1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Impldoll Product Review

May 24, 2013

1. Please copy and paste this template, then give your responses. :)

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)
      * Would you buy more from this company?

Feel free to include one or two photos of your purchase.

2. * What did you order?

Star doll Melissa

* When did you order?

February 27, 2013

She was my first BJD, but I have had others tell me she is well made

Not really, because I got her in NS, not Tan skin!

Yes!

I love her eyes; they shipped the ones in the company photo. She was strung too loosely, so a friend hot glued and wired her for me.

Absolutely; communication was great, and from what I'm seeing in other threads, the time was most reasonable (about 2 months)

The first pic is the one from Impldoll's site, and the second is the doll I ordered with NS.

[​IMG]
      melissa06 by Raven Winterhawke, on Flickr

[​IMG]
      frock02 by Raven Winterhawke, on Flickr

3. * What did you order? idol Gladiator Gnaeus in real Skin UV Cut with bearded face up, Marcus Blank head, Gladiator Outfit, weapons and Free event Tiny doll Teno in Pink Skin

* When did you order?24/08/13

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Quality of the product is superb, worth far more than I paid, especially coupled with the free doll due to the summer event
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? real Skin UV Cut is more yellow than the promo pics in so e lights but it's not an unpleasant colour and photographs well

* Were you satisfied with the product? I had some minor problems over the left eye on Gnaeus, which hasn't been evenly carved out so gives him a slightly offset look, but it's a minor detail and Impldoll have offered to rectify the problem at no cost to me so I can't ask for anything more than that. The outfit is worth the money I paid for it but I'd have paid more for a really high quality outfit.

* Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) The detail on the doll is awesome, his resin is gorgeous and weighs a ton. The detailing on his weapons is fabulous - even blank and the whole concept of the doll is brilliant. I love it! The company answered every query I had within 1 hour of posting and bent over backwards to accommodate my requests. The free doll is gorgeous too and both pose like a dream.

I didn't like Gnaeus 's eyes but his face up is stunning and Impldoll have resolved my problem going out of their way for me, I didn't expect such a fantastic after service especially given the value for money they already give.

* Would you buy more from this company? I already intend to. I want an army of idol bodies

[​IMG]

4. * What did you order?
      Dorisy in tan skin

* When did you order?
      12/17/13 (through Alice's Collections)

Yes - the resin is a little shiny, and the tan color was a little more orange than I was expecting, but overall I am happy.

Yes

Yes

The doll was well strung, no issue with the resin. However the color was much more orange than I was expecting, and it was a little marbled/mottled in some places, but nothing too terrible, especially considering that she will be wearing long sleeved clothes.

If they had other dolls that I was interested in, definitely.

5. * What did you order?
      Nelson - full set - Face up:Basic head+Spreial head:86 - Special Parts:Feos technology fists(with brushin) - Human Parts:Basic head + Special head
      * When did you order?
      July 19-2014
      No - Cost with shipping was $657.00
      No - sloppy painting of one head, seam lines - sloppy painting of special parts.
      No and poor packing, so item arrived with broken right hand. I notified Impldoll right away. Impldoll promised to ship new hand in two weeks. That was Oct. 2014. I have posted many times on their Q & A and they give me false information. Finally gave me tracking number but they never took item to post. Now they tell me item did not ship until Dec. 2 but will not give me tracking. New right hand still has not arrived. I think they have no itention on sending that hand. They should have sent it within the two weeks as promised and sent it EMS.
      All negative - they only have supplied me with lies.
      Never as this is the second time I have had problems with them, so I will not be foolish enough to ever purchase from them again.

#5 jo1961, Dec 14, 2014
      Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2018
    6. * What did you order?
      I ordered an Impldoll Nelson!!
      * When did you order?
      I ordered him in late December (? I don't remember the exact date, but it was after Christmas haha)
      It was! There wasn't anything wrong with him. There weren't any visible air pockets or seam lines. The resin is a bit shiny, but with a spray of MSC and a quick body blush the shine goes way down.
      Yes, he looked just the same! But often times, the doll looks better in person than in photographs, even when their photos are stunning! This was the case for Nelson!
      Absolutely! I love my Nelson! :)
      Hmm, the way he was originally strung was rather complicated! Well, not complicated, but when I first saw the crossing of the elastic, I figured it was done wrong, but I realized it's probably supposed to be that way, haha. There really isn't anything I can saw that was overly terrible or overly amazing.
      Maybe. If they come out with another doll that interests me, then I'd absolutely consider it.

