The Den of Angels forum is intended solely for the appreciation of ball-jointed dolls (BJD) that meet our criteria. Though we have an extensive Marketplace available to members, our focus is on being a community and resource for people to share and enjoy their dolls through photography, customization and discussion.
Den of Angels Rules
- Be respectful of others and have good manners. If you wish to discuss a potentially sensitive issue, handle it with tact. Flaming, trolling, or harassment will not be tolerated. Critique belongs in the Critique subforum, not in the Galleries.
- Conduct yourself with honesty and integrity. Stealing, impersonating another member, or claiming to be two (or more) different people will result in a permanent ban.
- Each member gets ONE account ONLY. Members may not have multiple or shared accounts because DoA's community and Marketplace safety is built heavily on reputation and member feedback. There are no exceptions, and users who are found to have multiple usernames or a shared account may be banned. For the same reason, we do not allow name changes. If more than one DoA member shares your computer or IP address, post into Ask the Moderators, so that we can make a note of your separate accounts.
- DoA is an English-only forum; with some exceptions, all foreign-language posts will be removed. (We do not consider netspeek, l33t, lolspeak, or txt spk English.) Additionally, we frown on typing in all caps, capitalizing the first letter of every word and committing other typographic crimes. Comic Sans was removed from the dropdown choices for a reason.
- DoA is a 13+ forum, so we do not allow the following in photos, photostories, videos or textual content: pornography, rape, paedophilia, extreme gore, or glorification of torture. Do not link to adult material. Members who are found to be under 13 will be banned due to COPPA regulations. (Please see the rules for appropriate content below for more information.)
- No buying, selling or trading outside of the Marketplace. This includes (but is not limited to these examples) publicly:
- asking if anyone is selling a specific item.
- mentioning that your item is for sale or trade.
- answering a "Where can I buy..." question with your own sale.
- asking members to sell items that are not listed for sale.
- asking members to contact you if they decide to sell an item.
- cross-posting images in your sales thread and outside of the Marketplace at the same time.
- soliciting commissions (even for free) outside of the Commissionable Services marketplace.
- asking members if you may commission them.
- asking members if there would be any interest in: a group order, a split, a custom manufactured head.
- asking members to help you price your item for sale.
(Also see Marketplace Rules)
- Stay on topic. Photos, videos or posts that focus on other dolls, your boyfriend, your cat, etc., are considered off topic. If a thread is only about your specific situation, please take it to a personal blog. Posts that are only about the "character" aspects of the hobby (roleplay, fanfiction, fanart) are considered off-topic. Off-topic threads will be removed. Do not repost deleted content.
- No drama. Do not discuss offsite snark or drama on Den of Angels. Do not attempt to involve forum staff in personal rivalries or disputes.
Suspensions and Bannings
- Banning is always at DoA’s discretion. Den of Angels does not ban lightly and without good reason. If you or someone you know feels you have been banned mistakenly or unfairly, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For legal and privacy reasons we cannot publicly state why individual users are banned from the forum.
- Helping a member to get around a ban (Marketplace or full-forum) is a bannable offense. Do not let a banned member sign on from your house or use your account.
Den of Angels has taken a stand against the principle and practice of recasting dolls, therefore we reserve the right to ban those who engage in recasting, those who aid and abet recasting by procuring legitimate dolls for the purposes of recasting, and those who provide ordering services for recasters. Using Den of Angels to promote any of these actions is a bannable offense. Reference to ownership of recast dolls either in photos or in writing on Den of Angels is a bannable offense.
If you have specific questions about moderated posts, threads, or other concerns, ask the moderators.
DoA is not liable for off-site links; users should follow links at their own risk. Posts made by members of this forum are not the opinions of the moderators or owners of the forum, and we do not claim to have censure on all opinions or topics posted by private members.
Den of Angels is a privately owned and run forum and reserves the right to: ban a user for any reason or for no reason at all; remove any post at any time; edit any post for content at any time; remove access to the site for any user at any time, at its sole discretion.