1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Souldoll Feedback (2010)

Feb 1, 2010

1. Souldoll Feedback

Please leave feedback in the following format so as to best inform everyone of how your transaction went with the company. Be as specific as you like, and additional comments are always encouraged

* What did you order?
      * When did you order?
      * How was the communication?
      * How easy was it to pay?
      * How long did it take to ship?
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?
      * Were you satisfied with the product?
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      * Would you order from this company again?
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?

2. * What did you order?
      -RBC-Z: Jacket and Pants Outfit

* When did you order?
      - 23 January 2010

- Excellent - they notified me of payment received as well as when the shipment was sent

- Very - Paypal

- Order received on 29 January 2010 - only 6 days after I placed my order!

- Yes...the detail work is amazing! I can see why these outfits sell out so quickly.

- Yes...and even better.

- Very!

- No issues at all - they immediately answered questions I had about other items.

- Definitely - Planning on it as we speak!

- Absolutely if I could be so lucky!

3. COMPANY NAME: Souldoll

* What did you order?
      First batch:
      Lev "The Fool" in apricot skin with free "The Fool" outfit set
      B163 eyes 18mm
      B153 16mm
      Soulkid outfit

Second batch:
      GRC (goods name) 8-9 inch wig
      P65 16mm eyes
      B85 16mm eyes

* When did you order?
      First batch: between Nov 16 to 26, 2009
      Second batch: Feb 11, 2010

Excellent. The first time I placed an order with them I wanted the items to be combined so I could save on shipping cost so I emailed them but I got impatient so I called them and they were pretty helpful and efficient as they made changes right away. Later on I would learn that they reply to emails within 24 hrs and it was the only time I called. I sent them other emails regarding cancelling and changing orders and they accommodated me each time.

Very easy. No posting on Q&A boards which I think can get confusing.

First batch: shipped on Jan 14, 2010
      Second batch: shipped last week, arrived today, Feb 22, 2010

"The Fool" outfit set is pretty awesome and I'm glad that I ordered the doll during their promo period which meant I got that set for free.

The wig is pretty unique. Souldoll is the only company, to my knowledge, that makes their sort of "bling" eyes, so considering that, the price is pretty good.

The outfits look just like the pictures but I had to snip the shirt's sleeve (not from The Fool set but the other one) after 15min of trying to put my doll's hand through it. The doll, the wig and most of the eyes I ordered look like the sales pictures. But in the B85 sales picture the eye colour goes from this royal blue to sky blue, but in person and even in photographs taken with my 5mp camera with flash, the eye just looks more black than anything else.

Yeah, still pretty satisfied considering everything.

N/a

I love their eyes but if I were to order eyes from them again I'd ask more questions first. I know their eyes are smaller than the standard ABJD eyes but I also just found out that their 16mm eyes are not the same size as each other. O_O I don't know why this is. The order sheets clearly say 16mm and yet the pairs from my second batch are clearly larger than the 16mm from my first batch. I will post pictures if requested.

But yes, I'd order from them again because I really love their dolls! I love their Tarot series and I might buy "The Emperor" someday or "The Hierophant" or both!

Sure. I do love their dolls most especially.

4. * What did you order?
      Katie A/ Soulkid and eyes
      * When did you order?
      On december 16, 2009 (received in 2010)
      * Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer?
      Directly from Souldoll
      Great. This was the first time I ordered for a doll, so I asked many questions : I always received very clear and friendly answers.
      Yes through paypal
      I ordered for my doll on december 16,2009
      I received her on february 10, 2010
      lead time was more than the one indicated on the website, but I was aware about that (because I asked)
      I really don't know because I'm newbie in bjd world
      but quality is good
      Yes and no. Yes because it's Katie A. no because she is not as the pictures on the website. Souldoll advised that wig and eyes will be radom, I think it's not very well because when I ordered I want the doll I seen on the picture (even if mine is very pretty)
      Yes of course. My doll has seam lines : I asked Souldoll it's this is normal, they answered that this was normal, and also for the blue marking on the heard :they answered that : is a magnet in the head and it's shown through on the head due to thickness of urethan
      I have no particular problems, only questions : they always answered quickly to my questions.
      Yes, doll are just amazing , and their customer service very efficient
      Yes, if Souldoll said that product is fine : I will be confident in their words

5. * What did you order?
      NS blank Zenith Chantal (Shiva Human v.2)

* When did you order?
      January 9 2010

Good, they answered my questions within 1-2 business days.

Can't remember, so it must have been pretty easy.

About 7 weeks? I asked around the beginning of Feb when they anticipated she would ship, and they said she would ship by March 9 2010. But I got a shipping notice on Feb 24, and she got caught in customs over the weekend, and was delivered March 1.

Yes, it's a good quality doll, heavy and well made. Some odd sculptural details, but all dolls have their quirks.

Yes, I think so.. or a bit better? The sales pics had a faceup, though.

Yes.

n/a

Yes, I think so.

Yes.

