1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollstown 13yr & 15yr Discussion - part three

Sep 9, 2013

1. I just saw the 15yr boy on DT … never had a boy bjd not sure how I would go with one ..butt if I was to get one it would be a DT … anyone want to share photos of their boys with the girls ?

and need to share what I just made for Natalie ..this is my very first attempt with making a mohair wig …

[​IMG]

2. You did a great job. I really love the color and the way it looks. Congratulations! Of course all of your creations are awesome!

3. Always happy to show off my young man! Here's Justinian (Mui on DT15B) with Syr (Crobidoll Lance on modded DT15G):
      [​IMG]

And my memorable photoshoot of Justinian a few months ago.

#3 aihre, Sep 10, 2013
      Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
    4. The newer body (just from looking at the photos on Mr Anjonghak's Flickr page) looks somehow younger than the older DT15 body. So I can see why he says on the webpage not for the bigger boys heads like Mui and Hue.
      The shoulders simply don't have the size to balance those size heads at all.
      In my opinion the older DT15 body could barely balance out the size of the Mui head I have anyway :lol: which is why I tend to drape jumpers round my lad's shoulders to help minimise his over-large head.
      Or make sure he is wearing a jacket! That does the trick nicely too! :)

[​IMG]

I really like the look of this new DT15 body and as soon as I can figure out what head I would like on it, I will order one. I fancy having a young DT lad in the house! ;)
      I am now also very interested in this slightly taller male body Mr Anjonghak is working on too!

Is anyone from here ordering the new DT15 male body? (nosey me!)

And Peppa :D
      Oh my goodness that wig is fantastic for Natalie.....clever, clever you!!! :dance I ask for more photos of her here please!

5. I have ordered one if the new bodies. It will be a hybrid for 2 heads I have from a Chinese artist -Xiao (small). I also think it looks a bit younger than the original 15 yo.

6. I really loved the new 15y body, aesthetically, but I can't help but think it must be a terrible poser, due to his lack of chest joint... =/ I'll probably not be able to restrain myself and get one anyway, though! XD

7. Jane~ Your Mui looks great! I usually don't like the head sculpts of DT (only the bodies, haha) but the expression you gave him really fits!

I totally fell in love with the new DT15 body... so much so, that I'm contemplating buying one with a Soi head (never seen this head before, but as a boy on this body it just grabbed me *first DT head I want, woo* :D ) I'm seriously stuck between fresh or oriental skin, though...

People who have oriental and/or fresh skin dolls... which is closer to a natural, healthy human-skintone shade? :sweat

8. Oh gosh that is a tricky one! As personal preference clouds my judgement
      I have both these resin colours and like both...........but I personally find the orientalskin looks the most natural for a modern doll and is the easiest to photograph.

And Martha I can't wait to see your hybrid lad........have they given an estimated delivery time for the new body yet?

And chubi....yes I was sorry to see the upper torso joint go. The new body will certainly not have the same range of movements that the older one has, but I still like it! :)

9. We're on the same boat! I've only liked a few DT heads with custom face-ups, not really into the molds in general (except Elysia. She's awesome and has always been <3), but recently I've found out that I really want a Rian... ;__; Maybe I'll get one with the new 15y body, since I kinda want to explore that face as a boy (: Though I'm not that into their proportions, because it's a bit too childish-like (bigger heads) for my taste, so maybe Rian will end up being a hybrid and the 15y body will get another head. XD *confused already*

Yeah, I'm actually impressed with it's balance, though! It poses really naturally and stands nicely for a massive resin body. Because DT dolls are really heavy and have thick resin, I'm always impressed with their stability~ (: My 18years girl body was a pain without hot glue sueding, but now it's just perfect.
      I prefer the new body's look than the old one, it has improved aesthetics and anatomy, but I know myself too well... I'll not enjoy playing with him with a fixed torso =/ But since I have no shame, I sent Dollstown and e-mail asking if they have any plans to offer a two-piece torso option, like Spiritdoll does with their Elegance Line... The old 15y had a chest joint, so I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask. (:
      I also asked about the layaway option, because they used to offer it on the old website, but there's no info about it since the renewal =/

10. Jane~ Yeah, I noticed it was a tricky one when I tried to decide... and couldn't. haha Thank you for the opinion! :)

chubi~ Totally the same boat! DT heads were way too big for me, too! xD And even Soi (despite seemingly more in proportion than the others on the new 15y body) makes me wonder a bit... but at the same time, I like the head and I like the body, so together or not I think I'll need to see them in real, too. (Despite getting more and more confused about what I really want as well. lol )

11. Well I really like the Amy head on this body totally to my surprise, had you asked me if I would consider this combination last week I would have laughed in your face! *blush*
      But I think it works perfectly!

12. Jane~ This happens so often with me, too! :lol: (just not with DT...)

Btw chubi~ There is layway info on this new site, too! Here (scroll down): http://dollstown.com/user-guide.html :)

13. Peppa, love the wig! I am so impressed!

I wonder what the new Torre boy head to go with the new 15 body will look like? And the new body will look good shirtless so that is some consolation, right?

14. thanks everyone on the wig comments &#8230;

aihre &#8230; thanks for sharing a photo of your couple they both look fantastic

Jane .. I love your boy he looks fantastic ..

I just have one more payment on Amy then I will probably get a boy ..I like the photos they have of the 15yr body with Soi&#8217;s head &#8230;

Natalie could have a younger brother :)

15. Yep, I found it right after I posted this LOL They also replied to my e-mail already, anyways XD Unfortunately, no luck on the double joint torso =/ Well, guess I'll just have to get used to it, 'cause this body is too pretty for me to ignore! D:

Yup yup. I get that feel. It's so annoying because I feel really awful when dollie stuff don't work out and I have to sell them to get new ones... =/ *sigh* You should totally go for it, tho! With your face-up experience, you'll probably do something interesting on a Soi ^_^~

16. I really don't have a reason at the moment to buy the new 15 boy, but oh I wants one! >__< I'm sure I'll figure it out, I have some heads that need bodies. I have to think about this. The 18 boy was just too big for me to handle, and while I have the old version 15 body, this one is really different. I like the less muscled look, not everybody in the world is so ripped!

17. Exactly... and that's my problem! Dolly stuff mostly works out for me because I never really buy dolls on a whim/quickly (only if I fall for them a lot. lol) but now, I'm so unsure because I fell for this character, but 1. I have at least 3 styles in mind for him (which is neever good) and 2. just not sure I should bring him home now (since he's not limited). This discount event, however, is making my resolve weaker every day. >__> And Thank you! I have nothing too original in mind, tho... lol

Ahh.. I hate dolly dilemmas. >__<

18. 99% of my dolly dilemmas are decided by lack of funds. ;) :...(
      But this new body will definitely make it onto the short list. I guess I should try my Oasis Alejandro head on the 15yr body I have before getting too committed though. I have both freshskin and oriental skin now so at least picking a color will be easier this time!

19. Gawd, the discount... I'm really weak towards those, when it's that much. I'm currently saved by the lack of available cash, though, so I won't get the 15yrs body right now LOL I already have resolved dolly plans for this month and the next. ;_;"

Hahaha, exactly! XD It saves a lot of trouble, even though it's annoying wanting a lot of things at the same time and then having to decide which is more important =/
      Woah, an Alejandro head on that body... Yes. Please go for it! D: