1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Time Mini discussion part 1

Jan 19, 2014

1. Magic Time has released new minis! They are available for sale on Milky Queen Doll Castle's ebay shop.
      I am very excited as it looks like a double jointed body for both male and female dolls and the photos makes posing look nice. I love the fantasy element most of them have and oh, those ears!

...mod notes...

Ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Milky-Queen-Doll-Castel

Magic Time Mini discussion part 1:
      http://www.denofangels.com/forums/showthread.php?610042-Magic-Time-Mini-discussion-part-1

2. I just checked them out and I really love the Yuri sculpt! All of the fantasy parts that they offer are really awesome.

3. Yes, she's stolen my heart! It's great that they're not limited, as I want to eventually have her, but can't right now.

4. I'm very taken with Yuri too...I might have to get one sometime this year!

5. I just wish she had hooves. Ah, that would make her absolutely perfect.

6. I've started giving Rachel a good look and I think she is great too! At first that blonde wig really threw me off, but than I realized she is the one in the pictures (even on Yuri's page) showing off the jointed hands. I think her ears are so unique! If she came with the horns like Yuri I think that would be awesome...I think I was drawn to Yuri's face-up, but I doubt I would be ordering a company face up anyway...
      Sadly Rachel is a bit more expensive...apparently they send her with the jointed hands, so they mark up her price. I do want those hands too though!

7. Does anyone think these hands would fit Resinsoul minis? I'm a bit confused, as the hands are labeled as 1/6th, but I compared the measurements they show and they look more like MSD size to me...

8. They sell both 1/6 and 1/4 hands, there isn't a seperate listing for the msd hands yet. The one you are seeing is indeed for yosd.

Animethemed: you can buy the horns seperately for a good price, too! I really love Rachel's face. She's gorgeous. I would just want Yuri's ears and horns instead. Wich I am sure they could do for you if you messaged and asked. MQDC is a very nice company that tries to please. I bought a Magic Time Skylark from them this summer and they were a pleasure to work with.

9. Xkelpiex - How is theIr resin qualitY? Is it pretty strong?

10. It's nice and smooth and weighty. I personally like it, but I don't have a lot to compare it to. It's nicer than my Doll Leaves girl at any rate.

11. love the idea of exchangeable ears but do anyone know if its posible to get diferent ears than default ones? i mean elf ears for girl with default jointed hands etc?

12. I know you can different ears for the yosd's, so maybe messaging and asking them for them might do it? It never hurts to ask!

13. Yup i know just was curious if anybody tryied yet ^^ i have no funds for buying them atm but im toying with idea as they look pretty good :3

14. I would love to know the resin match for these dolls, but can't find anything. I'm guessing because there's not many out there.

I'm specifically eyeing up getting a 1/4 male body in Normal-Yellow for a Volks MSD hybrid, but not sure it'll match. I may just risk it and see if I can't find an answer. :P

15. I looked at this brand and they are so lovely! I really want a Rachel or a Yuri >.< their bodies are so cute, reminds me of MNF

16. I also checked out this brand...their bodies seem a lot similar to the MNF bodies though...it makes me uncomfortable >.<

17. Just a heads up that the stringing is very much hit-or-miss on the minis. Myself and Ranno both ordered Rachel awhile back, and while Ranno's doll arrived perfectly strung, mine did not, and arrived to me with this weird mixture of tight arms and unbearably floppy legs and feet. The faceplate was also very irritating to work with, since I couldn't get her ears to stay in no matter what I tried, even when the doll's headcap was on.

As my very first doll, I wound up being mostly frustrated and disappointed with her, especially since I was able to handle a tiny from Magic Time and absolutely loved it. As for my doll, she's been in her box, under my bed for awhile, and she'll probably be there until I can figure out what to do with her. I can't restring her due to my disabilities, and nobody around me has the time or knowledge required to restring her for me.

But aside from the stringing issues, the overall quality is fantastic. Hopefully you guys won't have the same experience I did, though.

18. That's weird! I bought a NS-P body for a DIM hybrid and the body is near perfect in terms of posing. There is one problem with the left leg being too tight so it gets stuck sometimes but that's it. Though it was a male body. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. :(

19. Yeah, it happens. I'm just hoping others don't, though.