6. * What did you order? Souldouble Star
      * When did you order? Feb 2nd, through DDE
      * How was the communication? no communication direct with them
      * How easy was it to pay? very easy,through paypal~
      * How long did it take to ship? as advertised, 8 weeks
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? To be totally honest, no. Souldoll's prices are too high for their quality of resin (thin, toothy) and their sculpts (most of the double girls have some asymmetry to them). Souldoll has a 40% increase on all non-local orders though, so they're kind of ripping us off, haha.
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes, she does! Except her mouth is crooked. but its okay.
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Outside of the overpricedness, yes, I am very happy with her.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? n/a
      * Would you order from this company again? As much as I absolutely adore some of their sculpts (I had planned to get Shiva someday), after feeling and seeing the resin quality in person, I'm hesitant to order at their full price. If it was cheaper, I would definitely.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, I would.

7. What did you order?: Souldoll Double Queena with a custom face up and a dress
      * When did you order?: Early Feb [can't remember the date!!!]
      * How was the communication?: Excellent!!! They answered all of my email within a day, and I didn't have to post to the Q&A at all!
      * How easy was it to pay?: Extremely easy!!! No complaints!!!
      * How long did it take to ship?: They were super fast. I wasn't expecting my doll til about mid-April and I received her around the second week of March
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion?: Yes!!!! My doll was worth every single penny!!! I love her sooo much that I can't wait to order another doll from them again!!!
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures?: No. My girl does NOT look like the pics on the website. I think thats a sign of an awesome face up though!! Its perfect!
      * Were you satisfied with the product?Yes!!! I can't wait to order another doll from Souldoll!! Saving all my little pennies and such so that I can get her companion. I did buy a dress with her...and I wasn't too pleased with it. It looks more Vegas strip than they made it look like in the pictures. She can barely fit in it. So I had to get some clothes commissioned for her. So for that reason I'm not happy with their clothes. I love the eyes!! They read my mind and sent her with the most perfect shade of green eyes. I didn't even have to ask. I might keep her arylic eyes, but she has some silicone eyes on their way. We shall see. Also they sent her with a super huge wig..an FYI: For people who are planning on buying a Souldoll Double girl...SHE HAS AN MSD SIZED head. No way some tape can help the wig she came with.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?: N/A
      * Would you order from this company again?: YESSS!!!!!!!!!!
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand?: Yes I would...as a matter of fact I've been looking at one on the marketplace for quite some time now....>.>

8. * What did you order?

Outfit GSB-D (shorts, blouse, jacket, tie) and shoes BS-DG-I.

* When did you order?

April 20.

I had no direct communication; I just tracked my order on the website.

Very; I just used PayPal.

I received these items on 4/28.

Yes; the fabrics and workmanship are wonderful; the shoes are exquisite. I am always pleased with the quality of Souldoll's clothes and shoes.

Yes.

Yes, very.

N/A

Definitely!

Maybe; I usually don't buy much second-hand.

9. * What did you order? Souldoll Double Hong Ryeon.

* When did you order? At the end of January.

* Did you order directly from the company, or through a distributor or dealer? Actually, she was in stock at Denver Doll Emporium, so I put her on layaway and picked her up yesterday.

* How was the communication? I had no direct communication with Souldoll.

* How easy was it to pay? Quite easy, as DDE allowed me to put her on a four-month layaway.

* How long did it take to ship? N/A

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes! Her face-up is gorgeous and she is otherwise perfect in every way. I have two Soulkids, so I expected she would be wonderful--and of course I was able to see her in person first.

* Did the item look like the sales pictures? Pretty much, but I don't think most of the pictures of her on the Souldoll website do her justice.

* Were you satisfied with the product? Yes, absolutely.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? N/A

* Would you order from this company again? Yes, I would; I already have my eye on Ignis.

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Maybe, if I new the seller personally.

10. * What did you order?

a soul-double Killian

* When did you order?

08th of March 2010

great. they've been kind in answering to questions, and sending me an email telling me the approximate period to ship the doll, few days after I completed the last payment.

Easy, layaway via paypal.

Almost two months, but they've been kind and sent a note to "warn" me for a little delay.

absolutely! everything was just perfect, I really appreciated the packaging, and the items they sent as a gift (a wig, and additional pair of eyes). everything was perfect.

nope... it's BETTER by far!!!! :o

yes!

N/A

I'm planning (and saving!) to!

I'd rather not, but because I prefer new items... if may happens a good chance, I could think about.

11. * What did you order? Outfit
      * When did you order? Last month
      * How was the communication? Perfect
      * How easy was it to pay? Very easy
      * How long did it take to ship? One week and a half
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Very
      * Were you satisfied with the product? Very satisfied
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? No problem at all
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, for sure
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes

12. *What did you order?
      One SD outfit, one MSD outfit: BSY-D (long cream lace dress and floppy hat) and RMC-K (red/maroon/black corset dress and long skirt)

* When did you order?
      May 19, 2010

- Excellent - they notified me of payment received as well as when the shipment was sent

- Very - Paypal

- My dresses arrived in a week

- Yes, the fabrics and details are lovely.