7. * What did you order?
      I ordered an Impldoll Star Male body in Real skin (the old one)

* When did you order?
      Early 2013

It was, even if the resin is a bit shiny the body is sturdy and doesn't have any seam lines.

Better, I think.

Very, none of my dolls holds a pose better than he does and I have dolls from more expensive companies. I used it for a modded Migidoll Vampire Ell head and with a little blushing to match the resin it looks perfect.

Yes, especially bodies to make hybrids since they also do resin matches.

[​IMG]

8. * What did you order?
      Impldoll Star Bella in Dark Tan.
      * When did you order?
      end of April, 2015. I received her today, 29th June, 2015. I ordered through UK dealer Angelesque.

Yes, I believe so. She is very well put together, feels nice and sturdy, and the resin is beautiful quality. Smooth and without any major blemishes - there is the teeniest, tiniest little light spot on the back of one knee, but personally, this doesnt bother me at all.

Yes, except that I bought a blank doll and the sales pictures are painted.

Yes! lovely doll and nice quality

Good stuff:
      - really gorgeous face sculpt!
      - I ordered after Impldoll had started rolling out the new Star bodies, and I received Bella on the new body. It is much, much nicer than the look of the old body in my opinion! If you want a curvy doll the Impldoll Star girl body is really very nice.
      - comes with heel feet
      - impldoll's new joints are really lovely, almost seamless in the knees and elbows when the limbs are straight.
      - lovely hands!! this is a huge point for me because my first doll, a DZ Gretta, had her hands sculpted in a very... odd position! the Star body's are very nicely sculpted.

Negative points:
      - she's strung VERY tightly. I had trouble removing her head to do a quick eye test, the elastic was so tight from the S hook! I consider this a negative as it's going to make swapping her heel feet and removing her head again troublesome.
      - she poses well out of the box but is kicky, and she can't really hold up her arms. she will need wiring or sueding
      - double jointed everywhere except the hips. I really like mobility joints in the thighs and it's a little disappointing not to have them. Not a huge problem, of course, but something i personally would have appreciated.
      - her resin is so smooth i had trouble getting the eye putty to stick to it!! it's pretty shiny inside and out.

Since I buy dolls to shell my characters, I choose which dolls to buy based on what sculpts best fit them. That said, if the best sculpt for the job happened to be an impldoll doll, I would gladly buy from them again.

9. * What did you order?
      26cm boy body in White Resin
      * When did you order?
      November 7, 2015 from Alices Collections (it arrived December 10)
      Very appropriate, if not better!
      Yes
      Very much so
      I love how matte the resin is, as a lot of people seem to complain that IMPLdoll resin is shiny. He is a very good poser, and could stand right out of the box. No seam lines, no scratches, no cracks, no marks. Absolute perfection
      Yes, and I plan on doing so :)

10. * What did you order?
      -Impldoll Idol Filraen in tan skin + faceup and jointed hands
      -Impldoll Animal Colby in special blue skin
      -Impldoll Baby Aiden in dark tan skin (Event gift)
      -Impldoll Baby Harley in dark tan skin (Event gift)
      * When did you order?
      Sept. 26, 2015, from Alice's Collections (Arrived approx. three months later)
      Everything was reasonably priced, and of good quality, so I'd say definitely - if not better than expected for the price
      For the most part yes, outside of the sorts of things you expect to be different (skin tone/eyes/wigs/presence of faceup/etc.) The only real exception was the fact that Colby's mouth doesn't open, which I was a bit sad about...
      Very much so! Filraen's faceup is much nicer than in the promo photos, in my opinion.
      Positives: They're all absolutely lovely, and have nice weight, I could get each of them standing right out of the box (some with a bit of fiddling, but it was possibly for everyone), no seams, the resin colors are solid with no marbling
      Negatives: As mentioned, the Colby's face is solid - no joint for opening the mouth, Harley's hands came on the wrong arms (an easy fix, fortunately), all of them are strung quite tightly for my tastes so they're a bit kicky and heads are difficult to remove
      If I fall for any other sculpts from them, definitely!

