1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Leekeworld L-Type Boys Discussion - Part 2

Dec 18, 2013

1. I've taken the liberty to start a new thread for discussing Leekeworld's L-type boys, since the last thread passed the 1000-post mark and Leeke recently opened their ordering period for a very brief time.

Have at it!

2. I was hoping to buy one of the L boys, Lionel to be exact, but I have an older Lionel head and I really wanted to use him to make the character I'm planning, plus I couldn't afford a new head sadly. So who's ordering one of these boys? Anyone planning on getting Lionel especially? I'm really curious to see what people do with him since I love that sculpt soooo much. XD Um, also I've never spoken in the old thread before so to anyone who reads this, hi!

3. The Lionel sculpt is wonderful. I love that default face-up on him, too. I had looked at him some time ago as a possible shell for a character but while wonderful looking, he wasn't quite right.

I wish that Leeke would have this wig: http://www.leekeworld.com/En/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=4662&B_catalog_num=146 available in that custom colour again in the size I need *sigh*. I'm seriously in love with this wig and one of my future doll needs it.

And we've had softly falling snow where I live for 2 days now, perfect weather for me to get some outdoor shots of Khale (a Frost Elf/Ice demon) and I can't get outside to take pictures because of the short days and being at work all day *sigh*. So in leu of a really cool winter pic, here's a shot of Khale and Fei-Lau (DZ Edward) this fall.

[​IMG]

4. I am getting scary-close to ordering Min: http://www.leekeworld.com/En/Product/p_view.asp?it_code=957&B_catalog_num=19. I just love that boy's gentle face and the bump in his nose. (Also, hi! I didn't post in the old thread either except at the very end to say that Leeke had opened their ordering period.) :)

5. Wow Iron_Dog that's a beautiful shot! I love the pic and the boys. They look amazing! XD My boy did have the default face up, which while chipped due to age was wonderful, I really loved it, but sadly it just wasn't right for the character so I wiped him clean so I can get him a more character appropriate face up.

vadafade Hi! I saw that and I meant to post but I was being a nervous nelly and then I thought eh grow up! So when I saw the new thread I posted here instead. lol Oooh I can definitely see why, Min is adorable! What a cute little face he has. If you do end up ordering him then good luck and I can't wait to see what you do with him. XD

6. Thank you, ArcaneDesires. Khale is dead easy to photograph well. His face-up is the limited "light" one for the Vampire Khal. When I had Fei-Lau painted, I asked Angel Toast to take some of the cues for his face-up from Khale's and blend it with the default face-up DZ did for Edward, spin it to look "cold" and put the snowflake on Fei-Lau's forehead. I'm incredibly pleased with how it turned out because it suits Fei-Lau's character as a winter storm god perfectly.

7. Does anyone know if Leeke's L-type boy bodies have double-jointed knees? I can't for the life of me find any photos that show the answer definitively.

8. Iron_Dog They both look fantastic. I really love the colouring they have and their wig styles and Fei-Lau's face up is fantastic. He definitely reminds me of a Winter Storm God. That snowflake looks amazing! XD Khale's wig is just gorgeous and those little teeth. He's very handsome.

vadafade Hmm, I don't have experience myself, but looking at them, I'd say not. The Solid Muscle body in particular definitely doesn't seeing as they show a clear picture of the back of the legs and that looks like a single joint to me. The other's look of a similar construction, so unless someone can say otherwise, I don't think they do.

9. vadafade: I just went and checked and the answer is no. Khale is on the solid muscle body and neither his knees nor his elbows are DJ. There is also a locking mechanism in the hip joint but I've found that because he is such a heavy piece of work, he some times suffers from spinny legs anyways. He does, however, have a 3-piece torso. He also came to me with magnetic hands.

I had difficulty with his hands in that the "locking" mechanism of them didn't want to work properly. It appears that you hold the wrist ball with one hand and twist the hand part about 1/4 turn to lock resin tabs in place and prevent accidental popping off of the hands. It never worked that way for Khale although it ultimately didn't matter as I got him DZ armour hands within days of getting him. The hands were also attached with some type of very thin string. There were no S-hooks for his hands (I ordered some from DZ for their 70cm boys and they work great).

