I'l probably end up getting one eventually because I love their rumps. <3

15. Isn't it funny how just yesterday I worried about my boy's future. And the same night I get inspiration from a dream! My dreams are very easily influenced by whatever I watch on TV or talk or experience during the day.

My worry triggered a BJD dream where I dreamt I owned a light blue haired Scene BJD boy named Deco (like in the word decoration). I can not remember much from the dream other than that Deco were important to me. The next day my heart just melted after I got my boy all dressed up. He is definitely staying with me now :)

[​IMG]

Here is um, Deco (not sure I should call him that though) being pretty in a dress :chibi I have nothing else for him to wear so he'll have to wear the dress for a while :lol:

Rin Yhun Nice butt indeed ;)

16. Omg I love him in the dress! :D

17. Haha yes he looks cute in it but he is not a crossdresser :lol: He is only wearing it so he doesn't have to be naked. But he's very girly though and I might get his legs blushed pink in the future :chibi

18. All of my yes to pink blushing!

Here's a pic of my cat attempting to "help" me make some of Panpipe's armor. (Than she ran off with this tail which was sitting on his head. lol)
      [​IMG]

19. The muscular MNF body looks so cool with a horsebutt :D Haha is it just me or do about every BJD owner have cats :lol:? I have two boys :kitty2