11. * What did you order? Imp Star female body with small bust in custom colour white resin using their Pantone colour-matching service
      * When did you order? 10th February 2017
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The quality is very good at any price. I am really impressed!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, it exceeded my expectations
      * Were you satisfied with the product? More than satisfied. The colour match was very good.
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product: The body is a good weight and the resin is a good, even tone. The colour-matching service is exceptional. Only slight negatives - the thumbs stick out rather oddly! And the resin is shiny rather than matt. But I knew that. The body is extremely good value and well-made.
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes!

12. * What did you order?

Aurora w/ Star Muscle Girl body, pink skin

* When did you order?

February 17 2017, arrived April 10th

Yes, was very nice

Yes

Yes, overall very satisfied

The details are amazing. Very beautiful. A negative is her knee joints are kinda odd? I thought maybe I was just moving them wrong, but searching for other people with the body, it seems to be just the way they are. They don't seem to want to bend. Her one arm doesnt hold very well either. But I think both these issues can be modded to work well fairly easily so overall she is very beautifully made and I am very happy! Her hands are definitely the greatest feature for me, delicate detailing and so soft and beautiful!

I was also so happy to receive heeled feet as well as a bonus for no extra cost :3nodding:

Sure! If they had something that struck my fancy.

13. * What did you order? Impldoll Glenn plus bonus head Tank
      * When did you order? Mid October
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes. Hardly any different from my dolls twice the price.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes but a lot of the detail was lost in the photos. Much better in person.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very much so!
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product. His mouth is so carefully carved that he has almost an overbite. I've never seen anyone highlight this about Glenn. Glenn is for a Star body and Tank for an Idol but I swapped heads and Tank fits quite well on the Star body. Negative is the ball joints on the wrists and ankles. They bug me the tiniest bit because they're a little bulbous, and the head doesn't have much range of motion because the neck hole is round and not oblong. An easy fix with a dremel.
      * Would you buy more from this company? If I had more characters that suited their sculpts, I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

14. * What did you order? 2x Dolls (MGB body) as part of the Christmas Deal- Impldoll Cornelia and Narissa
      * When did you order? August 21st 2019
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? The quality is outstanding for the price!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? More than satisfied
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional) MGB body is very poseable and nicely sculpted
      * Would you buy more from this company? Yes and already have!

15. * What did you order? Impldoll Aurora on the 70cm female muscle body
      * When did you order? 9/17/19, arrived end of July 2020
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Not in this case
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? no
      * Were you satisfied with the product? no
      * Tell us some of the positives and negatives about this product (optional)there is a huge gap at her neck. The neck measurements on the official listings match up but when I measure what I received it's off by a whole cm. In addition, the head was damaged in the inital shipment to the distributor and the replacement head is not even close to the same color, so much so that I received a partial refund
      * Would you buy more from this company? I have purchased many impldolls prior, but after this experience I don't think I will ever buy direct from them again

16. * What did you order?
      Blank Avery in dark tan skin

* When did you order?
      January 9th, 2021. Shipped out on March 19th, got him on April 17th.

I am honestly not 100% sure how to judge considering he's the first full doll I've seen in person, let alone handled, but I'm happy with him! He's not shiny like earlier reviews mentioned. He's got a good heft, around the weight of my 17in laptop. Color is even, everything seems sturdy.

Accounting for being blank and a different skin tone, he does. The scar is a bit thinner than I expected, but I'm sure the company faceup made it look wider on the site's photos.

Yep! Everything that was off about him, I totally expected from others' experiences and aren't dealbreakers for me. He's cute, he poses decently and I bet will be even better once he's restrung/sueded.

Positives: Love the sculpt, even coloring, nice weight, like the proportions, double jointed.

Negatives: A few cm shorter than company description (43cm IRL versus 46cm on site), tightly strung.

I'm not currently planning on buying more dolls, but if I were to, I'd definitely consider returning to Impldoll! I like their style, everything got done quickly, price was great, and I think this was a good intro to ball jointed dolls.

Photo:

[​IMG]

17. * What did you order?

Impldoll Idol Tony in RSN

* When did you order?

2019 through BJDivas on long layaway

Oh yes, he's a stunner and wears all the elegant modern clothing made for other brands

Yep! I ordered him blank but his sculpt is very nice

Definitely

Pros: He's so handsome and his sculpting is beautiful. His body really looks good in clothing too, many styles suit him

Cons: I ordered the FGB and his torso joint is not fun to manipulate. Also he's really heavy

Definitely, they make great dolls for a reasonable price