But, for all the headache of keeping his default hands on, they are beautifully sculpted and blushed. Given the size of them, having them magnetic is also a god-send for getting tight fitting/close sleeves over his arms.

10. Thanks so much, guys. There's no way I'm going to spend $400+ on an SD-sized body without double joints, so it looks like I'll just be ordering Min's head and then finding him a hybrid body.

I've combed through all the related Leeke threads and made a list of boy bodies that have a good chance of matching with Leeke's "basic" skin, which some people just call NS for simplicity. I've listed as many choices as can fit within the post character limit, in alphabetical order:

• 5StarDoll Adult boy body
        • Resin: 5SD NS is an excellent match to Leeke NS (reference).
        • Pros: Double-jointed elbows & knees
        • Cons: No thigh mobility or lower torso joint
        • Neck circumference: ?
        • Shoulder width: 11 cm
        • Price: ~$200
      • Angel of Dream 1/3 male body
        • Resin: AOD NS is generally accepted to be a good match with Leeke NS. Can't find a recent resin comparison, though.
        • Pros: Double-jointed elbows & knees; has both torso joints
        • Cons: No thigh mobility joint
        • Neck: 10 cm
        • Shoulder width: ?
      • Doll Family-A 62 cm boy body (versions 2 and 3) Update, March 2014: Using early 2014 resin colors, DFA normal pink does NOT match Leeke NS. Reference.
        • Resin: In previous years, DFA normal pink has been a very close match with Leeke NS (reference 1; reference 2). However, I believe DFA changed their NP resin color sometime in 2012.
      • DollZone 65 cm male body
        • Resin: DZ NS is generally accepted as a good match with Leeke NS.
        • Pros: Double-jointed elbows & knees; has thigh mobility & both torso joints
        • Cons: Ankles look blocky; wrists somewhat puffy
        • Neck: 10.5 cm
        • Shoulder width: 13 cm
        • Price: ~$400
      • DragonDoll 1/3 boy body or "uncle" (72 cm) boy bodies Update, March 2014: Member paxita confirmed with me that DragonDoll pink skin does NOT match Leeke NS.
      • Illusion Spirit 1/3 boy bodies type 1 or 2
      • IMPLdoll Star male body
        • Resin: IMPL pink skin is a very close match with Leeke NS (reference 1; reference 2). Also, IMPL PS is a perfect match for Iplehouse NS (reference), and we know that Iplehouse NS matches Leeke NS.
        • Pros: Double-jointed elbows & knees; has thigh mobility and both torso joints
        • Cons: ...none?
        • Neck circumference: 10 cm
        • Price: ~$250
      • Little Monica Harmony Boy A or B bodies
        • Resin: LM NS does NOT match Leeke NS. However, LM white skin is an acceptable match for Leeke snow skin (reference).
        • Pros: Double-jointed elbows (both); thigh mobility joint (both)
        • Cons: Single-jointed knees (both); Boy B body does not have lower torso joint
        • Neck circumference: 10.4 cm
        • Shoulder width: 14 cm
        • Price: ~$430
      • Luts Senior Delf male body
        • Resin: Luts NS is generally accepted in the discussion threads as consistently one of the best resin match with Leeke NS. Luts is slightly yellower than Leeke but well within blushing range. Reference, my 2013 Luts NS against 2014 Leeke NS.
        • Pros: Type 2, 3, and 4 bodies have double-jointed elbows & knees; all have thigh mobility joints
        • Cons: No lower torso joint; type 1 body has single-jointed elbows & knees
        • Neck circumference: 10.2 cm
        • Shoulder width: 12 cm
        • Price: ~$500
      • Migidoll Guy Body M-Style
        • Resin: Out of their available resin colors, Migidoll NS-A matches Leeke NS the best. Reference 1; reference 2; reference 3. Migi NS-A matches Iplehouse NS and MiroDoll NS, which we know that Leeke NS matches perfectly. Also, below, cian confirmed below that Migi NS-B does NOT match Leeke NS.
        • Pros: Double-jointed elbows & knees
        • Cons: No thigh mobility or lower torso joint; narrow shoulders
        • Shoulder width: 10 cm
        • Price: ~$400
      • MiroDoll 68 cm male body
        • Resin: Miro NS has been known to be a perfect match (reference, mid-2013), a pretty good match (reference 1, reference 2, both early 2014) with Leeke NS.
        • Pros: Double-jointed elbows; has thigh mobility and both torso joints
        • Cons: Knees are single-jointed; ankles look a little blocky
        • Shoulder width: 14 cm
      • PopoDoll 63 cm or 68 cm male bodies
      • ResinSoul 1/3 boy body
      • SoulDoll Double Boy body (New and Old)
        • Resin: Generally accepted as a good match for Leeke NS, but I'm currently hunting down the reference for this.
        • Pros: Double-jointed elbows & knees; old body has thigh mobility and lower torso joint
        • Cons: New body has no thigh mobility or lower torso joint
        • Neck circumference: 11.5 cm (New) / 10.5 cm (Old)
        • Price: ~$450
      Anyway, for those of you who have Leeke L-type boys, what bodies are they on?

