1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Illusion Spirit 27cm Spirit doll discussion thread

Sep 22, 2011

1. This is a discussion thread for Illusion Spirit 27cm dolls.

#1 catas, Sep 22, 2011
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2017
    2. Hi, I was looking to buy that doll but had some questions about clothing and whether I would need to buy a wig. Would regular 1/6 sized clothes fit her or would I need to buy something specific? And is her hair attached to her head? I can't find many pictures of her and all the ones of her in the nude show her with hair...if it isn't, what size wig would you suggest?

3. Well, I just got mine in the mail today and OMG she is so beautiful! She's my first resin doll that is like a fashion doll in size and figure and I'm absolutely in love with her :)

Wig wise I'd say a 3-4, the sort of wig you'd use on a 26cm obitsu head - she's basically got that size head as well. What I'd like to know is how to attach the damn wings :( She doesn't have built in magnets, so are you supposed to glue that magnet support to her back or put it through clothing? Or maybe put it inside her? I'm stumped.

You probably haven't seen any photos of her because they didn't make any until they were ordered and the first orders just started to come in.

4. I'd love to see a picture of her if you're willing to share, Yasha. Reading from her measurements, it looks like she wears a size 4" wig, though a stretchy cap 3-4 will probably fit while a 4-5 would probably work as well. I'm actually quite horribly tempted to get a Spirit, as I've wanted a "borrower" girl for awhile. ^^

5. From the pictures, I'd say that the wings lock into the piece with the holes, and the one with the magnets is attached to the other side of the clothes.

I think I'll end up with a tan Spirit in the next months :D

6. I can't believe this is all there is to be found about this beauty in the discussion section! I'm seriously thinking about getting herthis year.

7. I'm very interested in this lovely girl, but I wanted to know if she perhaps has pointed ears. I cannot tell from the professional photos, and I can't find any of her without the wig to see.

8. I would love to know more about this doll! I'm thinking about getting her, but would love to see more pictures other than the ones of her 'fairy' self. Does anyone have her to post more pictures or that can tell anything else about her?

9. I've just ordered my spirit ^^ but are there any home photos of these beautiful girls? I didn't find any:(

10. Congratulations Lady Phoenix. I always think she looks beautiful in the publicity photos but I don't think I've ever seen owners's photos either and I'd love to. I hope you post some when your girl arrives even if there aren't any already on DOA

11. I am interested in the Spirit doll and Teresa as well. Any owner pics to post here?

12. Oh wow. Teresa must be brand new - I hadn't seen her before and she's not on the Mint on Card website though some other IS dealers seem to have her. She looks lovely.

13. I can't get in to the IS website right now, but they definitely had 2 dolls in the same category when I checked yesterday and looking at jeeryama's ebay site I'm pretty sure they are different sculpts - Teresa's mouth doesn't look as wide and I think the line of her eyes is different.

Spirit Doll

Teresa

(Though I do wish companies would take at least one publicity photo of a new doll showing the face directly rather than at an angle or with hair in the eyes!)

14. Haha... I so agree! I have been trying and trying to see their face clearly.

15. The IS website is back and it certainly looks like a new sculpt. The 2 dolls are here

And I love the fact that if you put that page through Google Translate it translates "Spirit Doll" as "Phantom Wizard"

16. Hey hey~ I contacted Mint On Card regarding the two molds snd this is their reply:

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in our response, we wanted to speak with IS about Teresa. They said that she uses the same body as Spirit Doll, but her head sculpt is different.

Lindsey Chan
      Mint on Card, Inc

I definitely like Teresa's scuplt better. Don't really fancy the body though.

17. I'd still love to see owner photos if anyone has either Spirit or Teresa at home with them

18. Tide N Thyme, I'm waiting for Teresa. I will show photos when I receive it;)