1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Maskcat 21cm Tiny Discussion part 1

Jan 6, 2014

1. So is anyone planning on buying one of these little cuties?

2. I so love little Aruna, I've placed the little girl on my wishlist.

3. They have free shipping for everyone now, until February 25th :) And then the free shipping will be extended for every country someone has ordered from during that time.

I fell in love with little Belina! She definitely is the perfect size to be a doll for a doll. And this size is so much fun to dress too! I made a few video's for those of you who are interested to find out more.

Box opening: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehhoIYyLyZM

Body review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu411ULJ1wA

Clothes fitting session: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt2UYISqqAY

I'll post some pictures soon too.

4. She's very pretty, and I'm tempted...do you know if they're considering making her with a jointed body? That's the one thing that holds me back from ordering.

5. I don't know, but I'll ask them and report back :)

6. @clochette:
      I'm the official representative of Maskcat and we are sorry, but a jointed torso in this size would be a bit useless and not so important for the mobility! so the tiny body will be a one-part torso only! ^^ I have both tiny Maskcat dolls (Aruna and Belina) and I like their mobility! I don't think that a two-part torso is needed and I don't miss it! ^^

here a little pic of my Aruna in a dress I have handsewn for her:
      [​IMG]

greetings~

7. Thanks for your quick reply. Not sure I understand the "useless" comment, but I'm glad you enjoy your dolls. I have dolls of both type, and unfortunately, prefer the jointed bodies even in smaller dolls. I wish you luck with your creations. :D

8. Well, here's what I gather after talking to Maskcat about it. They like the aesthetic of the older bodies, like the Volks SD10. That's why she's single jointed and has no torso joint, which they think she poses absolutely fine without. It's a matter of taste, I guess. I like jointed torsos, but my lati doesn't have it and I never really notice. The SD girl Maskcat is working on will be double jointed though, because of popular demand :) In general, they listen very well to their customers. This is why they changed the shipping event and also why they'll start inserting kips in the necks of the 21cm girls for better head posing :D

9. yes, I think that the posing without the jointed torso is very well and that's why I said it is "useless" ^^ (and because her sculptor used this word too! ^^ ) she said that her posing wouldn't be so much better with a torso joint!
      I like dolls with torso joints too, but in that case it really isn't bad that there is no joint ^^

by the way, today I will take some photos of Belina! I finished her face-up yesterday~ :)
      and if somebody wants to see, here I posted some photos of Aruna (the first tiny girl of Maskcat) on Doa some time ago: http://www.denofangels.com/forums/s...tiny-lolita-(Maskcat-Aruna)-*&highlight=aruna

greetings~
      Michi

10. by the way, if someone is interested in the blog of the sculptor (only in chinese language) here is the link: http://maskcat.blogbus.com/ :)

greetings~
      Michi

11. If shipping is free how do I get it removed from the etsy cart when I go to pay? Is there a code I missed somewhere?

What is the wait time after ordering?

12. @kadepie:

Maskcat already removed the shipping costs on Etsy, so you only need to pay for the doll during the event time! ^_^

And it takes about 2-3 weeks for make the doll, but because of the chinese new year it will take about 4-6 weeks at the moment! But Maskcat has 2 Arunas and 2 Belinas in normal skin in stock!^^

13. The shipping costs are showing up in my etsy cart and don't disappear before I pay for them.

14. @kadepie:

I've tried a couple of times - when I add a doll into my cart, there are no shipping costs! Please try to delete the item and add again! Or do you have added an other item as well? Because the free shipping event is for dolls only! I've asked Mascat and she want to change the shipping options for other items! Please try again later! And sorry for the trouble~ >///<

15. Thank you! I will try to delete and re add. I am torn anyway. Can't decide between Aruna and Belina.

16. @kadepie:

Maskcat changed the shipping settings, everything should work now!^^ Please let me know if something still don't work~

By the way, I'm editing photos of Belina with Face-up right now (some of them with Aruna together) and want to show them in the gallery today too! Maybe it will help to decide?^^

17. Yes that would be awesome to see pics of your Belina!