11. I don't have an SD AoD per se (I have a limited collab AoD boy, he's SJ though) but I do have 2 MSD's and they're one of the best standers in my crew. The resin is also very nice. Unfortunately, that's all I can add to this.

12. So is that an endorsement for the AOD body as a hybrid option? :)

13. I am partial to AoD bodies although its the older ones (for the muscular MSD's that they've since changed to slim, non-muscular ones). I'd definitely suggest scouring the photo reference section to see what their new bodies are like for the SD's.

14. Well, I did it -- I ordered Min's head. Now to really dig in and find him an acceptable body. I will update my list in post #10 as I find more suitable body options.

15. I have a Khal head and a Mihael head, both from 2012 and I'm still finding bodies for them, haha. I can help a bit on the list vadafade has. I have both the Little Monica type A and type B bodies (both 2012, 1 month apart from each other, the type A one I have is slightly pinker, the type B slightly yellower but nothing big...just...I noticed it? Haha.) I posted in the photo reference thread showing both my heads on the Little Monica type B body here, for those who interested. I personally find the heads still a tad big for the body. As for resin match, they're roughly the same shade but Leeke is pink toned while Little Monica is yellow tone...perhaps blushing would solve that?

As for Leeke VS Migi doll, I have Migi 2012 NS from when they had a period where they removed NS-A and NS-B and went with just NS (supposedly I heard they're similar to NS-A now but I've never had the chance to confirm that.) and a more recent 2013 NS-B head. My NS-B head matches the Little Monica body and the Little Monica body doesn't perfectly match either of my leeke heads. Same for the other migi heads (I think they yellowed faster so they're slightly darker now?). In short, none of my NS Migi heads match leeke NS perfectly. I don't have the NS-A so I can't say about that...it's also the one which has the highest chance of matching Leeke's pink tone, from what I know about Migi NS, so...haha, my Migi NS don't help.

edit: I'm quite sure that "Basic" = Normal and "Snow" = White and I know (at least) I use them interchangeably, if that helps.

And I'm looking at a Granado Nuevo body in NS (their NS is pink toned) for my Mihael (he's supposed to be buff) but I'm not too sure yet. Oh well, there's still time to look around and research while I slowly save up!

another edit: here's the photo of Migi and Leeke NS to show that none of the ones I have match :/
      [​IMG]

16. Thank you so much, cian. This is so helpful! I know you said that your Migi NS resins don't help, but I think they totally do because now we know definitively that they don't match. Thank you!

17. Haha, well, technically Migi NS-A is still out in the open, at least. But to be honest I don't think the huge heads of Leekeworld boys would go too nicely on the Migi body...>3>

18. Right, I meant to say that now we know that NS-B doesn't match. :) Hehe! But yeah, I think you're right about Leeke's giant heads.

19. Sorry for the double post, but I just bit the bullet and ordered a Doll Family-A body (ver. 3, with the larger neck) in "normal pink" resin from Alice's Collections so that my poor Min head will have a body when he gets home. Fingers crossed that it works and matches well with him! I'll update this thread as well as the resin matching one when he's all put together.