1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Volks Tea Party in NY

Apr 18, 2006

1. In the same vein though, have there been any Dolpas where there were NO limiteds at all to bring home? Alex

edit: oops, sorry if I sound snippy, but for some of us, its a long trip to NYC....

2. Yes of course dolls sell out at Dolpa. That's the reason why there are preorders and AEs -- for those people who were unable to get a doll at the event. However the fact is that at all Dolpas you were able to bring your doll home right after.

nathankatt, I have never heard of a prior Dolpa where you couldn't bring the limited doll you bought that day home with you.

3. If you have an invite to the Tea Party or are attending as a Guest - you do not need to send in an order form to receive the FDQ Exclusive Doll.

At the Tea, all invitees get first dibs on the doll. After the invitees have placed their orders, and depending on availability - the Guests can order her. If the doll sells out at the Tea - FDQ has an alloted number put aside for magazine orders and International collectors. If you are a Guest and still want to send in an order, please write on the order form that you will be at the Tea (we're trying to keep track of how many are available so we can notify people faster).

FDQ will ship the doll to you about a month after the Tea. You will need to pay for her in full at the Tea.

Anyone who sends in an order for her, will be notified after the Tea if they will receive her. FDQ would appreciate it if you would send in your order forms before the Tea. An order does not guarantee you a doll, if we have many orders there will be a lottery. Once you are notified that you can purchase her - you will need to pay in full.

You do not need to be a subscriber to order the doll through the magazine, you just need to get the July issue. FDQ has not confirmed to me that you can just print out an order form from online. They want it by smail and from their add in the mag (if this changes I'll update you).

Volks will not disclose the amount of the limited edition size to anyone, so any numbers you are hearing are unconfirmed rumors.

As of today (June 27th) the FDQ site is down (I was away for the weekend and haven't seen any of the info that was once there). However I do have the July issue. So now I can share a little info on the event doll.

Olivia Morgan is the brand new SD16 Girl. Her pictures and story are in the mag. She is shown in different style wigs and looks - so you can see some of her versatility. She is 25 inches tall. She does not have an ankle joint which IMO gives her legs a very elegant and sexy look. She wears high-heels. She can wear DD size wigs .... want more info - you'll get it soon cause the magazine begins shipped this week.

Olivia is $969.00 + domestic shipping $11.00 (Int'l shipping $46.00)
      NY state residents add 8.25 sales tax.

In this issue is VOLKS' new add where they mention the Owner's Appreciation Day in the LA Mansion on Aug 5. FDQ has nothing to do with this. Olivia will not be available or offered there. The only way to get her is through FDQ.

-Am
      FDQ

4. I went to Barnes and Noble today to see if they even carry the magazine and they said they don't have it in the system. Is it usually in stores? I guess I'll have to order from the website. Any word when the website will be back up?

5. It's in bookstores and on stands in specific areas of the U.S. - not sure how all that's figured out. In the meantime, they're working on getting the site back up (too many hits just knocked it right offline - lol).
      Anyway, you can email Pat of FDQ at
      [email protected]
      to order the July issue.
      -Am

6. Hi, HF!

I know the Barnes & Noble in Westport, CT _does_ carry FDQ, but I don't know about any others.

~Bruce

7. Thanks, Am, I emailed Pat on Tuesday like you said but I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully soon.

Thanks, Bruce! Then my Barnes and Noble just plain SUCKS! Arg! Does your B&N have the July issue in stock already?

8. Just heard from Pat about ordering Olivia ....
      You can cut out the page from the July issue and smail it in ...
      You can make a copy of the page and just smail it in ...
      or
      you can print it out from the FDQ site and smail it in.

Just do so before July 27th.
      Sorry for the confusion.
      -Am
      FDQ

9. this is kind of OT,but hyper-related to the NY Tea... but i have to ask, are the people attending the Tea going to recieve some sort of cute volks box-lunch? :daisy i've heard they do that kind of thing at volks events... actually, i may have imagined it. :sweat

10. At the Tea Party in LA, it was more buffet-style. They had everything laid out in the kitchen, and you could pick and choose what you wanted. They also had champagne, juice, and sodas.

Not entirely sure that's how they'll do it in NY, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did it the same way.

11. Hi, HF!

I'd have to check - I got a subscription, so I can just patiently wait for mine to show up. I'm also planning to be at the Tea Party, to see Olivia in person, to check out all the one-offs, to perhaps have the opportunity to thank the Shigetas in person for providing such worldwide joy, to meet and enjoy the company of people who _don't_ think a guy with a doll is some kind of wierdo, and maybe - just maybe - to order a tall, blonde doll with blue eyes and a slender, mature body sculpt.

~Bruce

12. -.- I want to goooooooo....sniffle...

Volks, have a Tea Party in Chicago next time, please. :)

13. Volks is in charge of the food, so I don't know what they're serving. I would guess a buffet. I'm pretty sure there'll be no champaigne though (I heard no alcohol). The spread in LA was incredible!
      The room is very large and has lots of tables, so we'll be nice and comfy. I can't wait!
      -Am

14. They did that for the staff at Dolpa 12, since I was there as press - I was included. I'm expecting a buffet at the NYC Tea.
      -Am

15. I've never been to a Volks Party, this is my very first!!!!!! What could we expect?
      -Anthony

16. Hi Am,

Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding of the delivery and availability of the FDQ exclusive doll Olivia, I didn't mean to confuse anyone. My apologies to all for not responding earlier, but we've had stormy weather over the past several days that led to power outages...thus no DoA access. :( Anyway, I'm sure that this event is going to be wonderful with both FDQ and Volks behind it! I know this party is something that Pat's worked very hard on and put a lot of thought into to make it memorable for all of us. :)

Juli DC

17. I really think the next logical place to hold a Tea party would be Chicago, they've hit both coasts, let's go for the middle!

18. Expect to have a wonderful time, be flawed by the beauty of the One-Offs and charm of the Shigeta Family.

I will be posting a suggested list of etiquette and how it will work after all the invites have RSVPed. Speaking of which anyone who hasn't RSVPed for themself and their guest, please do ASAP. If you or your guest's name is not on the list - you will NOT be allowed to enter. Remember this is NYC and FIT, a college, and security may be tight. Also bring a photo ID, tell your guest to do the same. If your guest decided not to come, and you find an alternative guest - let FDQ know. We need their name.

RSVP by July 15th

Thanks,
      Am
      FDQ

19. I agree, write to VOLKS and suggest it (just tell them not to plan it in the winter - lol).
      Am

20. :( don't rip on lovely Chicago's winters. The snow is pretty. Whiners need to wear a sweater.

lolololololol