- Yes...and even better.

- Very--and the lace dress is so versatile!

N/A.

- Definitely! I regularly visit the website to see what is new.

Probably not, just because I usually don't buy many things second-hand.

13. * What did you order?

Souldoll Shiva w 2 arms
      * When did you order?
      April 2010, lay away
      Good, although they told me I could choose eye colour, but she came with a different colour than the one I specified.
      Paypal - Lay away

They shipped the date we had agreed on, late June.
      Absolutely, I'm so impressed.
      Better
      Yes, very.
      N/A
      Yes.
      Yes.

14. * What did you order?
      - Souldoll Philippa, Eyes, Wig, High heel feet.
      * When did you order?
      6/19/2010
      Excellent, they were very quick to respond and informative.
      I didn't get the layaway option being a newbie, but experience with other companies has learned me a bit. I was impatient for my doll anyways. If you want to pay in full, it's super easy! ;)
      From notification 7/28 to delivery on 8/2. I think it would have been possible to receive 7/31, but got slightly misdirected in the US, NOT Souldoll's fault.
      Certainly, I believe this to be the case.
      They looked even better than the sales pictures.
      Very very satisfied.
      No problems this time around, but company listened to and was able to answer me on many questions and details.
      I absolutely plan to!
      If it is a sold out item I am interested in.

15. * What did you order?
      Leira the Moon: Tarot card Number 18
      * When did you order?
      May 26th ish 2010
      Pretty good, they always answered my questions. Sometimes I felt like maybe I was bothering them when I checked my payments went through. But they were always polite.
      Very easy. Paypal
      About 2 months. It was really fast especially on a layway. I was very happy.
      Absolutely. She is really great.
      Yes
      Yes, I had a problem with the shoe breaking the first time it went on.
      They shipped me out a new pair right away, free.
      Absolutely.
      Sure if it was a product that was discontinued.

16. * What did you order? - I ordered soul double Star

* When did you order? - June 2010

* How was the communication? - Pretty good and fast

* How easy was it to pay? - yes, Paypal

* How long did it take to ship? - about 1.5 months

* Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? - Their prices are pretty high...but quality is real high too.

- Yes

* Were you satisfied with the product? - Absolutely, it was even better than I expected.

* If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? - N/A

* Would you order from this company again? - Yes

* Would you buy this company's products second-hand?- Yes

17. What did you order? Morse
      * When did you order? July
      * How was the communication? Fabulous
      * How easy was it to pay? Yes
      * How long did it take to ship? I did layaway and then a couple of weeks after final payment
      * Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Yes
      * Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes
      * Were you satisfied with the product? They sent the wrong body type and I contacted them on the Q&A board.
      * If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem? They very quickly sent me a replacment body and paid for shipping on the return of the wrong body. Great customer service all around and they included a second set of hands for free.
      * Would you order from this company again? Yes, I have always been happy with their products over the last 5 years I have brought from them.
      * Would you buy this company's products second-hand? Yes, I have and they are great!

18. * What did you order?
      Queena with custom makeup & high heel feet
      * When did you order?
      August 19
      minimal, but the one question I did ask was answered within 24 hours
      very easy
      3 weeks to ship date, 1 week in transit
      definitely!
      better
      extremely
      in a heartbeat
      sure

19. What did you order? Shiva-G w/default face-up, wig, outfit/Hewer w/default face-up, wig

When did you order?
      August 9, 2010/August 16, 2010

How was the communication? Prompt, friendly

How easy was it to pay? Very

How long did it take to ship? 3 wks./5 wks.

Was the quality appropriate for the price, in your opinion? Absolutely on both counts!

Did the item look like the sales pictures? Yes/Not entirely. Hewer's eyebrows had a slightly different shape, different eyes(I requested and was told I could have those pictured).

Were you satisfied with the product? Yes. However, due to some confusion w/my order they gave me the wrong eyes/Yes, after the first few days the "eyebrow" issue didn't really bother me.

If you weren't satisfied, how did the company solve your problem?
      They immediately sent out the correct ones./They said they mixed up my request for certain eyes w/another customer's order. And since they didn't sell the ones I requested, they made up a special set for me and sent them promptly.

Would you order from this company again? Most definitely! I love and am so impressed with the quality of their products and customer service!

Would you buy this company's products second hand? Depends on the item

20. * What did you order?
      Soulkid Apple on double-jointed body

* When did you order?
      October 6, 2010

Adequate. My one question was answered on the Q&A board. I may not have received other information because I have a Comcast account.

Quite easy, via PayPal

I received the doll on November 2, 2010, so it was just under four weeks.

I believe so, yes. She is my first doll, but I was very pleased. No seams that I have been able to discover, beautiful default faceup, good heft.

I think she looked better than the sales pictures (which are, themselves, quite attractive).

Very satisfied!

N/A

If another doll is in my future, I will definitely look at Souldoll.

Again, if another doll is in my future, I would.