Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairyland ChicLine 40cm Discussion Part 4

I can resist everything except temptation.
    -- Oscar Wilde
    Bjd blog|Tumblr.|Flickr|Residents|Twitter|Facebook

Wheee! Morgaine and Vanye are first page, first up! Yippppeeee!

This is Morgaine...with her opened eyes opened a bit farther in, and her companion, Vanye, who began life as a Rou SP. Morgaine is pretty much finished, but for the final sanding and refining the eyeholes when I get my hands on an eye beveler, and Vanye definitely needs a more sanding, but his earnest self is beginning to come through nicely! I'm sooo pleased (she says modestly)! I headed into this with absolutely no expectations, ready to lose both faces, and really couldn't be happier.

MadamMauMau...I really love that wig! As for your question regarding the part problem...I can think of a couple of interesting options. You might actually try pulling tiny clumps of the hairs through the cap using a large needle, and if you pulled the end to the opposite side underneath and glued it, it seems to me that that would allow it to lie flat but in the right direction. i.e. you'd end up with criss-crossed bits of hair underneath. Or, using the cut method you mentioned...maybe make the hair a little thicker? Or actually stitch the two halves back together? If you made the wig cap just a little long on either side, maybe that would work. You could certainly trim that seam back to next to nothing. Mind you, I've tried none of these!
    Last edited by Vindalootoo; 10-08-2013 at 03:01 PM.
    Wiishu's Diary: photostories
    Resin kids: Wiishu (LTF Shiwoo) Jo'ii (LTF Elf El) Pookishu (PukipukiPukisha) Morgaine (ChicLine Lishe) Vanye (ChicLine Rou) D'Bohnne (DearMine Debon-forbidden)
    Gate of Ivrel Graphic Novel ; Closed Circle Publication
    Looking for: Soom centaur

Unitas in Singularitatem MadamMauMau's Avatar
    Those are interesting ideas, Vindalootoo, and I will give them some thought. The wig caps are effectively thin plastic (dried PVA on a support) so the threading ideas might not work. Hair should be arriving today so I will feedback.

And those are looking good. Just needs a little smoothing.

yay for a new thread! everyone has been posting such wonderful photos and the creativity of everyone with mods and wigs and faceups is amazing! it's been a while, but here's some spam of my lishe, dante.

http://resinplus.omgforum.net/forum.htm
    resin+: a pacific northwest bjd collective - oregon, washington, british columbia, alaska

*Waves at Fen*

She is so pretty. What is that intriguing chaise she is reclining on? Is it 1:5 scale? I have felt the need for some in scale furniture for my Clines. A throne. That is my unattainable grail, but nice chaise would be useful.

*waves back* thanks mau! she is on a 1/4-ish scale couch. having one or two pieces of in-scale furniture is nice for photoshoots!

resin+: a pacific northwest bjd collective - oregon, washington, british columbia, alaska

That is soo nice, and looks familiar, so I have definitely passed those on my internet shopping travels, but couldn't have needed anything on that scale at the time. Now, I just have to remember where...

It's very long time I didn't play with my C-Line Ineffa. Recently, I re-faceup her sleeping faceplate for Halloween meetup this month. Luckily, she turned out so good for me.

At home: FL Feeple 65 Chloe | FL Chicline Ineffa | Lati Yellow Sunny | IH EID Chase | FL PukiFee PongPong
    Wishlist: SID Felix | Chicline El
    ~ My Flickr ~ oOo ~ Face-up Service ~

Front page spam!!! I don't think I've ever made it in time on any thread lol. Fenris, that chaise is amazing! Wickfoxy, what a great photo of your girl!

!!! I hadn't even thought of using SparrowsShop horns on my ChicLines! I've been focusing on my smaller FairyLands and had practically forgotten they even HAD magnets there! My C-Lines need faces most of all, though.

Your Chloe is mesmerizing, xhanthi! I like the little Nightmare wolf creature she seems to have taken for a pet.
    Waiting on: PukiFée NS Zio (Jul. 25), PukiFée TS Shiwoo and MiniFée TS Moe-Line Mika boy (Oct. 28)
    *~ Etsy shop ~* - MiniFée items available!

xhanthi, oh, excelent girl! I see the real witch of dark forest))

Wow, a new thread and I haven't been here in ages. A perfect moment for a little spam, so here's my Chloe:

CL Chloe by AnnieStar, on Flickr
    FS: Pipos Minty Star Cheshire, Pipos Dark Alice & Leeke Kiel Ent
    Flickr

Great Chloes, AnnieStar and xhanthi! Chloe is always beautiful sculpt, no matter what line she's from. However, I haven't seen many good pictures of her, except from you guys.

@
    AnnieStar: I think you almost have the whole C-line dolls ^^
    At home: FL Feeple 65 Chloe | FL Chicline Ineffa | Lati Yellow Sunny | IH EID Chase | FL PukiFee PongPong
    Wishlist: SID Felix | Chicline El
    ~ My Flickr ~ oOo ~ Face-up Service ~

Some stunners on the first page. What a good start to the thread.

AnnieStar, where is that gorgeous dress from?

And we were talking about Franklin Mint clothes in the previous thread and some kind soul (sorry, my memory for names is appalling) said that they had some from Gone with the Wind. I am flirting furiously with the mourning dress from there but, ye gods, so much money. Anyone got a picture of any Franklin Scarlett dresses on, so I can see the fit?

MadamMauMau
    Please, dear)) This Scarlett's dress fits for my Clemence ideally (the line of bust, waist and the length of dress)

1DSC_0038 by Dar-Risha, on Flickr

Wow, thanks for that quick response, Estvin. That looks to be a perfect fit. What size boobehs does your doll have?

Wickfoxy, thank you! Chloe is by far my favourite sculpt and I have her in many sizes: CL, MNF, F60 & F65, only missing LTF. Hah, yes I have most of the C-line dolls, only 3 missing: Soo, El & Ital. I just can't help it, these doll are so gorgeous that I just simply can't settle for only one of the them.

MadamMauMau, the dress is from Chloe's full package "Bride of darkness", just without the veil, the head ornament/crown & jewelry.
    Flickr

thanks xhanthi! everyone has such beautiful dolls! i hit a jackpot this weekend with action figure items and so now my c-lines have sooo many new props to play with. best of all was the find of some lace up combat boots - now dante has the shoes i never thought i'd find for her!

Here's more spam, I finally managed to take few proper pictures of my Lishe:

FL CL Lishe by AnnieStar, on Flickr
    Flickr

MadamMauMau I not sure that I understood your question right)) If you had asked me about size of bust - my doll has a large size (sorry for my bad English)